Helping others

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam everyone!

How is going? Good I hope? Alhamdullilah if you are :hijabi:

I wrote some time ago (not here) about how we should help others to attain His reward only.

Recently, I got a taste of it first hand. Typing it all out seems easy but when you are actually in that position, you will probably end up being infuriated like how I was.

As to what really happened, I shall not elaborate because that would be backbiting and I think I have sinned enough. All I would say is that the help that I rendered to another fellow being was not only unappreciated but was further treated like an enemy for no apparent reason. I admit that I did not handle it as well as I should have.

What I learnt from this whole incident is how we should always always always remember that whatever good deed that we are doing for another person is for His reward. Often, we expect a handsome reward or even a simple thank you (or the very least being treated properly) but let me just say that we should not expect anything in return. At the end of the day, when we die, we are bringing our deeds to the grave not the worldly rewards from others. Verily, Allah’s reward is the best.

So, my brothers and sisters, I wanted to share what I think about the whole incident and to remind everyone to keep on helping others even though you feel that you would be wasting your time by doing so.

“Those who spend their wealth for increase in self-purification, And have in their minds no favour from anyone for which a reward is expected in return, But only desire to seek for the countenance of their Lord Most High; And soon will they attain complete satisfaction” {Al Layl 92:18-21}

:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
MashaAllah. this is true sister. often we expect a reward to be given to us by the fellow being whom we help, although we need to remember that Allah's reward is greater. this is a great advice ukhti. JazakaAllahu khayran. asalamu alaykum wrwb.