How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

The_truth

Lessons Learned from the Story of Prophet Ayoub / Job (As)

Prophet Ayoub (Alaihi-salam – May be peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was one of Allah’s very sincere worshippers. We find in his story many lessons that we can reflect upon to assess our relationship with Allah. This story especially should make us question whether all our sincerity and worship for Allah is dependent on His blessings on us.

The following story was documented by Ibn Kathir.
Prophet Ayoub (A) was Allah’s thankful, repentant, patient and steadfast worshipper. Allah the Almighty has praised Him in the Quran thus:

"Truly! We found him patient. How excellent a slave! Verily, he was ever oft-returning in repentance to Us" (Saad 38:44).

Ibn Kathir narrates that once Iblis (satan) heard an angel praising Ayoub (A) to other angels, extolling his noble character, patience and remembrance of Allah and describing him as “the best creature on earth today, and an excellent model for the worshippers of Allah.” The angel also added that Allah had blessed him with long life and plenty of riches, yet he was never haughty or selfish. His family, servants, the needy and the poor, all had a share in his good fortune. He bought slaves to set them free and made those who received his charity feel as if they were doing him a favor.

Overhearing all this, Iblis became annoyed and planned to tempt Ayoub (A) and lead him to disbelief. First, he tried to distract him from his prayers by whispering to him about the good things in life, but as a true believer, Ayoub would not let evil thoughts tempt him. Iblis, then tried to attribute ulterior motives to his constant glorification of Allah, projecting his worship as being motivated from greed to safeguard his wealth. Iblis thus said to Allah, "If You deprive him of his wealth You will find that he will no longer mention Your name and his praying will stop."

Allah told Iblis that Ayoub (A) was one of His most sincere devotees whose worship stemmed from his heart and had nothing to do with material gifts or favors granted to him. To prove His devotee’s depth of sincerity and patience, Allah allowed Iblis to do whatever he wished with Ayoub (A)’s wealth.

Delighted, Iblis gathered his helpers and set about destroying Ayoub (A)’s cattle, servants and farms, depriving him of all his possessions. Then in the guise of a wise old man he approached him and said:

"All your wealth is lost. Some people say that it is because you gave too much charity and that you are wasting your time with your continuous prayers to Allah. Others say that Allah has brought this upon you in order to please your enemies. If Allah had the capacity to prevent harm, then He would have protected your wealth."

Steadfast in his faith, Ayoub (A) replied: "What Allah has taken away from me belongs to Him. I was only its trustee for a while. He gives to whom He wills and withholds from whom He wills,” and he prostrated before his Lord.

Frustrated with his failure, Iblis again addressed Allah:

"I have stripped Ayoub (A) of all his possessions, but he still remains grateful to You. However, he is only hiding his disappointment, for he places great store by his many children. The real test of a parent is through his children. You will then see how Ayoub (A) will reject You."

Allah again granted Iblis authority, but warned him that it would reduce neither Ayoub (A)’s faith in his Lord nor his patience.

Iblis gathered his helpers and brought the house in which Ayoub (A)’s children were living, crashing down, killing all of them. Disguised as a man who had come to sympathize with him, he said:

"The circumstances under which your children died were sad. Surely, your Lord is not rewarding you properly for all your prayers."
The faithful believer of Allah replied, disappointing Iblis once again:

"Allah sometimes gives and sometimes takes. He is sometimes pleased and sometimes displeased with our deeds. Whether a thing is beneficial or harmful to me, I will remain firm in my belief and remain thankful to my Creator."

Saying this he prostrated to his Lord. Extremely vexed, Iblis again called on Allah:

"O my Lord, Ayoub (A)’s wealth is gone and his children are dead, but he is still healthy in body, and as long as he enjoys good health he will continue to worship You in the hope of regaining his wealth and producing more children. Grant me authority over his body so that I may weaken it. He will surely stop worshipping You and will thus become disobedient."

Allah granted Iblis his third request but placed a condition:

"I give you authority over his body but not over his soul, intellect, or heart, for in these places reside the knowledge of Me and My religion."

