Hello everyone!

ambuscade

I think this is a great site to learn more about Islam!
I'm not a Muslim myself , but this site sure has got me interested to learn more about this faith.

I'm so amazed there are so MANY Muslims!
It's really overwelhming how many there really are!
I don't know any Muslims I only see them on TV most of the time and they are not usually shown in a positive light.

It's weird to read about so many Muslims being out there and actually living this religion thats got everyone talking!

Do you ever get upset about all the nosey non-Muslims judging you and your religion?
Why are there so many Muslims around the world do you think?

AishaR

Welcome to the site

It is upsetting being judged sometimes but people need to learn about the true Islam.

Kind regards

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

Submitter

hi

I'm not a Muslim myself , but this site sure has got me interested to learn more about this faith.

Welcome to the website! People of all faiths and cultures are welcome here because without knowledge we will all remain ignorant of the truth.

I don't know any Muslims I only see them on TV most of the time and they are not usually shown in a positive light.

It's weird to read about so many Muslims being out there and actually living this religion thats got everyone talking!

Yep, Islam has the second largest following in the world and is actually the fastest growing religion in the world today. You actually sound suprised to learn there are so many Muslims haha.

Do you ever get upset about all the nosey non-Muslims judging you and your religion?

I honestly don't mind people asking questions about Islam. But only people who are sincere in their intention to simply learn more and gain a better understanding of this "strange" religion called Islam! But what does upset me is the one-sided view that the media portrays of what goes on in the Muslim world which has resulted in blind anger and hatred for Muslims by the west. If only they were to take some time to go away and do their own research on Islam and not simply rely on what they see on TV, only then will they see the TRUE Islam.

Hmm, not sure I can give you a detailed answer with regards the historical development of Islam over the world, but if you asked "why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world?", I would simply say: because it's the truth! It offers solutions to soo many of people's problems. Indeed, it is a whole way of life, not just something you practice at the end of the week.

All the recent attention on Islam and Muslims since 9/11 have made some people (including yourself perhaps?) curious about us, and those who do go away and do a little of their own research have seen how simple and peaceful the true Islam really is. There's a whole area on this forum where you can listen to the reasons people are interested in Islam:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

I'm very glad you decided to join us on this site to learn more about Islam and it's followers. The people here are all very friendly and helpful so please don't hesitate to ask any questions or queries you may have.

Peace :)

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Welcome dear guest!

Subhan'Allah...(Glory be to Allah).....first of all, you are most welcome here Alhamdulillah (All praise is due to Allah)....just like br Submitter said, there are friendly people here, striving to help one another to proclaim the truth purely for the Sake of Allah.

you mentioned that Muslims are not shown in a positive light, majority of the times, yes! But really and truly, people should not hold or judge 'ISLAM' in the actions of a 'few' Muslims.........in every religion or culture, you may get a batch that may not be so knowledegable in their own religion......but that doesnt mean that we point fingers at the whole nation. Subhan'Allah...not sure if you recall the incident of two lovely girls who were brutely murdered by 'Ian Huntly'.......? well he was suppose to be a Christian right?....but he was accountable and punished for his own crime, no? nobody ever held 'Christianity' as a nation accountable for his filthy act....and why should they? it is 'he' who individually committed the crime. And likewise, so i say, when we see some people committing mistakes or even great crimes, we shouldnt hold the religion accountable because of their individual actions!

And Allah teaches us in the Glorious Qu'ran not to repel bad with bad, but to repel it with much good. Who knows, if people really see the sincerity, purity and humility in this noble religion, they may want to re-consider their thoughts about us or even our profound religion (Insha'Allah). But it is with Allah, the Knowledge of what we reveal and what we conceal..........

Nice to see you take such interest in Islam, i can only say, All praise is due to Allah....for surely He guides whom He Wills.....

Alhamdulillah......truth shall always prevail...and so by the grace of Allah...Islam is rapidly increasing...Masha'Allah (Allah had Willed)

Alhamdulillah....i dont really......as a believer in Allah, we as Muslims have Full reliance in Him the All-Mighty Alone........today the non-Muslims may well be mocking at us, but Islam deals with patience, for patience is a virtue....(and the reward is with Allah...)!

so no, personally i dont...but it is upsetting to see people judging eachother, not neccessarily Muslims, but anyone.....see Islam calls to UNITY through DIVERSITY...............Islam teaches us to respect and and spread love, Masha'Allah...Islam as a whole means 'PEACE'...!

Alhamdulillah, again....cos the truth is becoming apparant, Allah ho Akbar (God is Great)! you see, Islam is only proclaiming what was sent 'before'...to Adam, Noah, Abraham, John, Joseph...., Moses, Jesus and FINALLY Muhammad (Peace be upon him and peace be upon them all) we cannot not be Muslims if we dont believe in Jesus Christ, but as nothing more than a Prophet and a slave of Allah..........as Muslims, we make no distinction between the Prophets that was sent by Allah. A Muslim is simply the one who submits.....Submits to Allah the All-Mighty...

Allah reminds us in the Glorious Qu'ran:

'Say, [O believers]. "We have belived in Allah and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants [al-Asbat] and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.'(Chapter 2: Verse 136)

'Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them-out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the Verses of Allah, then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account]' (Chapter 3: Verse 19)

'...........This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion........' (Chapter 5: Verse 3)

so my dear guest....may Allah make things easy for you...
give us a shout should you require anything, and if ALLAH permits, we'll be more than willing to help...

thanks a bunch for your compliments regarding the site....

if theres any good in what ive said, then it is from Allah Alone, anything dumbfound any faults, are from me and Shaytaan!

take care...

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bismillah,

Welcome to our forum, we hope that we are indeed of any help for anyone who wants to know about Islam.

It's funny you asked about the nosey non-Muslims. It is ok to ask as anything about anything as well about Islam, so I guess people are curious and I personally don't mind. The rude ones maybe don't yet know the truth about Islam 'cause maybe they would also feel and behave different towards muslims.

We hope to be of any help we can, so feel free, inform yourself and insha'Allah (Allah willing) you'll find enough information here.

May Allah (swt) help you in your seeking the truth.

gudigak2009

:salam2:
ambuscade Welcome to TurntoIslam.com Here is the right place for you to know and explore more about Muslims and Islam. Of course people who are not educated about Islam say wierd things, but all I do is tell them to learn more about Islam; don't judge Muslims blindly. I give the address of this site to people who ask me about Islam because they can learn a lot here.

Welcome again

:wasalam: :shymuslima1: