Huge Rewards ( from Allah )for little deeds

acedoc

So much reward in return for such little good deeds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh

We learn from some authentic hadiths that Allah (SWT) through His genrosity grants His servants lots of rewards for some very easy and light work. We will review soem of the hadiths here, insha Allah, over the course of few weeks.

I must however caution brothers and sisters that there are plenty of weak (Daeef) hadith and certainly some false hadiths as well which attempts to link that to our Prophet (sws). But we are NOT interested in any of those..only in one which come from verfiable and authentic sources.

Please try to implement these duas/rememberances in your life. Becasue Allah loves small but repetitive acts of worship. I will try to keep these posts to a minimum so taht it gives time for most brothers and sisters to memorize them and more imporatntly start practicing them. Some of these will invocations/duas are part of daily prayer (salat) some are not.

Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem

"سَمِعَ اللهُ لِمَنْ حَمِدَهُ".

Sami'allaahu liman hamidah.

Allah hears whoever praises Him.

Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 2/282.

"رَبَّنَا وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ، حَمْداً كَثِيراً طَيِّباً مُبَارَكاً فِيهِ"

Rabbanaa wa lakal-hamd, hamdan i katheeran tayyiban mubaarakanfeeh

Our Lord, praise is Yours, abundant, good and blessed praise.
Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 2/284

Malik's Muwatta Book 15, Number 15.7.25:
Malik related to me from Nuaym ibn Abdullah ibn al-Mujmir from AIi ibn Yahya az-Zuraqi from his father that Rifaa ibn Rafi said, "One day we were praying behind the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, raised his head from ruku and said, 'Allah hears the one who praises Him' (Sami Allahu liman hamidah). A man behind him said, 'Our Lord, praise belongs to you - blessed, pure and abundant praise' (Rabbana wa laka'l hamd kathiran tayiban mubarakan fihi). When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had finished, he said, 'Who was it who spoke just now?' The man said, 'I did, Messenger of Allah,' and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'I saw more than thirty angels rushing to it to see which one of them would record it first.' "

acedoc

Important duas for Salat (prayers)

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh

Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem

Innvocations (Dua/ supplications) after the final Tashahhud and before ending the prayer (saying the salam)

Prophet Mohammad (sws) asked Allah from protection from the punsihment of the grave, hell-fire, the anti-christ (dajjal) on a regualr basis

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَمِنْ عَذَابِ جَهَنَّمَ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ، وَمِنْ شَرِّ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ".

(Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min l'athaabil-qabri, wa min 'athaabi jahannama, wa min fitnatil-mahyaa walmamaati, wa min sharri fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaal)

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and from the punishment of Hell-fire, and from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the trial of the False Messiah.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 2/102, Muslim 1/412, and this is Muslim's wording.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another version of the same duas as above (Please memorize any one of the two)

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ. اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْمَأْثَمِ وَالْمَغْرَمِ".

56. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min 'athaabil-qabri, wa 'a'oothu bika min fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaali, wa 'a'oothu bika min fitnatil-mahyaa walmamaati. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-ma'thami walmaghrami.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trial of the False Messiah, and I seek refuge in You from the trials of life and death. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from sin and from debt.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 1/202, Muslim 1/412.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my favorite, which is derrived from a hadith from Abu Bakr (Radi allah 'anhu) when he asked the prophet (sws) for a dua for forgiveness from Allah..this is what our prophet (sws) offered to his best friend. It has the most beautiful words. So that we must know this has got to be very special dua:

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي ظُلْماً كَثِيراً، وَلَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، فَاغْفِرْ لِي مَغْفِرَةً مِنْ عِنْدِكَ وَارْحَمْنِي إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ"

Allaahumma 'innee dhalamtu nafsee dhulman katheeran, wa laa yaghfiruth-thunooba 'illaa 'Anta, faghfir lee maghfiratan min 'indika warhamnee 'innaka 'Antal-Ghafoorur-Raheem.

