Hijab Jihad

AishaR

:salam2:

Welcome to the site sister.

I am a revert & understand what you are saying. I have had some difficulties in wearing hijab, but now each one only makes me stronger in wearing it. I have been spat on, had shopping trolleys rammed in me, people making ticking noises, followed by an explosion noise.
It came to a point where I would take someone shopping with me so I wasnt alone.
What i do now is carry a few leaflets I picked up at the mosque & when confronted by these ppl, is thank them for showing an interest in my religion & give them a leaflet. The look on their face is a picture.

Not sure if that has helped you any sister.

:wasalam:

SafiyahAmaaniUK

Welcome to the site sister.

I have been spat on, had shopping trolleys rammed in me, people making ticking noises, followed by an explosion noise.
It came to a point where I would take someone shopping with me so I wasnt alone.

Sister your story is one that is truly inspiring, such show of patience and selflessness for Allah has made my worries seem utterly insignificant, may Allah reward your patirnce AishaR. Amin. Thank you sister, if you can wear it under such intimidation, then surely I can. May Allah forgive me for my once superficial thinking:astag: Worrying about my hijab because of how it looked to my MUSLIM friends...A truly blonde moment of mine.

Also, I would just like to share a small quote that inspires me and remembers the true beauty of a Muslimah...

"A Rose protects it's Beauty with it's thorns, a Muslimah protects her's with her hijab":hijabi:

SubhanAllah.

ShyHijabi

I converted last year about 3 weeks before Ramadan. It took me two weeks to decide whether or not I wanted to wear hijaab. The first time I put it on I was a nervous wreck....and I made the mistake of wearing a cloth that I am allergic to...wool.

Well as the week went by I got very mixed reviews....fellow Muslims complimented me and I became more shy. But then there were reactions from the non-Muslims. Some were just curious and stared while others confronted me about the terrorists. One man asked me "Why did you pick such a religion of burden?" I told him I found the religion that freed me from burden.

I was esecially nervous about returning home during break (I am in medical school) and what my friend's reactions would be. My best friend was completely fine with it...but my other best friend was awkward and aloof. Traveling on a plane scared me as I didn't know how people would react...but overall it was fairly uneventful. Mashallah, Allah has made it easy for me...much easier than I thought it would ever be.

~Sarah

AishaR

I really like that quote sister, it always makes me smile inside.

"A Rose protects it's Beauty with it's thorns, a Muslimah protects her's with her hijab"

I have tried going out without my hijab but feel half naked. I get that feeling you get when you have forgotten something.....!
What these people dont realise is, they are making me stronger & more determined to wear it.

Wear your hijab with pride sisters!!!

muslim-girl

Asc

Asc sister .

Yeah i was felling exactly like you i was so afaird to start to wore it. I was like ohh no i dont think i can keep it for ever and so on. ALhamdulilah i born muslim and my parents are both muslims i was'nt that religion before. but last year the summer i start to wear the hijab Alx i have study i lot of islam about the muslims women and so on, so i start to realize that the Hijab was really a order from Allah swt . Alhamdulilah And i wil not against Allahs word in the Quran. So i start to wore it Alhamdulilah. I feel so good today with wore it i did'nt though it will be so eazy to wear it but now alhamdulilah i feel more closed to Allah and the hijab its actually good because it hold u from All evil things. I always think like , ohh remember its a Ayaat from the quran u wore so i most give rescept to my self and behavie my self . But I just say Masha allah am so happy to hear that u wear the hijab to . Its nice to hear orther muslims sisters wear the hijab. May Allah guide the orther muslims girls who do not wear it. Amiiiiiin :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
because its a AYAAT from Allah SWT...

AllpraisetoAllah

I don't really have a inspiring story..but just wanted to share my experience with the hijab and niqaab.There was a time I didn't understand the beauty of the hijab and the wisdom behind it.After one year wearing the hijab I started wearing the niqaab.I use to live in another european country before moving to the Uk in the Uk it's quite normal the hijab and niqaab but in that country .. they think the hijab is too extreem even a lot of muslims.. the first questions they asked me was.. did ur parents force u. Or when did u get married. Or the funniest thing someone asked me was do u sleep with that thing on ur head .LoL
And after wearing the niqaab,ppl would stop on the streets just to stare at me. Some would say things like terrorist /taliban ..and It happend once that I man became a bit agrresive but he spit on my shoes and then walked away.
or some would yell Allahu-akbar and then laugh because they thought they said something bad ..not knowing it means Allah is great.And I would think In myself ..yeah that's true Allah is Great. And sometimes if I was waiting for the bus or in a shop.. I had ppl standing next to me and talking about me ..they would say things like pore thing her husband forced her to wear it .. and I was thinking since when did I get married lol.or this is so extreem we only see her eyes. They where thinking I didn't understand them.. I would let them talk and talk about me .. and then I would say .. if you've got any questions about my way of dress u can just ask.lol they would be shocked and their faces would turn red and they would walk away..

But alhamdulilaah Allah just tests us with the things we do to get closer to Him.And like sister AichaR said it just makes u stronger in ur faith. Because it reminds u of what the prophet s.a.w went through..then this is just nothing.And I just keep thinking for every step u take with your hijab with the right intention Insha'Allah Allah will reward u for it..May Allah accept our good deeds and make us stronger in our Imaan.

wasalaam ur sister In Islaam