Hi im new. Want to be a practising muslim.

muna

ابنة الاسلام
Asalamu 3alaikum WWW

Welcome Bro,MashaAllah..Br u should praise Allah for the Gr8 mercy that he guided u through Islam n made u realise the truth,Welcum once again 2 de house of Khair (TTI) n enjoy every bit of ur stay inshaAllah "May Allah bless u n increase u knowledge"

Wasalam AWW

lightofthedawn

Salaams brother

Hope you're well, Welcome to TTI! Hope you benefit from this site this site inshaAllah :) and May Allah grant you success in all your efforts to becoming a better muslim. Ameen!

Fi Amanillah

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Asalamu 3alaikum WWW

Welcome Bro,MashaAllah..Br u should praise Allah for the Gr8 mercy that he guided u through Islam n made u realise the truth,Welcum once again 2 de house of Khair (TTI) n enojy every bit of ur stay inshaAllah "May Allah bless u n increase u knowledge"

Wasalam AWW

lol :D spelling mistake^^

another_brother

Thanks for your replies brothers and sisters.

What i meant by bad name - i.e Genghis Khan the mongolian warrior apparently was a bad factor to islam.

I am not experienced on this topic - but from what religious people say, he is a bad man and stepped on the quran.

I do not want to carry a name like this. Although im use to it and theres nothing i can do.

Selam aleykum

jahanoun

Welcome brother
I think it is useful to have gradually and normally than to rush into a lot of new things and matters in hurry. Only be a little bit strict with the clear obligatory things (Salat= prayer, Siam=fasting..) and to stop the clear bad thing as Alcohol drinking and drugs.

Every one need a good environment to be able to keep improving himself. So you should find some muslim friends or islamic center to visit, but please don't love them too much from the begining or even hate. Love slowly and when u hate , also don't hate too much or hate quickly.

And about the name, I think it is not bad name, Any name may belong to both good and bad people in past but it doesn't mean that it is bad name.
Our prophet may the peace be upon him ask people to change their names only when it has bad meaning, not when it was a name for bad person someday. For an example you should cahnge your name if it carry bad meaning as if it means "thiefe, or non-believer, or hater ...etc.) and your name doesn't have bad meaning as I think. So your name is not bad.