‘O Allaah, I have indeed oppressed my soul excessively and none can forgive sin except You, so forgive me a forgiveness from Yourself and have mercy upon me. Surely, You are The Most-Forgiving, The Most-Merciful.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 8/168, Muslim 4/2078.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another good one (if it is not too much for you to do):

"اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ، وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ، وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ، وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ، وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ، وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي. أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ، وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ لَا إِلَعَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ".

Allaahum-maghfir lee maa qaddamtu, wa maa 'akhkhartu, wa maa 'asrartu, wa maa 'a'lantu, wa maa 'asraftu, wa maa 'Anta 'a'lamu bihi minnee. 'Antal-Muqaddimu, wa 'Antal-Mu'akhkhiru laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta.

O Allah, forgive me what I have sent before me and what I have left behind me, what I have concealed and what I have done openly, what I have done in excess , and what You are better aware of than I . You are the One Who sends forth and You are the One Who delays . There is none worthy of worship but You.

Reference: Muslim 1/534.

"اللَّهُمَّ أَعِنَّي عَلَى ذِكْرِكَ، وَشُكْرِكَ، وَحُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ".

Allaahumma 'a'innee 'alaa thikrika, wa shukrika, wahusni 'ibaadatika.

O Allah, help me to remember You, to give You thanks , and to perform Your worship in the best manner.

Reference: Abu Dawud 2/86, An-Nasa'i 3/53. See also Al-Albani Sahih Abu Dawud 1 /284.

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْبُخْلِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ أَنْ أُرَدَّ إِلَى أَرْذَلِ الْعُمُرِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الدُّنْيَا وَعَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ".

60. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-bukhli, wa 'a'oothu bika minal-jubni, wa 'a'oothu bika min 'an 'uradda 'ilaa 'arthalil-'umuri, wa 'a'oothu bika min fitnatid-dunyaa wa 'athaabil-qabri.

O Allah , I seek Your protection from miserliness, I seek Your protection from cowardice, and I seek Your protection from being returned to feeble old age . I seek Your protection from the trials of this world and from the torment of the grave.

Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 6/35

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْجَنَّةَ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ النَّارِ".

61. Allaahumma 'innee 'as'alukal-jannata wa 'a'oothu bika minan-naar.

O Allah , I ask You for Paradise and seek Your protection from the Fire.

Reference: Abu Dawud. See also Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 2/328.

acedoc

Virtues of saying "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone...."

Brother/Sisters this is definitely a "keeper":

Sahih Muslim Book 035, Number 6509:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who recites in the morning and in the evening (these words):" Hallowed be Allah and all praise is due to Him" one hundred times, he would not bring on the Day of Resurrection anything excellent than this except one who utters these words or utters more than these words.

Allah's Messenger (SAW) said: Whoever says:

Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdihi.

Glorified is Allah and praised is He.

one hundred times a day, will have his sins forgiven even if they are like the foam of the sea.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/168, Muslim 4/2071

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things.

ten times, will have the reward for freeing four slaves from the Children of Isma'il.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/67, Muslim 4/2071

The Prophet (SAW) said: The best invocation is that of the Day of Arafat, and the best that anyone can say is what I and the Prophets before me have said:

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things.

Reference: At-Tirmithi. Al-Albani graded it good in Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/184, and also Silsilatul-'Ahadith As-Sahihah 4/6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 035, Number 6508:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who uttered these words:" There is no god but Allah, the One, having no partner with Him. Sovereignty belongs to Him and all the praise is due to Him, and He is Potent over everything" one hundred times every day there is a reward of emancipating ten slaves for him, and there are recorded hundred virtues to his credit, and hundred vices are blotted out from his scroll, and that is a safeguard for him against the Satan on that day till evening and no one brings anything more excellent than this, except one who has done more than this (who utters these words more than one hundred times and does more good acts) and he who utters:" Hallowed be Allah, and all praise is due to Him," one hundred times a day, his sins are obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam of the ocean.

Book 035, Number 6510:
'Amr b. Maimun reported: He who uttered:" There is no god but Allah, the One, having no partner with Him, His is the Sovereignty and all praise is due to Him and He is Potent over everything" ten times, he is like one who emancipated four slaves from the progeny of Isma'il. Rabi' b. Khuthaim narrated a hadith like this. Sha'bi reported: I said to Rabi': From whom did you hear it? He said: From 'Amr b. Maimun. I came to 'Amr b. Maimun and said to him: From whom did you hear this hadith? He said: from Ibn Abi Laila. I came to Ibn Abi Laila and said to him: From whom did you hear this hadith? He said: From Abu Ayyub Ansari, who narrated from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

Akilah

:salam2: Brother acedoc

Jazakallah khair for your most beautiful posts. May Allah be pleased with you and give you jannah al firdaus, and give you of the benefits that I am rewarded when I make my duaas without decreasing either of our good deeds Ameen:)

I really appreciated this post, because it is true that sometimes weak hadith or fabricated ones are used, and so ppl falsely believe them, so I really like that these hadith and the virtues from them are sound ones inshallah.

sky_012

^^yeah, you're right sister
Assalam U Aleykum
Jazak Allah for sharing with us ways to increase our good deeds , it's a really good action from a brother in islam for another brother in islam or non muslim; May Allah SWT Rewards you and May Allah SWT Gives us the opportunity to take benefit from all the blessings He sent to us and be thankfull for all these ways He showed us trough Quran , life our Our Prophet Muhammad SAAS and trhough hadith to acheive in better way the gola of our lives ,
he has given us the ticket for paradise which is Islam, and the gift of the map and the Book on how to go there ;

May Allah SWT Reward you all Ameen

:wassalam:

acedoc

:salam2: Brother acedoc

Jazakallah khair for your most beautiful posts. May Allah be pleased with you and give you jannah al firdaus, and give you of the benefits that I am rewarded when I make my duaas without decreasing either of our good deeds Ameen:)

I really appreciated this post, because it is true that sometimes weak hadith or fabricated ones are used, and so ppl falsely believe them, so I really like that these hadith and the virtues from them are sound ones inshallah.

Walaikum salamu wa rahmutllah wa Barakatuh

Wa Iyaki, Thank you for your duas and kind words sisters. Of course we expect our reward from Allah alone. I am very very glad that at least one soul benefited from my posts. May Allah be our witness. May Allah grant you Jannat Al Firdaus as well.

acedoc

Seeking Allah's forgiveness

Allah (SWT) says,""O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. Verily, Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" [az-Zumar 39:53].

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) has taught us many words of repentance and it is good if we learn, understand, and use them. Of these one has been mentioned as Syed-ul-Istighfar (the master of forgiveness). A hadith explains its extraordinary significance: "If a believer says this with complete faith and sincerity in the morning and dies before that evening, he will enter paradise. If he says it during the night and dies before the morning, he will enter paradise." This powerful du'a is our daily pledge of allegiance. We will do well to memorize it in Arabic and never let a day or night go by without saying it with full consciousness:

`Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta.

"O Allah! You are my Lord. There is no God except You. You created me and I am Your slave. To the best of my ability, I will abide by my covenant and pledge to You. I seek Your protection from the evil of my own creation. I acknowledge Your favors to me and I admit my sins. So please forgive me for no one can forgive sins except You."

'Astaghfirullaahal-'Adheemal-lathee laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoomu wa 'atoobu 'ilayhi.

I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy of worship except Him, the Living, the Eternal, and I repent to Him, Allah will forgive him even if he has deserted the army's ranks.

Reference: Abu Dawud 2/85, At-Tirmithi 5/569, and Al-Hakim who declared it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed with him 1/511. Al-Albani graded it authentic in Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/182. See also Jami'ul-'Usool li-'Ahdaith Ar-Rasool 4/ 389-90 checked by Al-Arna'ut.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Jazak Allahu khyir.

@Strive-may-i: may Allah bless you and your family for bumping this thread up. wassalaamu alaykkum.