husband

tabuzbr

asallamualikum,my problem is my husband is not very islamic .in the sense though he is a muslim by birth and has strong feelings for ALLAHsawt but he doesn't pray everyday and on various issues is not islam based somewhere his upbringing was amongst the nonmuslim society in India which is the reason for this,though he is a good man and its 12 yrs since our marriage and many times i tried to tell correct him in many ways though i dodn't consider myself good but still at times i feel in a fix and hav never discussed this issue with anyone thinkg i didnt want to be a sinner by condemning my husband i'm not sure what to do.Another issue that bothers me is that though my father arranged my marriage with his choice of person ,later complications arouse ragarding a few property matters and my father wants me now to either be in touch with him without my husband's interference.if we had to choose between father and husband what should we do? please let know jazazallahkhair.

Asiya-sparkles

Salam alaikom Sister,
I am so sorry for your situation, but I experienced a similar situation for a long time with my husband and after a few years (yes years!) of making duas and explaining about the beauty of Islam (including why I was choosing to wear hijab!) my husband is now coming closer always to Allah and is the man InshAllah any wife would be happy to have on her side.

I think you need to consult a scholar in relation to the rights of husbands and fathers inshAllah.

Asiya

kafeelah1

Assalam alaekun, sister! I can assure you, you are not alone in this. If there could be a conference of Muslim women faced with this problem, you will definitely be shocked with the number of attendants.
Now, i would like you to remember something, ALLAH IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO ALL PROBLEMS, no matter how little or much. So why don't you complain to THE CREATOR OF ALL CREATIONS to guide you aright and to give you an everlasting solution. Put your trust in Allah and ask Him to make your foothold firm and make your dear husband a good muslim and mumin! Amin!

web_knight

spread the peace
Assalamu Alaikom dear sister,
Remember that parents are nonpareil but once they order to breach the islamic rules we should not obey them (in a polite way).and remember also that divorce is the most pleasant thing for the satan since he wants to destroy us ,reuin our families and break our hearts and cause social disorder.