help

complex_man

dear members,
ramadan kareem to all of you. i have got infection in my lungs and i feel like my chest is burning. i went to doctor and he gave me some medicine and a liquid which i have to make warm and then take deep breathes. i want to keep the fasts also but i have this problem and i am afraid it will increase. when i cough it is like i am going to die and this is last time, my inside is burning and it feels i have some thing inside of my chest which is itching and burning like a fire. any suggestion what should i do ??? keep fasts or go with the treatment. need suggestions

thanks

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
dear members,
ramadan kareem to all of you. i have got infection in my lungs and i feel like my chest is burning. i went to doctor and he gave me some medicine and a liquid which i have to make warm and then take deep breathes. i want to keep the fasts also but i have this problem and i am afraid it will increase. when i cough it is like i am going to die and this is last time, my inside is burning and it feels i have some thing inside of my chest which is itching and burning like a fire. any suggestion what should i do ??? keep fasts or go with the treatment. need suggestions

thanks

:salam2:
Ramadan mubarak to you and your family too brother.
I dont know,but it sounds like congestion in the chest,maybe doctors can tell better inshaAllah.If one is ill one can skip fast and keep them later inshaAllah.Allah sees intention.He is the Most Wise.Just be patient,sometimes illness and troubles and problems are a mean of purification and sins are of a believer are forgiven by Allah,on account of his patience in the face of adversities. I hope you feel better soon.
May Allah cure you.Ameen.

:wasalam:

JenGiove

dear members,

thanks

:salam2: Brother, first, allow me to express my sadness to you that you have fallen ill at the start of Ramadan. Such an awful time to be sick.

By the sound of it, the medication you are taking is an anti-biotic which will <inshallah> kill the bacteria that is causing the illness. It is VITAL that you take the medication on time. DO NOT skip a dose or give it to other people. Anti-biotics work in layers, each does supporting each other and as the doses accumulate, they work better as a whole...kinda like the Ummah. :) The liquid you were given sounds like it is either Camphor or Menthol which are bronchial dilators. That means that the fumes of the herbs <the liquid being an extract of plants> will help open up your bronchial tubes in your chest thus making it easier to breath. Its quite a gentle way and is natural treatment.

As for your fasting, your brother has already advised you. Recently, I looked up what amount of food was required to feed to a poor person for each day of a missed fasting day. I learned that it was "one mudd of wheat" and when I looked up what a "mudd of wheat" was, I discovered that it equals about 2 cups/475mL. So, if you need to break your fast, and that is allowed since you are sick and fasting could endanger your life, that is how much food you will need to distribute for each day you miss.

I hope you feel much better soon and it turns out to be just a simple infection.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

dear members,

thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
[Fasting for] a limited number of days.
So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them]

- then an equal number of days [are to be made up].

And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] -

a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day he/her miss in

Ramadhan(30 days].

And whoever volunteers excess -
it is better for him.
But to fast is best for you,
if you only knew.
~Holy qur'an~Surah Al-Baqarah 2:184

Dear brother,
Your situasion sound quite serious,
since you have seen a doctor insya'allah your situasion will revise to better.

As the above surah explain very clear ,i hope you copy and follow up the requirement about what the ill (sick) person must do if they can't perform and miss fasting.If you need help to giving the substitute of feeding a poor person because you have miss the fast.
Consult the nearest mosque or get to the Islamic council where you are staying for assisstance.

Please take care of your health
and
~May Allah swt
help and guide you and make a speedy recovery upon you~Amin!
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
you and your family
and All My Family In Islam.

Get well soon :)
Take care!
~Wassalam .

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarakatuhu

Ramadhan Mubarak to you too dear brother and to your family.

Dear brother, I advice you that you imidiately visit a doctor Inshallah and that they recomend you antibiotics for the lungs disaese, and if they recomd you to drink often antibiotics, than is better for you to not fast if you need to take medicins, but also because if one is very ill he should take as much as vitamins and other natural cures like a honey, cinnamon, vitamic C and black oil seed as our Prophet Mohammed sallahu wa salam thought us in Hadeeth that black oil seed is good for any kind of ilness.

Alhadmulillah it is not a sin to not fast if one can not fast because of health reasons and Allah knows the best.

May Allah cure your ilness dear brother and help you to fast Inshallah.

JenGiove

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarakatuhu

Ramadhan Mubarak to you too dear brother and to your family.

Dear brother, I advice you that you imidiately visit a doctor Inshallah and that they recomend you antibiotics for the lungs disaese, and if they recomd you to drink often antibiotics, than is better for you to not fast if you need to take medicins, but also because if one is very ill he should take as much as vitamins and other natural cures like a honey, cinnamon, vitamic C and black oil seed as our Prophet Mohammed sallahu wa salam thought us in Hadeeth that black oil seed is good for any kind of ilness.

Alhadmulillah it is not a sin to not fast if one can not fast because of health reasons and Allah knows the best.

May Allah cure your ilness dear brother and help you to fast Inshallah.

Dear Sister, the OP has visited the doctor already and they did prescribe anti-biotics. His question was should he continue the fast or break fast for his health.

As for the black seed oil. It very well could help him due to its properties which assist in lung disorders but I would recommend discussing it with his doctor FIRST to double check that the black seed oil will not counteract the anti-biotic. For instance, you should not take Vit C with milk as the lactose in milk inhibits the absorption of the Vit C.

complex_man

Thanks to all for your help. i feel good after such replies. i will continue the medicine and will fast some other days.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Dear Sister, the OP has visited the doctor already and they did prescribe anti-biotics. His question was should he continue the fast or break fast for his health.

As for the black seed oil. It very well could help him due to its properties which assist in lung disorders but I would recommend discussing it with his doctor FIRST to double check that the black seed oil will not counteract the anti-biotic. For instance, you should not take Vit C with milk as the lactose in milk inhibits the absorption of the Vit C.

I aplogise to brother for not reeding well his thread, as I was busy and hurry with prepearing iftaar Alhamdulillah, and that is why I have only red some essential informations in the begining and end of our brother thread.

May Allah forgive me for my mistake and help you brother to heal very soon. Allahume Ameen

And thank you Jennifer for your concern.

Shak78

Thanks to all for your help. i feel good after such replies. i will continue the medicine and will fast some other days.

May Allah ease your illness brother, keep taking your medicine until it is gone and it should make your sickness go away. I know it is frustrating to be sick at this most blessed time but Allah knows your intentions and understands your situation.