Armed with this new authority, Iblis afflicted Ayoub (A)’s body with disease, reducing it to mere skin and bone. He suffered severe pain yet remained strong in faith, and patiently bore all the suffering without complaints. Hopeful of Allah’s Mercy, he neither despaired nor turned to others for help. Although he had lost all his children and was deprived of his wealth and physically afflicted, he still continued to glorify Allah the Almighty day and night. His disease lasted for a long time. His friends felt disgusted and his close relatives deserted him. The sole companion and comforter through many years of his suffering was his kind and loving wife.

Iblis became desperate. He consulted his helpers but they asked him:

"How is it that your cleverness cannot work against Ayoub (A), yet you succeeded in misleading Adam, the father of man, out of paradise?"

Iblis went to Ayoub (A)’s wife in the form of a man. "Where is your husband?" he asked her.

She pointed to an almost lifeless form crumpled on the bed and said: "There he is, suspended between life and death."

Iblis reminded her of the days when he had enjoyed good health, wealth and children. The painful memory of years of hardship overwhelmed her. She burst into tears and asked her husband:

"How long are you going to bear this torture from our Lord? Are we to remain without wealth, children or friends forever? Why don’t you call upon Allah to remove this suffering?"

Ayoub (A) sighed, and replied softly:

"Iblis must have whispered to you and made you dissatisfied. Tell me, how long did I enjoy good health and riches?"

She replied, "For eighty years."

Then he asked, "How long have I been suffering like this?"

She said, "Seven years."

Then he told her: "In that case I am ashamed to call on my Lord to remove the hardship, for I have not suffered longer than the years of good health and plenty that I enjoyed. Your faith seems to have weakened and you are dissatisfied with the fate decreed by Allah. If I ever regain health, I swear I will punish you with a hundred strokes! From this day, I shall not eat or drink anything from your hand. Leave me alone and let my Lord do with me as He pleases."
Crying bitterly, with no other choice, she left with a heavy heart. In his helpless state, Ayoub (A) turned to Allah, not to complain but to seek His mercy:

"And (remember) Ayyub (Job), when he cried to his Lord: ‘Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy.’ So We answered his call, and We removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his family to him (that he had lost) and the like thereof along with them as a mercy from Ourselves and a Reminder for all those who worship Us” (Al-Anbiya 21:83-84).
Almighty Allah further says in the Quran:

"And remember Our slave Ayyub (Job), when he invoked his Lord (saying): ‘Verily Shaitan (Satan) has touched me with distress (by ruining my health) and torment (by ruining my wealth)!’ (Allah said to him): "Strike the ground with your foot: This is (a spring of) water to wash in, and a cool and (refreshing) drink." And We gave him (back) his family, and along with them the like thereof, as a Mercy from Us, and a Reminder for those who understand (Sad 38:41-43).

Ayoub (A) obeyed Allah’s instructions, and almost immediately his good health was restored. Meanwhile, his faithful wife who could no longer bear to be parted from her husband returned to beg his forgiveness, and to serve him. On entering the house, she was amazed at the sudden change she saw. Ayoub (A) had regained his health! She embraced him and thanked Allah for His mercy.

Ayoub (A) was now worried about the oath he had taken to punish her with a hundred strokes if he regained health. He did not wish to hurt her but could not break a promise to Allah. Therefore, Allah in His wisdom and mercy, came to the assistance of His faithful servant, and instructed him:

"And take in your hand a bundle of thin grass and strike therewith (your wife), and break not your oath" (Sad 38:44).
Thus Allah the Most Merciful rewards His faithful and grateful servants.

Source: Ibn Kathir

This story should remind us that we should never make our worship and sincerity toward Allah contingent on our perceived blessings. Allah tests us in many ways and we should, therefore, be steadfast in His worship constantly.

