How to???

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

I read somewhere from a authentic hadith that it is sunnah to fast three days in the month if you cant fast the fast of David. My question is do you fast the first Monday of that month then any other two Thursdays? because i have fasted Monday but was unable to fast the Thursday that followed hope someone can help correct me inshallah...:SMILY149:

And also i was wondering if anyone can tell where i can listen to the Dua for istikhara because i dont think i can pronounce it correctly and i need it urgently please help.... :girl3:

Oh found the hadith or similar here it is;

It was narrated from Abu Qutaadah al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about his fasting. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) got angry, then ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, “We are content with Allah as our Lord, with Islam as our religion, with Muhammad as our Prophet and with the oath of allegiance (bay’ah) that we have given.” Then he was asked about one who fasts for a lifetime and he said, “He did not fast and he did not break his fast.” [I.e., it becomes a routine for him such that he no longer feels the difference between fasting and not fasting] Then he was asked about fasting two days and not fasting for one day, and he said, “Who is able to do that?” Then he was asked about fasting one day and not fasting for two days, and he said, “Would that Allaah gave us strength for that.” And he was asked about fasting one day and not fasting one day (i.e., fasting alternate days) and he said, “That is the fasting of my brother Dawood (peace be upon him).” And he was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said, “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which my mission began (or on which Revelation came down to me).” And he said, “Fasting for three days each month and Ramadaan each year is the fast of a lifetime.” And he was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah, and he said, “It expiates for the past year and the coming year,” and he was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Ashoora’, and he said, “It expiates for the past year.” Narrated by Muslim, 1162.

There was also another hadith about a sahaba that fasted a lot and his wife complained and the prophet told him to fast three days a month and he said he could do more than that hope you know which one i am talking about thanks in advance....

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Darusasalaam

I am not a scholar but I am sure you can fast the next monday instead of thursday if you are unable, Allah doesn't want to burden you with what you can't handle. Type in Du'aa of Istikhaarah by Mishary Raashid al-'Afasy on youtube there is a good one with the tranliteration in arabic. I hope this helps

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Brother, I think the three days you can fast each month are the days of
13th, 14th and 15th of each Hijri month. Allah knows best.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
I am not a scholar but I am sure you can fast the next monday instead of thursday if you are unable, Allah doesn't want to burden you with what you can't handle. Type in Du'aa of Istikhaarah by Mishary Raashid al-'Afasy on youtube there is a good one with the tranliteration in arabic. I hope this helps

Jaza kallahu khair found the dua but iam confused when your ment to state your need what do you say it in arabic??? look below theres a gap i dont know arabic and dont know what to say here please help if you know how to preform this dua .....:girl3:

TRANSLATION: "O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it."

I NEED TO DO THIS PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Brother, I think the three days you can fast each month are the days of
13th, 14th and 15th of each Hijri month. Allah knows best.

No sister i mean the fast that you do every month 3 days the first Monday and two following Thursdays but thanks for your help..

if any one can i help i would very much appreciate it :hijabi:

daywalker

are you asking how we do or asking about the relation of monday and thursday evidence? actuelly its monday and thursday in a week.

Abu Hurairah reported that the most the Prophet, salla Allahu alaihi wa salam, would fast would be Monday and Thursday. He was asked about that and he said: "The deeds of people are presented to Allah on every Monday and Thursday. Allah forgives every Muslim except for those who are deserting each other. He says: "leave them for later." [Ahmad; Hasan]

and normally 3 days of a month refers to 13,14,15 th of the month.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

There was also another hadith about a sahaba that fasted a lot and his wife complained and the prophet told him to fast three days a month and he said he could do more than that until he fasted like the fast of David hope you know which one i am talking about i cant seem to find the source but is that the same as fasting the 13, 14, 15??? i am confused now sorry if i confuse you too :shymuslima1:

daywalker

i am talking about i cant seem to find the source but is that the same as fasting the 13, 14, 15??? i am confused now sorry if i confuse you too :shymuslima1:
Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1840):
The Prophet (peace be upon him) was informed that `Abd Allah b. `Amr b. al-`Âs had said: “I swear by Allah! I will fast and I will spend my nights in prayer as long as I live.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) questioned him about it and said: “You will not be able to do that. Fast at times and abstain from fasting at times. Pray at night and sleep. Fast for three days a month, for truly every good deed is rewarded tenfold, so three days a month is like fasting every day.”

`Abd Allah b. `Amr said: “I can do better than that.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Then fast for one day and refrain from fasting for two.”

`Abd Allah b. `Amr again said: “I can do better than that.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Fast one day and break your fast one day. This was the fast of David (peace be upon him), and it is the best of fasts.”

`Abd Allah b. `Amr then said: “I can do better than that.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied: “There is no fast better than that.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1840)]

Sanaa01

Muslima

As far as I understand from reading Ahadith when you want to fast Mondays and Thursdays it should be every Monday and Thursday of every week
If you want to fast three days in a month you can choose to fast them continuous or separated through out the month but it is preferable to fast ayam al beed the 13 14 15 of every month of the muslim lunar calendar

wasalam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jazakallahu khair brothers and sisters i think i just jumble everything up by mixing things together lool anyway i need urgent help with my ISIKHARA Please inform me what to do i read some things and get it all mixed up i just want to ask what do i add to the dua is it my specific need because i have said i don't know Arabic but i am trying to learn the dua because i need it before Friday URGENT PLS

daywalker

Jazakallahu khair brothers and sisters i think i just jumble everything up by mixing things together lool anyway i need urgent help with my ISIKHARA Please inform me what to do i read some things and get it all mixed up i just want to ask what do i add to the dua is it my specific need because i have said i don't know Arabic but i am trying to learn the dua because i need it before Friday URGENT PLS

:salam2: akhi for istikhara salah you gotta give some time to get a answer what to decide, if you are in hurry, then istikhara "may" not help. instead this you can pray normal nafal salah and ask Allah to help you.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2: akhi for istikhara salah you gotta give some time to get a answer what to decide, if you are in hurry, then istikhara "may" not help. instead this you can pray normal nafal salah and ask Allah to help you.

i see :girl3: its just i wanted to file a university form for a course and i didnt get a place last time iam just struggling to see if it is best for me or not but thats why i needed to pray istikhara but khair inshallah i will just pray and do dua best i can thanks for the advice jazakallahu khair bro thanks very much it much clearer now :hijabi: