How many prophets?

Karima80

:salam2: sisters and brothers,
I were wondering how many prophets are there before Muhammed (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).
:hijabi:

amjaddamen

brother
:salam2: sisters and brothers,
I were wondering how many prophets are there before Muhammed (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).
:hijabi:

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

this hadeeth is by ahmad :
abu thar asked the prophet :how many prophet are there ?
the prophet (pbuh) said : one hundred and twenty four thousand , of them there are three hundred and fifteen messangers

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

25 were mentioned in quran, and there are others no one knows about.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:

Prophets were raised and sent to the whole of mankind in different lands and at different times. One version of a hadith puts the number of prophets sent to mankind as 124,000 (Ibn Hanbal, Musnad, 5, 169); another puts the number at 224,000. Both of these versions, however, should be critically evaluated according to the science of Hadith. Besides, whether the number was 124 or 224 thousand is not important. What is essential is that no land, people or period was neglected; prophets were sent to all. The Qur’an says:
There never was a people without a Warner having lived among them’ (35:24)
We would never visit our wrath (chastise any community) until We had sent a Messenger to give warning’ (17:15)

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
what is the difference between prophet and messenger? I know that there were around 120, 000 prophets and they were send by god to GUIDE their nation

amjaddamen

brother
what is the difference between prophet and messenger? I know that there were around 120, 000 prophets and they were send by god to GUIDE their nation

:salam2:
فإن الفرق بين النبي والرسول هو العموم والخصوص، فالنبي أعم والرسول أخص.

قال أهل العلم: النبي كل من أوحي إليه من الله تعالى سواء أمر بتبليغ أم لم يؤمر به، فإن لم يؤمر بالتبليغ فهو نبي وليس رسولا، وإن أمر بالتبليغ فهو نبي ورسول
roughly speaking , messenger is given orders by allah to spread them
prophet : is given orders by allah but he was not required to spread these orders .
usually , messenger is sent with new message , while prophet is atrue follower of the messenger of his time.:astag:

Phoyage

the prophet (pbuh) said : one hundred and twenty four thousand , of them there are three hundred and fifteen messangers

I have also heard that hadith

yameenahmed

Ds is exactly correct i think so beause i heard this many times:salah::salah:

Almeftah

From the Holy Quran: 25 were mentioned in different verses.

From Hadith: The total of 124000 Prophet, 315 of them were messengers. (Sahih Al-Albani). Only 4 of them were Arabs: Hud, Saleh, Shuaib and Muhammed peace be upon them all. (Sahih Ibn Hibban)