Source: http://www.iqrasense.com/islamic-history/lessons-learned-from-the-story-of-prophet-ayoub-job-a.html

The_truth

The similtude of a believer when trials and calamities disturb him

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "The example of a
believer is that of a fresh green plant the leaves of which move in
whatever direction the wind forces them to move, and when the wind becomes
still, it stands straight. Such is the similitude of the believer: He is
disturbed by calamities (but like the fresh plant he regains his normal
state soon). And the example of a disbeliever is that of a pine tree (which
remains) hard and straight till Allah cuts it down when He wills."

Bukhari Vol. 9 : No. 558

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
:wasalam:
No sister, never say that!

:astag:
Go read the story of Prophets , how they were tested. Forget, watch the people around you...!!!!

Well I just want my rank to be higher in the hearafter but I agree I really don't want to be tested. I guess it's a double edge sword.

The_truth

May Allah enable us to deal more effectively with trials and hardships and be more patient for the pleasure of Allah and know that our reward is with him and he is with us as long as we are patient and steadfast. Ameen

The_truth

From patience comes victory!

When you are going through something very hard and you start wondering where Allah is, then just remember, the teacher is always quite during a test - Nouman Ali Khan

Therefore let us realise that Almighty Allah knows everything that what we are going through and the pain and anguish that we are feeling but he is quite for a while in order to see how we will react. Will we be patient and remain patient for his pleasure and get closer to him or will we become restless and impatient and go further away from him.

Know that Allah is with those who are patient though they may not know it. Therefore we must fully trust and rely on him and know that after much patience will certainly come victory for this is the promise of Allah and Allah ALWAYS keeps his promises!

sulaiman786

Aslaam alaikum

Your thread subhanallah is so beautiful, it has left me speechless, it is faultless.
Its perhaps one of the best things,the best advice i have read.
MAY ALLAH REWARD YOU IMMENSELY. AMEEN

The_truth

Never lose hope in Allah

by Abu Muhammad Yusuf

The journey of life can be like a roller coaster. We often experience extreme conditions which create despondency and hopelessness. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) is reported to have said: “Verily, if Allah loves a people, He makes them go through trials. Whoever is satisfied, for him is contentment, and whoever is angry upon him is wrath.” (Hadith-Tirmidhi)

We have to try hard to embrace the struggles of life and Trust in Allah. There’s no development without pain. Life’s difficulties are necessary for our own development, so when they come along, accept them, embrace them and never ever lose hope and always place complete Reliance and Trust in Allah. Problems are to the mind what exercise is to the muscles; they toughen and make you strong.

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. He nevertheless remained hopeful of Allah’s help and continued his praying every day.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The “worst” had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief. “Allah, how could this happen to me!” he cried. Early the next day, just before Fajr Salaah (early morning prayer) he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. “How did you know I was here?” the man asked the sailors on the ship. “We saw your smoke signal,” they replied.

Allah says “…Bear with patience whatever befalls you….” (Qur’an 31:17) and “Be not sad, surely Allah is with us.” (Qur’an 9:40)

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly. But we shouldn’t lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Allah Ta’ala says “Verily, with hardship there is relief” (Qur’an 94:6) and “And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him”. ( Qur’an 65:3)

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground–it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace and help of Allah!

Source: http://muslimvillage.com/2012/10/25...tent=Subscriber#22944&utm_campaign=newsletter 25th Oct 2012

The_truth

Why Me? The Quran answers!

by Abu Mohammed

WE ALWAYS ASK : WHY WAS I TESTED ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

“Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, “We believe”, and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.”Surah Al-Ankabut (29:2-3)

WE ALWAYS ASK : WHY I NEVER GET WHAT I WANT ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

“It is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.”
Surah Al-Baqarah (2:216)

WE ALWAYS ASK : WHY WAS I BURDENED THIS WAY ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns.”

Surah Al-Baqarah (2:286)

“So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief: (repeated) Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.”

