How to preach islam to Budhists?

jabbar6

:salam2:to all members, i need a help from you people, that as i am in Thailand for PhD,(I am from UAE)which mostly comprises, Budhists, we Alhamdolilah are doing dawa here and upto now we have got 2 success, as 2 person from Usbekistan and Mongolia have embraced Islam, but we have a problem in our university and outside here in Thailand, that its difficult to preach Islam to Budhists, i mean you can easily convience a christian or jew about the facts of Islam as we all believe in God, but Budhism is very far away from Islam, some of them even dont believe on God and Akhira, so can you people give some useful tips to preach Islam in Budhist country, the success upto now is because of the excelent characters of muslims, and may be i feel because of some bearded Islamic Pakistanis which are excellent in studies, which dominate in class becoming an ideal example for others here.
so what else do you suggest? how can i start Dawa to my Thai friends here.

A Kashmiri

Brother,

It is great to here that you have a good opportunity to do Dawah, and dont let it go.

Dont worry about few numbers of person your are or you are alone, because it is Allah who gives Hidayah to people to be muslim, you will only try. Take example of Kashmir, it took only few muslims to come from Hamdan before 700 Odd years ,to convert whole population in a short period of time. In history it is written that during that time in one day tons of Threads was burnt in each day as people reverted to Islam from Hinduism ( Kashmiris were the most pure race of Hindu Brahmins as per history).

For tips, i believe it is the character which is more important whcih will make people curious and interested in who you are , what your beliefs are.

I m attaching a word document for further reading ( Basic reading rather) on Buddhism and also prophecy of our Last and Final Messenger Mohammed pbuh in Buddhist scriptures.

May Allah show you the way....

Attachments

• BUDDHIST - Dawah.doc
    84 KB · Views: 44

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
As Salaam Alaykum Brother,

This is what I have heard/read from the scholars (and they have proof from Quran and Sunnah). InshaAllah! I will post it.

We should call people towards Tawheed first. Muslim as well as non-Muslims must be called upon Tawheed.

It was the Sunnah of every Prophet (PBUT) to call people to Tawheed of Allah. And it was also the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet SAWS to call people to Tawheed first and foremost.
Once they accept Tawheed, we can call them to other aspects of Islaam.

AllahuAa'lam...