Here to learn

falomar

Yes.....I'm a newbie. I don't belong to any religion but I like to think there's a God, only one. I hope you guys understand that I'm here to learn, and for me to learn, sometimes I have to ask many questions, even those questions that seems to create controversy...and yes, I have to read your answers as well and those information already posted in this site.

Also....I have many books:

1 Catholic bible
1 Protestant bible
1 Torah (Hebrew Jewish book with translations)
1 Qur'an (I recently acquired and I just began reading)

So with that in mind you can understand I'm a seeker still searching for the true, or something close to it...

salehya

Hello dear !
i hope that you will read and study a lot about islam . u r very welcome to ask any question about islam , and the quran .
let u know dear - that the first word has reveald to the prophet Muhammed ( god bless and peace be upon him ) is : read - in arabic is iqraa
so the religion of islam is based on the knowledge and we all must as amuslims to seek knowledge !

falomar

Oh! I can see love and understanding around here,....I appreciate that, I really do, thank you!

a)salehya....Yes, I..will read and study , thank you for your warming welcome.
b)ayman1, Thanks for your suggestion, That's a very good starting point for sure.
c)Proud2BeHumble, That's great, I already put the web site in my favorites....THANKS

By the way...Can I ask a very simple question?....I don't know if it is ok to ask this question here or if it belong to another forum, please let me know....

I know what is the Hijab for muslim women but what's the dressing according to Islamic values for men?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome. You will discover many devoted people who will willingly share their knowledge with you. There are members who go to painstaking research and detail to answer you.
You will find the voices of reason and compassion here. I am not an authority and will let one with expertise answer your question regarding male dress codes. Not to worry I rant and rave all over the site in areas I feel I need to address but you will come to appreciate me, as I feel the others do.

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum
Most welcome to this very informative forum. We hope that u find all the answers here on this forum and eventually find the truth and the true religion Islam.
But I would really suggest u that while ur searching for truth and compare everything make sure u always see and look upon ISLAM and not muslims because u might get wrong impression if u focus on muslims rather than Islam. Bernard Shaw said " Islam is the best religion but muslims are the worst followers".

I know what is the Hijab for muslim women but what's the dressing according to Islamic values for men?[/QUOTE]

Here is some info on that but muslim men are also to wear modest clothes and lower their gaze.
Hijaab for men

People usually only discuss ‘hijaab’ in the context of women. However, in the Glorious Qur’an, Allah (swt) first mentions ‘hijaab’ for men before ‘hijaab’ for the women. The Qur’an mentions in Surah Noor:

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."
[Al-Qur’an 24:30]

The moment a man looks at a woman and if any brazen or unashamed thought comes to his mind, he should lower his gaze.

falomar

Asalam o Alaikum
Most welcome to this very informative forum. We hope that u find all the answers here on this forum and eventually find the truth and the true religion Islam.
But I would really suggest u that while ur searching for truth and compare everything make sure u always see and look upon ISLAM and not muslims because u might get wrong impression if u focus on muslims rather than Islam. Bernard Shaw said " Islam is the best religion but muslims are the worst followers".

I know what is the Hijab for muslim women but what's the dressing according to Islamic values for men?

Here is some info on that but muslim men are also to wear modest clothes and lower their gaze.
Hijaab for men

People usually only discuss ‘hijaab’ in the context of women. However, in the Glorious Qur’an, Allah (swt) first mentions ‘hijaab’ for men before ‘hijaab’ for the women. The Qur’an mentions in Surah Noor:

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."
[Al-Qur’an 24:30]

The moment a man looks at a woman and if any brazen or unashamed thought comes to his mind, he should lower his gaze.

Very True indeed, before....I had a bad impression of islam because of "some" muslims, for me there were all terrorist...well....I'm sorry about that.....

But about the Hijaab for men....what's the purpose behind wearing the hat (Kofi?) it is the same as jews? "God above you"....and what about thobe?...it is a tradition or mandatory?

Aliyah206

peace be with you dear..
yes indeed..continue your researchs thats the only way you can get to the treasure..inshallah you'' get there soon..may ALLAH guide you to the truth...
Striving to attain knowledge is considered as a great act of piety in Islam. In Islam ignorance is highly condemned. We can say one is highly polluted when they are ignorant and one can purify oneself, both in this world and the hereafter, only through attaining knowledge.

Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created–
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful, -
He Who taught (the use of) the pen, -
Taught man that which he knew not. [96:1-5]

Noor to shine

Peace:
I think that through Islam you can find peace of mind and soul.......It is a call from God to surrender to his will .....WE are living on his earth under his heaven .....We need to know our creator and have faith in him ......This what Islam offer generously.:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

mohsofi_abdullah

MasyaAllah, may Allah open your heart to the truth...
Simply the truth, what you're doing here...
Searching for the first party proof of Islam and the truth....
I salute people like you, ever ready to initiate an effort to search for evidence, and claim witness of the truth...
AlhamdulIllah
Salam

falomar

Thank you all....I'm really very glad I found this web site,...Plenty of information around.....and very nice people....thanks again

falomar