How to debate with a christian

ohhockleng

Once I had this conversation with a christian friend, he was asking me and some few other muslim friends for a holiday, and then he says we'll all go together and we'll drink together, so one of us said we're not allowed to drink, islam forbids it, but he said come on it's for holiday throw islam away for a few days <--- LOL

So I told him ain't the bible says you fellow christian are not supposed to drink as well, so he said that's old testament man, we're using the new testament.

So what do I need to say to counter this kinda problem? But we didn't go for holiday together.

Zayna85908

My husband said he was approached by a jesus lover and the man said to him jesus loves you and he is son of God, so My husband said if jesus is son of God does Aadam have a mother?

Man: no
Does adam have a father
man: no

So why do you think jesus has a father then and you dont worship Adam?

I notice there are only very few people who care about God and all the others just do what they like this is chriatianity. So I would just say: What if you die in those few days God won't forgive you you will go to Hell!

Boomerang

Once I had this conversation with a christian friend, he was asking me and some few other muslim friends for a holiday, and then he says we'll all go together and we'll drink together, so one of us said we're not allowed to drink, islam forbids it, but he said come on it's for holiday throw islam away for a few days <--- LOL

So I told him ain't the bible says you fellow christian are not supposed to drink as well, so he said that's old testament man, we're using the new testament.

So what do I need to say to counter this kinda problem? But we didn't go for holiday together.

Salam, I guess the best thing you can do is read The Bible for yourself. Ready made responses, and the words of others, dont fuel the discussion, so the discussion doesnt have many options on which way it will go. ( in this case, you are left with nothing much to refute with.) You need the wood...the knowledge of what you are talking about. That is the best way to respond to such problems.

On alcohol, there are some Christians...namely the seventh day adventists....that believe in sobriety.... perhaps you could look into why they believe that....(i'm sorry I cant help, I'm on my way to bed, and am moving house during the day at the moment...when I am done I may get back to you with some more info.....)

May Allah guide you.

Peace

A Kashmiri

Sallam Alaikum,

If Christians are asked to follow only New Testiments then why should they have old testiments within the Bible. Doest it make sense ? They cant throw one part of Bible and take the another.

Jesus further said in Bible "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the [way of] the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. 18For, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.” - Matthew 5:17-18

Jesus here clearly highlights that he didnt came to change anything of the laws which Prophet Moses had come with, infact he came to implement those firmly as Allah had commanded him.

Jesus Christ was reported to have insisted on strict obedience to the commandments saying, “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” - Matthew 5:19[/B]

There both are in Red Letter Bible and no Black Letter can override them, so your friend is saying lies and putting it on Jesus...

Unfortunately Christians take some verses out of context and claim that Jesus allowed wine, swine etc to be eaten which clearly contradicts his words.

Infact it was Paul the so called disciple who changed all the laws and principles Jesus preached.

“Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging; and whosoever is
deceived thereby is not wise.” - [Proverbs 20:1]

“And be not drunk with wine.” [Ephesians 5:18]

Masallama

Salaam,

There is a concept called Blind Faith in Christianity.

Most Christians have never read the Bible and they are not allowed to question anything from it.

For Chrisitians salvation is only based on faith and not action! They believe they'll be saved if they ONLY have faith:

Christianity is a religion of salvation by grace alone:

For by grace through faith you have been saved, not of works
(Ephesians. 2:8-9).

The righteous will live by faith
(Romans, 1:17)

No one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law
(Romans, 3:20)

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
(Romans, 3:22-24)

Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith.
(Romans, 3:27-28)

We Muslims say NO! NO! Islam is based on action (good deeds & bad deeds) and faith.

To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward
(Quran,5:9)

By the time, verily man is in loss, except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and join (together) in the mutual enjoining of Truth, and of patience and constancy
(Quran, 103:1-3).

Conclusion: Blind faith can explain many of the deteriorations in the West. Blind faith is the reason for inclines in drinking, adultery, gambling, prostitution, premarital sex, illegitimate sex, etc. Islam teaches us that salvation is obtained through action. We Muslims must continue to do good deeds and abstain from bad/evil things and inshallah we will reach our final destination (paradise).

Salem9022

Like every Kaffir you call them to Tawheed to La illaha illal Lah (None has the right to be worshipped Except Allah) don't go into useless discussions with them on drining or smoking or if the bible is curropt or not or missing bibles, because these are useless discussions and always qoute the verses from the Qur'an don't go into the bible. Bring them to Allah and qoute for them who is Jesus really from the Qur'an and how they both used to eat and drink and sleep while Allah does not. Many of them already are confused with their own religion they are looking for something they don't know.

your discussion with the christians should always be Tawheed or the christian consept called Trinity, that should always be the discussion because that is the main difference we have with them on who is the creator