Surah Al-Insyirah (94:5-6)

WE ASK : WHY AM I LOSING HOPE ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

“So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.”
Surah Al-Imran (3:139)

WE ALWAYS ASK : HOW CAN I FACE IT ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

“O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah. that ye may prosper.”
Surah Al-Imraan (3:200)

“Nay, seek (Allah’s) help with patient perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit.” Surah Al-Baqarah ayat (2:45)

WE ALWAYS ASK : WHAT DO I GET FROM ALL THESE ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

“Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise)…” Surah At-Taubah (9:111)

WE ALWAYS ASK : TO WHOM COULD I DEPEND ?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

“(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme.” Surah At-Taubah (9:129

WE ALWAYS ASK : I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE !

AL-QURAN ANSWERS :

“…and never give up hope of Allah’s Soothing Mercy; truly No one despairs of Allah’s Soothing Mercy, except Those who have no faith.” Surah Yusuf (9:87)

“Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives All sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”Surah A-Zumar (39:53)

Source: muftisays.com

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

This is a thread of great benefit, life is not easy especially if you are a muslim, these kinds of reminders are Alhamdullilah, of so much help.

Allah says “…Bear with patience whatever befalls you….” (Qur’an 31:17) and “Be not sad, surely Allah is with us.” (Qur’an 9:40)

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly. But we shouldn’t lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Allah Ta’ala says “Verily, with hardship there is relief” (Qur’an 94:6) and “And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him”. ( Qur’an 65:3)

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground–it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace and help of Allah!

Dhikreislam

this is a moving post.... learning that hardships are actually a way for God to bring us closer to Him is very tough to understand emotionally but over time i am gaining more and more belief in it.... may allah give courage and strength to us all to hold on to his rope with strong imaan

The_truth

Why does God allow bad things to happen?

Importance of the Question

Since you live in the 21st century, it is very probable that you have at least come across, if not been influenced by, what is known as “the problem of evil”. You might have heard it at school or work after someone was murdered: “How could God allow this to happen?!” You see it in articles and blog posts after the bombardment of an entire village: “What kind of God would allow these things to happen?!”

You will even find it in intellectual circles and philosophy books: “If there really were a perfectly good, all-knowing, all-powerful God, then there would be no evil and suffering in the world.”

This so-called problem is one of the most common arguments that skeptics use to deny the existence of God. They assume that they have found an Achilles heel in the religions that believe in God. The common picture we have in our minds is of the skeptic atheist calmly presenting a logical, intellectual, and scientific argument while the religiously-inclined defendant becomes emotionally charged and tries to beat around the bush. However, the strength of this argument does not, in any way, have to do with logic or rationale but rather is emotionally charged to the core and attempts to hijack any sensitive event it can find. Nor is it a new question. In fact, we find the angels asking something similar even before man was created: “When your Lord told the angels, ‘I am putting a deputy on earth,’ they said, ‘How can you put someone there who will cause damage and bloodshed, when we celebrate Your praise and proclaim Your holiness?’ but he said, ‘I know what you know not.’” Qur’an 2:30 In other words, God was asked, “Why would you allow this human, who will do bad things, to exist? Why not create someone who won’t do anything bad, like us?” The answer was, “I understand the wisdom in what I am doing, and you don’t.”

Exploding the Myth

That, in a nutshell, is the answer to the so-called problem. There is no logical contradiction between God being Infinitely Good, Infinitely Powerful, and allowing bad things to happen. The idea that the evil and suffering in the world present an unanswerable challenge to believers is finally being admitted by more open-minded researchers. Stump and Murray make the following confession in their book, Philosophy of Religion: The Big Questions: “The logical problem of evil has been severely criticized in recent years and is regarded in the contemporary literature on the subject as largely discredited. In brief, the problem with this argument is that it assumes something false. Specifically, it assumes that a good being would prevent every evil it can under any circumstances…Thus, at best, the logical problem of evil shows us that if God exists, the only evil that exists is evil for which there is some good reason.”

The rhetorical questions now change to inquisitive questions. Rather than blurting out, “How could God do that?! What kind of God does these things?!” the question now is “Why is the world this way and what wisdom lies in that?”

Life is a Test

The secret to understanding the issue is so simple that it often eludes us. Life is a test. Man has been given a limited free will to do good or bad. Look at the following statement of the Prophet: “The life of a believer is truly amazing. Everything that happens to him is good. This is only true for a believer and none else. If something pleasant happens to him, he is thankful and that is good for him. If something bad afflicts him, he is patient and that is also good for him.” (Muslim) Affliction is part of the test of life. If God were to interfere and prevent every bad thing from happening to each individual, it would be like taking the test away from a student. Saying that the bad that exists in the world is necessary does not mean that it is justified or praiseworthy. Believers are always commanded to enjoin the good and forbid the evil, which is another test in itself.

Wisdom is behind the scenes

Skeptics tend to focus on the negative aspects of things and claim that evil and suffering are ugly facts of life while believers try to see the bigger picture and find an explanation for the existence of such things. It is like someone who observes two people fighting and judges that both of them are in the wrong without thinking that one of them may be defending himself or standing up for justice. Evil is, to an extent, relative. A juicy hamburger may be a good thing for someone who’s hungry, but it’s definitely a bad thing for the cow that was slaughtered.

God said: “Fighting is ordained for you, though you dislike it. You may dislike something although it is good for you, or like something although it is bad for you: God knows and you do not.” Qur’an 2:216

Being able to see the big picture often affects how we perceive what is good and bad. Someone with little foresight may claim that the injection of a vaccine into a patient, which contains traces of disease, is a bad thing while the injection of heroin, which leads to euphoria, is a good thing. Not being able to understand that the vaccine will help develop immunity to that disease or that taking heroin will develop into a drug addiction is due to a lack of medical knowledge and experience. The following principle is demonstrated in the Qur’an with the meeting between Moses and a man who was given direct knowledge from God about the unseen. Moses wanted to follow him and learn from him, but the man warned him, “You will not be able to bear with me patiently. How could you be patient in matters beyond your knowledge?” But Moses convinced him to let him tag along. Here is the rest of

The story:

“They travelled on. Later, when they got into a boat, and the man made a hole in it, Moses said, ‘How could you make a hole in it? Do you want to drown its passengers? What a strange thing to do!’…Then, when they met a young boy and the man killed him, Moses said, ‘How could you kill an innocent person? He has not killed anyone! What a terrible thing to do!’…Then, when they came to a town and asked the inhabitants for food but were refused hospitality, they saw a wall there that was on the point of falling down and the man repaired it. Moses said, ‘But if you wished you could have taken payment for doing that.’ He said, ‘This is where you and I part company. I will tell you the meaning of the things you could not bear with patiently: the boat belonged to some needy people who made their living from the sea and I damaged it because I knew that coming after them was a king who was seizing every [serviceable] boat by force. The young boy had parents who were people of faith, and so, fearing he would trouble them through wickedness and disbelief, we wished that their Lord should give them another child-purer and more compassionate-in his place. The wall belonged to two young orphans in the town and there was buried treasure beneath it belonging to them. Their father had been a righteous man, so your Lord intended them to reach maturity and then dig up their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. I did not do [these things] of my own accord: these are the explanations for those things you could not bear with patience.’” (Qur’an, 18:71-82). It was the lack of knowledge and foresight that led Moses to object to what the man did. Likewise, we find ourselves, as limited humans, in similar situations. However, we do have enough insight to see some of the wisdoms behind the general occurrences of bad things.

What good reasons could there be for evil?

1. Suffering and affliction often help return us to the obedience of God. God said: “We sent messengers before you [Prophet] to many communities and afflicted their people with suffering and hardships, so that they might learn humility. If only they had learned humility when suffering came from Us! But no, their hearts became hard…” (Qur’an 6:42-43) There is a lesson in the conversion of the famous rock star, Cat Stevens, now known as Yusuf Islam. He related the story himself: “After a year of financial success and high living, I became very ill. I contracted T.B. (tuberculosis) and had to be hospitalized. It was then that I started to think; what is going to happen to me? Am I just a body? Is my goal in life merely to satisfy this body? I realized this calamity was a blessing given to me by God and a chance to open my eyes, to learn ‘Why I am here, why I am in bed.’ I started looking for some of the answers.”

2. It differentiates between the good and bad people.

God said:
“Do people think they will be left alone after saying, ‘We believe’ without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying.” (Qur’an 29:2-3) Upon analysis, we realize that the Prophets, who are the highest in rank in the sight of God, faced the most difficult tests of all people. Clearly, merit must be earned.
3. Affliction is necessary to experience its opposite feelings of joy and achievement.

God said: “With hardship comes ease. Indeed, with hardship comes ease.” (Qur’an, 94:5-6)

The appreciation of ease and comfort could only exist and be appreciated if the feelings of hardship also existed and were known or experienced. In Chinese Philosophy, the concept of yin and yang is employed to explain this phenomenon. Each part is necessary to understand the unity of the whole. They are in equilibrium: if one disappears, the other must disappear as well, leaving emptiness.

Conclusion

It should be patently clear that the inability to see the wisdom behind something should not be a cause of criticizing that thing. Of course, the final word on all of this is that God knows best.

Source: http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-stu...ings-to-happen-answered-by-imam-mustafa-umar/

The_truth

The Only Shelter in the Storm

It’s never easy to stand when the storm hits… As soon as it starts raining, lightning shortly follows. Dark clouds replace the sun and all you can see are the waves of an ocean, once calm, surrounding you. No longer able to find your way, you reach out for help.You begin by calling the coast guard. No reply. You try again to redirect the boat. No use. You look for the lifeboat. It’s gone. You reach for a life jacket. Torn. Finally after you’ve exhausted every means, you turn your face upward.And ask God.

A Unique Moment

But there’s something completely unique about this moment. At this instant, you experience something you otherwise could only theorize about: true tawheed. Oneness. See, on shore, you may have called on God. But you called on Him along with so many others. You may have depended on God. But you depended on Him along with so many other handholds. But for this singular moment, everything else is closed. Everything. There is nothing left to call on. Nothing left to depend on. But Him.And that’s the point.

Do you ever wonder why when you’re most in need, every door you seek of the creation remains closed? You knock on one, but it’s slammed shut. So you go to another. It’s also shut. You go from door to door, knocking, pounding on each one, but nothing opens. And even those doors you had once depended on, suddenly shut. Why? Why does that happen? See, we humans have certain qualities which God knows well. We are constantly in a state of need. We are weak. But, we are also hasty and impatient. When we are in trouble, we will be pushed to seek assistance. And that’s the design.

Why would we seek shelter if it’s sunny and the weather is nice? When does one seek refuge? It is when the storm hits. So Allah subahanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) sends the storm; He makes the need through a created situation, so that we will be driven to seek shelter.But when we do seek assistance, because of our impatience, we seek it in what is near and what seems easy. We seek it in what we can see and hear and touch. We look for shortcuts. We seek help in the creation, including our own selves. We look for help in what seems closest. And isn’t that exactly what dunya (worldly life) is? What seems near. The word ‘dunya’ itself means ‘that which is lower’. Dunya is what seems closest. But, this is only an illusion.There is something closer.

The True Refuge

Think for a moment about what’s nearest to us. If asked this question, many would say it is the heart and the self that are nearest. But, Allah (SWT) says:“It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his nafs (self) makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein,” (Surah Qaf, 50:16).In this verse, Allah (SWT) begins by showing us that He knows our struggles. There is comfort in knowing that someone sees our struggles. He knows what our own self calls us to.

But He is closer. He is closer than our own self and what it calls for. He is closer than our jugular vein. And why the jugular? What is striking about this part of us? The jugular vein is the most important vein that brings blood to the heart. If severed, we die almost immediately. It is literally our lifeline. But Allah (SWT) is closer. Allah (SWT) is closer than our own life, than our own Self, than our own nafs. And He is closer than the most important pathway to our heart.

In another verse, Allah (SWT) says: “O ye who believe! give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calleth you to that which will give you life; and know that Allah cometh in between a man and his heart, and that it is He to Whom ye shall (all) be gathered,” (Surah Al-Anfal, 8:24). Allah (SWT) knows we have a nafs. Allah knows we have a heart. Allah knows that these things drive us. But Allah tells us that He is closer to us than even these. So when we reach for other than Him, we are not only reaching for what is weaker, we are also reaching past what is closer, for what is further and more distant. Subhan Allah (Glory be to God).

So since this is our nature, as Allah (SWT) knows best, He protects and redirects us by keeping all other doors of refuge closed during the storm. He knows that behind each false door is a drop. And if we enter it, we will fall. In His mercy, He keeps those false doors closed.In His mercy, He sent the storm itself to make us seek Him. And then knowing that we’re likely to get the wrong answer, He gives us a multiple choice exam with only one option to choose from: the correct answer. The hardship itself is ease. By taking away all other handholds, all other multiple choice options, He has made the test simple.It’s never easy to stand when the storm hits. And that’s exactly the point. By sending the wind, He brings us to our knees: the perfect position to pray.

Source: http://muslimvillage.com/2012/11/03...er#22944&utm_campaign=newsletter 5th Nov 2012

Hajjerr

Salam aleikum

When a muslim is in trouble, he can say alhamdulillah and look at the challenge as gift from Allah, he knows his problems will be solved if he acts guided by islam.

But what if the source of a muslim`s suffering is the problem of the ones he loves ?
What can a muslim do if his family or beloved ones are in trouble and they are not muslims, i dont know where this stands and what our attitude can be..

Should he think that Allah sends trials to them too so something good may come out ? Can we pray for them ?
The trials that Allah sends to non-muslim have the same purpose as trials to non-muslims ?

salam aleikum

The_truth

Salam aleikum

When a muslim is in trouble, he can say alhamdulillah and look at the challenge as gift from Allah, he knows his problems will be solved if he acts guided by islam.

But what if the source of a muslim`s suffering is the problem of the ones he loves ?
What can a muslim do if his family or beloved ones are in trouble and they are not muslims, i dont know where this stands and what our attitude can be..

Should he think that Allah sends trials to them too so something good may come out ? Can we pray for them ?
The trials that Allah sends to non-muslim have the same purpose as trials to non-muslims ?

salam aleikum

Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

No one is immune from going through trials, tests, adversities and hardships. Going through ups and downs is a part and parcel of life. But some get tested more than others. Non Muslims will also get rewarded for their patience and good behavior from trials and hardships but unlike Muslims who gain reward in this world and the next, the reward Non Muslims receive is only limited to this world.

Allah knows best in all matters

The_truth

Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Does that mean, that whatever i am a good or a bad person, whatever i strive my best in my life to please Allah or not, my destination has already been chosen?

How about a person who has been wronged, would it be better for him/her to remain quiet about the wrongdoing that has been done to him/her and seek reward from Allah or to complain about it to people who can help him/her and put the wrongdoer in justice for his/her evil actions?

Jazakumullahu khayran.

Asalaamu Alaikum, our destinies had already been written before even the creation of our souls. But that is because Allah knew how we would live our lives and what decisions we would make. But just because he had knowledge of our destinies we still have to live our lives. Our actions and the path we take in life is entirely our own decision. Allah has created us beings with free will. Therefore only we will be accountable for the choices we have made throughout our lives on this Earth.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hajjerr

Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

No one is immune from going through trials, tests, adversities and hardships. Going through ups and downs is a part and parcel of life. But some get tested more than others. Non Muslims will also get rewarded for their patience and good behavior from trials and hardships but unlike Muslims who gain reward in this world and the next, the reward Non Muslims receive is only limited to this world.

Allah knows best in all matters

Salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Thank you for the answer, Alhamdulillah.
And Allah knows best.

The_truth

The Love of Allah - Reflect it will make you weep:

Ibn Qayyum (Ra) said:

"Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how he handles his affairs for him and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of his slave than his own self his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah.

Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve, for it maybe that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of Dua.

So pour our your desires in prostration and forget about it (Your problems, trials) and know that verily Allah does not forget."