help for new muslim

omooba

a friend of mine reverted about 2 years back and now she wants to try and understand Islam seriously does anyone know of any schools in the greater Londo area which teach islam, i mean a sort of weekend thing for a year or perhaps evening classes where people can got ot understand the deen

there is an option to go to SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies) but since most of the teachers there are orientalists not muslims i am a bit wary, we dont want 1 day seminars but something ongoing which we can commit to and she wants a real school as opposed to a circle or something

can anyone suggest anything please help Jaza Khallah Khairun

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

The London Central Mosque in Regent's Park has a lot of courses. Please click on the following link:

http://www.iccuk.org/activities/courses/courses.htm

However, please make sure that courses of the Islamic Creed [al-Aqidah al-Islamiyyah] are in acoordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah as understood by the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him] and does not contain the innovations of groups such as Sufis.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

Also, you can do your friend a big favour if you present him with a gift of Dr. Bilal Philips' book The Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism].

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum