how to read tahajjud.

habib001

I have read the various threads on tahajjud. I am still confused on how to begin. What to say before takbir. If there are any dua specific to tahajjud and how to end. If any one can help i would appreciate it. I follow the hanafi madhab. Jazak allah.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

may Allah help and reward you brother.

The Sunnah is to perform no more than eleven rak'ahs, because of the hadeeth narrated by 'Aa'ishah may Allaah be pleased with her, who said:

". . . He never used to pray more than eleven rak'ahs, in Ramadan or at any other time . . ." [Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 1874].

➲ There is no harm if one increases rak'ahs or decreases them. but constancy of doing something is better than doing much work without constancy.

➲ The best time to perform the night prayer is the last third of the night.

➲ The best way to perform the night prayer is to pray two by two (rak'ahs),

➲ Ways to help oneself pray Qiyaam al-Layl : http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/3749

masihuddin

The three rakas of VITAR is part of Tahajud Depending on the availability of time one can pray two rakas of Nawafil twice .thrice or four times before the VITAR prayer mking
total of 7or9 or 11 rakas That is how I pray

ayesha.ansari

performing tahajjud is a great way to lead to jinnah, and its best time is the third of the night,,,, you dont need to have any duaa,, you can make Duaas for you but no specifce, or fardh duaa for it,,, God bless you bro..

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam 'Aleika,

Yes, there are specific istifta7 du'a for tahhajud (after the takbir) such as:

Allaahuma rabba jibra'eel wa mika'eel wa israfeel, fatira samawaati wa-l ardh, 'alima-l ghaybi wa shahada, anta ta7kum bayna 'ibadika fima kanu fihi yakhtalifun, ihdini bima khtulifa fihi mina-l haqq, inaka tahdi man tasha'aa ila siraata-l mustaqiim.

Sorry I don't have the arabic with me right now, but I'll try to post it later inshAllaah.
Hope that helps.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Sarahg, the last third of the night is usually about 2/3 hours before the fajr salaah but it depens on some areas.

masihuddin

The time for offering Tahajjud is upto Azaan of Fajr .If one gets up an hour before Fajr one can offer this prayer conveniently

mhussain53

SALAM

I have read the various threads on tahajjud. I am still confused on how to begin. What to say before takbir. If there are any dua specific to tahajjud and how to end. If any one can help i would appreciate it. I follow the hanafi madhab. Jazak allah.

Q. HOW TO START TAHAJUTD PRAYER.
R. TO START TAHAJUD PRAYER NO SPECIAL ORDER ONLY TIME IS IMPORTANT FOR THIS PRAYER.TIME IS THE THIRD HALF OF THE NIGH YOU CAN CALCULATE THE NIGHT TIME DEVIDED IT INTO FOUR EQUAL PARTS STATRED FORM SUNSET TO SUN RISE
USULLY IN MY COUNTARY PAKISTAN AND ISLAMABAD THE SUN SET IS AT 7 PAST 25 NOW A DAYS AND THE TIME OF THE TAHAJUD PRAYER IS AFTER 2 PAST 30 AT MID NIGHT TILL 3:30 AM .WHERE TIME STARTS FOR FAJAR AZAN.

TAHAJUD PRAYER IS LIKE ORDENARY NOVAFIL PRAYER SO YOU CAN PERFORM IT LIKE ANY OTHER NOVAFILS .THE MAIN OBJECT OF THIS PRAYER IS TO RESITE THE HOLLY QURAN SLOWLLY AND THOUGHT FULLY AS SAID IN THE HOLLY QURAN 29 CHAPTER THE SURA AL-MUZAMMIL.(YA AYU HAL MUZAMMIL .QUMIL LIYLA ILLA QALELA.NISFAHO A VINQUS MIN HO QLELA.O ZID ALYE HE VA RATI LIL QURANA TRTEELA) TO THE END OF THE SURA.
ONLY YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE TO RESITE THE FIRST SURA IN THE FIRST RAKAT OF NOVAFAL BIGGER AND THE SMALL SURA IN THE SECOND RAKAT OF THE NOVAFEL

IT MAY HELP YOU TO PERFORM YOUR TAHAJJUD I HOPP
REMEMBER ME IN YOUR PRAYERS
MUZAMMIL HUSSAIN