Help!!

my frnd says dat if milad is a biddat then the seerat conferences organized in rabi ul awal r laso biddat, and the Yaum e Badar 17 ramazan programmes are also biddat.. How to answer ?

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
my frnd says dat if milad is a biddat then the seerat conferences organized in rabi ul awal r laso biddat, and the Yaum e Badar 17 ramazan programmes are also biddat.. How to answer ?

Yes milaad is a bid'ah...
So is everything linked to the milaad like these conferences organised in rabi al-awal...

taking yaum e badr as a festival is a bid'ah....

taking the 17th or 15th of ramadhaan as a festival is also a bid'ah...

you answer by saying, yes all these things are bid'ah as the Prophet (saw) and the companions (and the first three generations) never done these acts... simple...

Yes milaad is a bid'ah...
So is everything linked to the milaad like these conferences organised in rabi al-awal...

taking yaum e badr as a festival is a bid'ah....

taking the 17th or 15th of ramadhaan as a festival is also a bid'ah...

you answer by saying, yes all these things are bid'ah as the Prophet (saw) and the companions (and the first three generations) never done these acts... simple...

can you please provide me some authentic source for the latter one!

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
can you please provide me some authentic source for the latter one!

ok whether ur talking about taking yaum e badr as a festival or taking the 17th or 15th of ramadhaan as a festival, both are considered as a bid'ah coz the prophet (saw) nor the conpanions, nor the righteous salaf celebrated these...

To say that these are special days to be celebrated or whatever requires proof, and there is no prrof to say that the prophet (saw) or the companions or the righteous salaf ever celebrated such days as festivals where they gathered to remember such days.

We only have 2 yearly 'eids in Islaam, 'eid al-adhaa, and 'eid al-fitr.

All other 'religious' festivals are considered as an innovation.

If someone says that they are not an innovation, then they must provide the proof that the Prophet (saw) celebrated such festivals....

muhammad sabri

Ah innovation! In that case yes it is but it is Biddah Husna this means that you can ''celebrate'' it but only in private:that is to say at home and only use the occasion to increase in dhikr and not make it a mean of consumism like the so-called ''Christ-mas''.
As for reference here it is, may you take benefit from it .

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book Iqtida' Al Sirat Al Mustaqeem (Cairo, al-Fiqqi 1950 edition, pages 294 and 297)
"What some people innovated, either to emulate the Christians who celebrate the birth of `Isa (as) or out of love for the Prophet and in order to exalt him:
Allah MAY reward them for such love and effort but not for the innovations [...]. So one MAY magnify the birthdate of the Prophet upon him blessings and peace, AND treat it as a festival, perhaps obtaining IMMENSE REWARD for it because of his good intentions in honoring the Messenger of Allah."
(ma yuhdithuhu ba`du al-naasi immaa mudaahaatan lil-nasaara fi meelaadi `Isaa `alayhi as-Salam wa'imma mahabbatan lil- Nabiyyi SallAllahu `alayhi wa Sallam wata`zeeman lahu, wAllaahu qad yutheebuhum `ala haadhihi al-mahabbati wal- ijtihaadi laa `ala al-bida`i [...]. Fata`zeemu al-mawlidi wattikhaadhuhu mawsiman qad yaf`aluhu ba`du al-naasi wayakunu lahu feehi ajrun `azeemun lihusni qasdihi wata`zeemihi lirasulillaah).

And allah knows best.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Ah innovation! In that case yes it is but it is Biddah Husna this means that you can ''celebrate'' it but only in private:that is to say at home and only use the occasion to increase in dhikr and not make it a mean of consumism like the so-called ''Christ-mas''.
As for reference here it is, may you take benefit from it .

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book Iqtida' Al Sirat Al Mustaqeem (Cairo, al-Fiqqi 1950 edition, pages 294 and 297)
"What some people innovated, either to emulate the Christians who celebrate the birth of `Isa (as) or out of love for the Prophet and in order to exalt him:
Allah MAY reward them for such love and effort but not for the innovations [...]. So one MAY magnify the birthdate of the Prophet upon him blessings and peace, AND treat it as a festival, perhaps obtaining IMMENSE REWARD for it because of his good intentions in honoring the Messenger of Allah."
(ma yuhdithuhu ba`du al-naasi immaa mudaahaatan lil-nasaara fi meelaadi `Isaa `alayhi as-Salam wa'imma mahabbatan lil- Nabiyyi SallAllahu `alayhi wa Sallam wata`zeeman lahu, wAllaahu qad yutheebuhum `ala haadhihi al-mahabbati wal- ijtihaadi laa `ala al-bida`i [...]. Fata`zeemu al-mawlidi wattikhaadhuhu mawsiman qad yaf`aluhu ba`du al-naasi wayakunu lahu feehi ajrun `azeemun lihusni qasdihi wata`zeemihi lirasulillaah).

And allah knows best.
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Where did you get that from akh? This is new for me.

muhammad sabri

i agree! can you also answer this for me ! http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84324

salamJazakAllah khairan! :)[/QUOT
E]
salam
i answered the post in the link and now i answer you here Inch'Allah, so these are issues very well known among the scholars and the references are also but i have to look for the books percisely but rasulullah pbuh said that in case of doubt we should trust the scholars and if u watch the videos of(i don't remember which one xactly) you can hear him talking more than one time about a typical muslim comunity(that he wants to install) and how these biddat(he even talks about the mawlid) are biddat which are OK to do in PRIVATE so Inch'Allah as the quoted ibn taymiyya that is ok until your intention is pure and free from any shirk and ideologies that go against the islamic fatwa :) may Allah swt bless you and guide me and you to the straight path
:wasalam: