How we should interact with Non-Muslims??

Non Muslims don't deserve our kinds behavior and we should not befriend them?

• Total voters

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

For those of us who are not living in Muslim-dominant countries (not saying Islamic countries because there ain't one) we can't isolate ourselves from non-Muslims. They are in our neighborhoods, schools, colleges, universities, work place, markets, and so on. We interact with them on daily basis. However this interaction needs to be defined.

How should we treat them? Should we simply hate them just because they are non-Muslims or they deserve the best possible treatment from us?

The following verse (see below) is often quoted, however is this translation even correct? If not what does this ayah really means?

[O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma’dah 5: 51)

How Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to treat non-Muslims? Did he ever had any non-Muslims neighbors?

In your responses please include any personal incident (if you are revert please indicate how you were treated before and after accepting Islam) or any story of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) which indicates the points highlighted above? Please also include how and where you interact with non-Muslims? Are they part of your family? Do you interact with them in academic centers, work place etc?

Jazakumullah khairun .....

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaykum,

This will be short as I am rushing to bed,

I have non-Muslim friends whom I have known since high school. I am particularly good friends (actually close friends with a girl). I treat her just as I would treat my Muslim friends, she respects my deen and commitment to God, I respect how she chooses to live her life. In fact, the only reason why we're so close is our attitude toward different cultures and beliefs. She has done Iftar at my house during Ramadan, knows my parents and siblings and is very accepting of us---I know a lot about her and her family (even though I have not had the opportunity to meet them). When it comes to school, I act the same way...with politeness and respect. If they ask questions about my Hijab (which they always do), I tell them about it and the discussion ultimately leads to Islam and religion in general. There is no hate in my world neither should there be hate in any Muslim's world! We're a people of love and tolerance---we're told to reply with "peace" when the ignorant addresses us with words of harshness! Islam is beautiful and our character should show the beauty of it!

Insha'Allah will post more tomorrow,

Good night/morning/afternoon erryone :)
Salaam!

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Brother befriending is other thing and being kind is another.Islam is a deen of mercy and Qur'an tells us that kind words and speech of forgiveness are better than charity followed by injury.

And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], "Do not worship except Allah ; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah." Then you turned away, except a few of you, and you were refusing.[2:83](interpretation of meaning).

So kindness,humbleness and tolerance is a trait of a muslim,however befriending non muslim is a totally different issue.That would include,spending your time with them,hanging out and chilling with them.

So I looked for a scholarly opinion and found this:

Can a Muslim be a sincere friend to a kaafir?

I have questions about Islam; can you explain them to me? Is it permissible for a Muslim to be a sincere friend to a person who is not Muslim?.

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim to make friends with a mushrik or to take him as a close friend, because Islam calls on us to forsake the kaafirs and to disavow them, because they worship someone other than Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not as friends the people who incurred the Wrath of Allaah (i.e. the Jews). Surely, they have despaired of (receiving any good in) the Hereafter, just as the disbelievers have despaired of those (buried) in graves (that they will not be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection)”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:13]

This was also the teaching of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

1 – It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, “Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2395; Abu Dawood, 4832. Abu ‘Eesa al-Tirmidhi said: this hadeeth is hasan. It was also classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2519).

Abu ‘Eesa al-Khattaabi said: Rather he warned against keeping company with anyone who is not pious and against mixing with them or eating with them, because eating with a person instills friendship and love in the heart.

He said: do not make friends with anyone who is not pious; do not take him as a companion with whom you eat and chat.

(Ma’aalim al-Sunan, Haamish Mukhtasar Sunan Abi Dawood, 7/185, 186).

2 – It was narrated from Samurah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not live among the mushrikeen and do not mix with them, for whoever lives among them or mixes with them is not one of us.” (Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 9/142; al-Haakim, 2/154. He said, it is saheeh according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari. The hadeeth was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 2/229 with its corroborating reports).

But it is permissible to deal with them in a kind manner in the hope that they might become Muslim.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: There was a Jewish boy who used to serve the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he fell sick. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to visit him. He sat by his head and said, “Become Muslim.” (The boy) looked at his father who was with him, and he (the father) said, “Obey Abu’l-Qaasim (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” So he became Muslim, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out, saying, “Praise be to Allaah Who has saved him from the Fire” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1290).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21530/friend

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Two different issues.

We are told to be kind. We are told to be compassionate.

However, we are told to spend even an hour in the company of believers.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Assalam alaikum, sure if you want. That's a good way to give dawah, here's a good video about giving dawah to non Muslims and atheists and whoever. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2s14T6x5AM&list=LLVMkkYeqquzb9p6Ro8JsAmg&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Ershad

Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen on Interacting With Non-Muslims in Western Countries

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Like Brother kashif_nazeer said there is a difference between being kind and befriending, so I couldn't find a good option in the poll (hence opted for the third). However, speaking my opinion I will consider it dangerous. I have a small piece of advice from Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen and an comprehensive article by his student Shaykh Fawzee al-Atharee (attached). It is very useful for people, especially those of us living in non-muslim lands, to have knowledge of this, especially when there are some people calling for Fitnah.

Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen on Interacting With Non-Muslims in Western Countries
Author: Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen
Source: Tele-link (28th July 2000, Birmingham UK)​

The Shaikh stated, during a tele-link, on the 28th July 2000:

...Likewise I invite you to have respect for those people who have the right that they should be respected, from those between you and whom there is and agreement (of protection) [i.e. Non-Muslims]. For the land which you are living is such that there is an agreement between you and them. If this were not the case they would have killed you or expelled you. So preserve this agreement, and do not prove treacherous to it, since treachery is a sign of the hypocrites, and it is not from the way of the Believers.

And know that it is authentically reported from the Prophet that he said : "Whoever kills one who is under and agreement of protection will not smell the fragrance of Paradise."

Do not be fooled by those sayings of the foolish people : those who say : 'Those people are Non-Muslims, so their wealth is lawful for us [i.e. to misappropriate or take by way of murder and killing].' For by Allaah - this is a lie. A lie about Allaah's Religion, and a lie in Islamic societies.

So we may not say that it is lawful to be treacherous towards people whom we have an agreement with.

O my brothers. O youth. O Muslims. Be truthful in your buying and selling, and renting, and leasing, and in all mutual transactions. Because truthfulness is from the characteristics of the Believers, and Allaah - the Most High - has commanded truthfulness - in the saying of Allaah - the Most High -

"O you who believe - fear and keep you duty to Allaah and be with the truthful"

And the Prophet encouraged truthfulness and said : "Adhere to truthfulness, because truthfulness leads to goodness, and goodness leads to Paradise; and a person will continue to be truthful, and strive to be truthful until he will be written down with Allaah as a truthful person".

And he warned against falsehood, and said : "Beware of falsehood, because falsehood leads to wickedness, and wickedness leads to the Fire. And a person will continue lying, and striving to lie until he is written down with Allaah as a great liar."

O my brother Muslims. O youth. Be true in your sayings with your brothers, and with those Non-Muslims whom you live along with - so that you will be inviters to the Religion of Islaam, by your actions and in reality. So how many people there are who first entered into Islaam because of the behaviour and manners of the Muslims, and their truthfulness, and their being true in their dealings.

Source:
http://goo.gl/qEFYj

Also read the attached article, it is very comprehensive on this topic.

Attachments

• Treatment of Non-Muslims in Their Lands.pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 28

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Bismillah.

Continuing on this topic, I want to say something about the other side too i.e. Regarding befriending them. This point is also mentioned in the article I have attached in previous post. Some muslims, befriend non-muslims and have love for them and treat them as you would treat muslims. That is incorrect.

Let me point out why: This is a part of Al walaa wal Baraa. It is in the article. Our love for people is with regards to their relationship with Allah. Even among muslims that is the case, the more practice and pious muslim, greater is our love for him since Allah loves him and asks his creations to love him too.

Would you love a person who commits adultery or oppresses or commits rape or does any of the major sins? No. You wouldn't. Because, those sins transgresses the rights of people, it harms people, So you do not love someone who harms or is against people. But, why do you love a non-muslim or mushrik who commits Shirk everyday? Isn't that a sin much more abhored. Even major sins is forgiven by Allah but not Shirk. Because by Shirk, people remove the right of Allah only to be worshipped. Please don't say since they respect our faith, we respect them too. Are your respecting them for their Shirk? Also we need to read this article (an incident in the life Shaykh-ul-Islam Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab(rahimahullah)) : Have we really understood Tawheed?

Also, The Prophet :)saw2:) said, “A man takes the religion of his companion.” So, the company of a person influences your religion. So, it is better we do not take the company of a person whose company will not benefit your religion or whose speech doesn't direct you towards the cause of Allah.

Allah, the exalted says in Surah Taubah, Ayah 119 : "O you who have believed, fear Allah and be with those who are true."

So, it is better that we, for the sake of religion, stay away from mushriks and kuffar. Rather, we should be with people who could help increase our knowledge with respect to deen. In fact, if we don't have any muslims around us, it is better to be alone rather than endangering our religion.

P.S.
: I do not say to oppress them or treat them bad. Like in my previous post, I say be kind to them. But, there is limit in that and conditions with respect to that. Also, we do not ask Allah to destroy them, rather we ask Him to Guide them.

You will understand my point better with proofs if you read the article (attachment) in previous post.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

This will be short as I am rushing to bed,

I have non-Muslim friends whom I have known since high school. I am particularly good friends (actually close friends with a girl). I treat her just as I would treat my Muslim friends, she respects my deen and commitment to God, I respect how she chooses to live her life. In fact, the only reason why we're so close is our attitude toward different cultures and beliefs. She has done Iftar at my house during Ramadan, knows my parents and siblings and is very accepting of us---I know a lot about her and her family (even though I have not had the opportunity to meet them). When it comes to school, I act the same way...with politeness and respect. If they ask questions about my Hijab (which they always do), I tell them about it and the discussion ultimately leads to Islam and religion in general. There is no hate in my world neither should there be hate in any Muslim's world! We're a people of love and tolerance---we're told to reply with "peace" when the ignorant addresses us with words of harshness! Islam is beautiful and our character should show the beauty of it!

Insha'Allah will post more tomorrow,

Good night/morning/afternoon erryone :)
Salaam!

Your words are from extremism.

Ofcourse there is hatred, hatred for Allaah's sake, we are commanded to hate what He hates and love what He loves.

We hate their lifestyle it lacks morals, their economic system wich has no ethical grounding; exploits the poverty stricken to serve the wealthy, we hate their degredation of women and their onslaught on everything that keeps society stable, such as family and community ties, we hate the fact that they destory the fitrah in their own children and try to do the same to Muslim children, we hate the fact that they are taught that there is no God. so worship your lowly self.

There is nothing to respect about the lifestyle and values of kufr, this is very clear, it is all oppression, on themselves and others. Yet there is no reason to hate them as inidividuals but you must certainly dislike their actions and beliefs.

Regardless of an individual's religion, colour or background they have the status of a human being first and foremost, thus, the rights that go with that.

There is no contradiction between al-walaa wal baraa and the requirement to treat non-Muslims with courtesy. They should be treated justly and spoken to with dignity; Muslims are people of dignity because belief in Tawheed dignified us so this is what we emanate, inshaAllaah.

Wa-salam

Ayanle

if you don't befriend them how would you call them to islam?
i wouldn't put my utmost trust in them though

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam Brothers & Sisters...
Ok, so here is my question....
If we are commanded to hate the kaafirum for the sake of Allah then why and how is it possible for men to marry kaafir women? would you not be REQUIRED to love her if you married her??
Maybe I am very ignorant but it doesnt make sense to me.... an explanation would help...
And there are kaafir who have good character. They can be religious, humble, kind hearted, generous... I wouldnt go around hating them all - I might just not associate or involve myself but to say that I hate you because you are kaafir, it doesnt sit well inside me.
We hate their lifestyle it lacks morals, their economic system wich has no ethical grounding; exploits the poverty stricken to serve the wealthy, we hate their degredation of women and their onslaught on everything that keeps society stable, such as family and community ties, we hate the fact that they destory the fitrah in their own children and try to do the same to Muslim children, we hate the fact that they are taught that there is no God. so worship your lowly self.
Sister, NOT every kaafir fits this description... I think you are being a bit extreme - forgive me for my opinion...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is simple.

You love that which Allah loves and hate that which Allah hates.

You can not be intimate with a non-Muslim. You can not talk to them for long. You get antsy.

Sister Al-Fajr is not being extremist. We have to hate what they do. They have not accepted Allah.

We do not fill our hearts with hate. We turn our hearts towards Allah. We keep a respectful distance.

In the Quran is it not stated that many kufr make fun of us when we leave their company.

It is not Muslims but the kufr who are the rejectors of faith.

As for dawha well we are always wishing to increase the family of Islam.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
If we are commanded to hate the kaafirum for the sake of Allah then why and how is it possible for men to marry kaafir women? would you not be REQUIRED to love her if you married her??
Maybe I am very ignorant but it doesnt make sense to me.... an explanation would help...
And there are kaafir who have good character. They can be religious, humble, kind hearted, generous... I wouldnt go around hating them all - I might just not associate or involve myself but to say that I hate you because you are kaafir, it doesnt sit well inside me.

Sister, NOT every kaafir fits this description... I think you are being a bit extreme - forgive me for my opinion...

Sister,As far as I know we are allowed to marry only those women that are ahlul kitaab (people of the scripture) and are believing and chaste women not a kaafira.
“Made lawful to you this day are At‑Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends”

[al-Maa'idah 5:4-5]

Imam al-Tabari said in his commentary on this verse:

“chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture” means, free woman among those whom have been given the Scripture, namely the Jews and Christians who believe in what is in the Tawraat (Torah) and Injeel (Gospel) from among the people who came before you, O believers in Muhammad, whether from among the Arabs or other people; you are permitted to marry them “when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage)” which means, if you give to those whom you marry of your (Muslims’) chaste women and their (Jews’ and Christians’) chaste women their mahrs or dowries.”

(Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 6/104)

But it is not permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Magian (Zoroastrian) woman or a communist woman or an idol-worshipping woman, etc.

The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And do not marry Al-Mushrikaat (idolatresses) till they believe (worship Allaah Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress), even though she pleases you”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

A mushrikah is an idol-worshipping woman who worships stones, whether from among the Arabs or others.

There is hating ideologies and opposing them.

Ok I found another opinion hope it helps inshaAllah:

Principles and guidelines for Muslims’ relations with non-Muslims

We want to know in detail how Muslims regard non-Muslims, and how they should deal with them according to Islamic sharee’ah?

Praise be to Allaah.
1- Islam is the religion of mercy and justice.

2- Muslims are commanded to call non-Muslims to Islam with wisdom and beautiful preaching and by debating in a manner that is better. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islamic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:46]

3- Allaah does not accept any religion other than Islam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

4- The Muslims should give the kaafirs the opportunity to hear the words of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if anyone of the Mushrikoon (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah) seeks your protection then grant him protection so that he may hear the Word of Allaah (the Qur’aan) and then escort him to where he can be secure”

[al-Tawbah 9:6]

5- The Muslims should differentiate between different kinds of kaafirs in their dealings with them. They should make peace with those who make peace, and wage war against those who wage war, and wage jihad against those who stand in the way of spreading the message of Islam and causing it to prevail of earth.

6- With regard to matters of love and hate in the heart, the Muslims’ attitude towards non-Muslims is based on the latter’s attitude towards Allaah. If they worship Allaah and do not associate anything in worship with Him, then they love them. If they associate others in worship with Him, or disbelieve in Him, or worship others alongside Him, or are hostile towards His religion and hate the truth, then it is obligatory to hate them in our hearts.

7- Hating them in our hearts does not mean that we should oppress or mistreat them under any circumstances, because Allaah said to His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), describing what his attitude should be towards the People of the Book:

“and I am commanded to do justice among you. Allaah is our Lord and your Lord. For us our deeds and for you your deeds”

[al-Shoora 42:15 – interpretation of the meaning]

even though he is a Muslim and they are following Judaism or Christianity.

8- The Muslims believe that it is not permissible, under any circumstances whatsoever, for a Muslim to mistreat a non-Muslim who is not hostile towards Islam; so the Muslim should not commit aggression against him, or frighten him, or terrorize him, or steal his wealth, or embezzle him, or deprive him of his rights, or deny him his trust, or deny him his wages, or withhold from him the price of his goods when buying from him or withhold the profits of a partnership if he is in a business partnership with him.

9- The Muslims believe that it is obligatory upon the Muslims to honour treaties or agreements made with a non-Muslim party. If a Muslim has agreed to their conditions when seeking permission to enter their country (i.e., a visa) and has promised to adhere to that, then it is not permissible for him to commit mischief in their land, to betray anyone, to steal, to kill or to do any destructive action, and so on.

10-The Muslims believe that in the case of non-Muslims who wage war against them and drive them out of their homes, or help others to do so, it is permissible for Muslims to shed the blood of these non-Muslims and confiscate their wealth.

11-The Muslims believe that it is permissible for a Muslim to treat kindly those non-Muslims who are not hostile, whether by offering financial help, feeding the hungry, giving them loans if needed or interceding with regard to permissible matters, or speaking kindly to them or returning their greetings, and so on. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:8]

12-There is no reason why Muslims should not cooperate with non-Muslims with regard to establishing truth and combating falsehood, to support the oppressed and ward off danger from mankind, such as cooperating to fight pollution or to protect the environment, or to combat epidemic diseases and so on.

13-The Muslims believe that there are differences between Muslims and non-Muslims in specific rulings such as diyah (blood money), inheritance, marriage, guardianship in marriage, entering Makkah etc., as is explained in the books of Islamic fiqh (jurisprudence). This is based on the commands of Allaah and His Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). We cannot regard as equal one who believes in Allaah alone with no partner or associate and one who disbelieves in Allaah or one who disbelieves in Allaah and joins others in worship with Him, or who turns away from the true religion.

14-Muslims are commanded to call people to Allaah in all the Muslim countries and other lands. They must convey the true religion of Allaah to the world and build mosques in all parts of the world, and send daa’iyahs (callers) to non-Muslim countries and invite their leaders to enter the religion of Allaah.

15-The Muslims believe that other people who are following other religions are not following any true religion, so the Muslims do not allow others to send missionaries to build churches in Muslim countries. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is then he who is a believer like him who is a Faasiq (disbeliever and disobedient to Allaah)? Not equal are they”

[al-Sajdah 32:18]

Whoever thinks that Islam is equal to other religions is making a serious mistake. But the Muslim scholars have opened the door to debate with non-Muslims and allow the opportunity to discuss with and listen to non-Muslims and explain the truth to them.

Finally, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allaah (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allaah.’ Then, if they turn away, say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims’”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:64]

“And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

We live in times when brothers are too afraid to even follow the sunna of marrying more than one wife. They allow the first wife to speak for them. They have little understanding of why Allah subhana wa taala has made it lawful.

We need to know our faith and marry those who will make it stronger.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Thanks for the post Brother Kashif...
But Christians believe Isa AS to be the son of God Astagfirullah. This is Shirk. Why would men be allowed to marry a mushrik? Ok, i undertand this has probably been discussed at length and is not on topic - but my point was how do you marry a mushrik and not love her?
Sister Aapa, you highlighted it well for me -
We do not fill our hearts with hate. We turn our hearts towards Allah.

But i still disagree wit sister al-fajr. With that kind of attitude, how do you expect to bring non-muslims to Islam... She specifically used the word "HATE" several times... and i am trying to say that not all kafir are the ones doing the killing and raping and slandering... Not every kafir is filled with evil. i am in no way supporting them or taking their side - I would just rather keep away and not involve myself unless I was bringing them to Islam, in which case I would never approach a non-muslim with my heart filled with hate cursing his ancestors... that wont bring him closer to Allah.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
6- With regard to matters of love and hate in the heart, the Muslims’ attitude towards non-Muslims is based on the latter’s attitude towards Allaah. If they worship Allaah and do not associate anything in worship with Him, then they love them. If they associate others in worship with Him, or disbelieve in Him, or worship others alongside Him, or are hostile towards His religion and hate the truth, then it is obligatory to hate them in our hearts.

Re: Brother Kashifs post....

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

first i would like to say there was another thread similar where almost same things where discussed, for who wants to see inchallah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82651

we can be nice with non-muslim, but we cant love them, this would mean love what they represent and love what they think, they associate partners to Allah, or dont pray or dont have the interest to discover islam, they have misconceptions regarding our loved islam and no matter how one explains, the hearts are blind and deaf, not the eyes or ears. Dont want to hear that muslim womans cover and dress modest to protect them self and because Allah said so, they insist that muslim woman is persecuted and forced, they dont want to see many things, keep on celebrating haram holydays....we all know these things.....
I cant spend much time with them even if is famelly....what is with Allah is better.

may Allah help us :tti_sister:

MuslimShadow

Let not the Believers take the Unbelievers as friends - rather than the Believers. And whoever does that, then there is nothing from Allâh in any matter; unless that you only protect yourselves from them a protection. Thus Allâh cautions you of Himself; for towards Allâh is the eventual coming.(3:28)

From my understanding this verse was more or less revealed to increase the unity and brotherhood among the muslims at that time of conflict.

let's see some more verses from the quran

60:7. It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

60:8. Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

60:9. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

We know that nonmuslims have rights too. they can be our neighbor, classmate,fellow traveler business partner etc. We can't ignore them and be rude to them.

3:199 And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book, those who believe in Allah, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to Allah: They will not sell the Signs of Allah for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and Allah is swift in account.

Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say: "We are Christians:" because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world and they are not arrogant. (5 :82)

Now i would like to share this...........

one of my sis. went to a missionary school. She befriended a girl named let's say x.She became a very good friend of my sister.She used to ask million questions about islam She would talk for long hours.Later she joined a medical colege in a different state. my sis went to a different medical college but both of them stayed in touch..Just three or four months ago she took the shahada with the help of my sis on a mobile phone.:mashallah:
I don't think that could have been possible if my sis would have ignored her.

Now zahid bhai i won't vote..... i will wait for you to come up with conclusions.:):)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We are forgetting the common sense of it all.

When we love something we spend more time with it..at least I do. We are encouraged to spend time with those who love Allah. It becomes a choice.

Now, we are also told to present Islam to all we meet. Some listen and embrace the Truth, others walk away.

We are not hostile to those who are not hostile to us. We have communication. Last time I looked I was on this planet.

But, this is that line. It is our choice as to what degree we participate in the world of those who reject Allah subhana wa taala. Unless, they become Muslim they are comfortable and happy in their world.

We are happy with those that worship Allah subhana wa taala as we are commanded to do by Him.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
But i still disagree wit sister al-fajr. With that kind of attitude, how do you expect to bring non-muslims to Islam... She specifically used the word "HATE" several times... and i am trying to say that not all kafir are the ones doing the killing and raping and slandering... Not every kafir is filled with evil. i am in no way supporting them or taking their side - I would just rather keep away and not involve myself unless I was bringing them to Islam, in which case I would never approach a non-muslim with my heart filled with hate cursing his ancestors... that wont bring him closer to Allah.

Disagree with me all you like, doesn't make a difference to facts.

I haven't mentioned slander, rape or killing anywhere in my post, I don't know why you brought it up?

esperanza

revert of many years

im sorry but ihave to agree wiht the sister...there are many non muslims,,who are kind generous decent and respectful to other religions...i havechristian friends who respect me and my religion,,,and have been shown greater kindess by some of them than some of the muslims ihave met,,,,
i havelived in a muslim country for twenty yeras and have few ican call true friends..
and have witnessed envy deciet,,greed..selfishness...and prejudice,,among some muslims

we cannot just hate non muslims,,not all are immoral not all dress indecently not all drink or have immoral realtions

and not all of them are against islam so why should we be

recently i had two messages from gemrna women non muslims,,one said i have respect for all people and allreligions and already offered to help my son if goes to germany
the other said well as your muslim you must be a terrorist,,
NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE THE SAME