I can’t decide

roza

:salam2:
Sisters did you have a hard time choosing a career? I’m in part of my life (if not a little over) where I have to decide what I want to be for future. Alhamdulilah I have the ability to dedicate myself and study whatever I want but, to tell you the truth I’m a having difficulty choosing a career that fits in to my criteria. The following questions are always in my head when I look at any career.
• Does it contradict against Islamic belief?
• How can I use it to help the Muslim community?
• Does it have flexible hours? I want to give my family more time than my job especially when I have children :inshallah:. I believe if we want to see this umma rise again we need mothers teaching the proper deen to their children.
Our school counsellors can solve this problem but not from Islamic perspective. They help you chose a career based on your interests and strengths. Please help me out by suggesting any job that you think a Muslim woman should be doing.That is besides taking care of her family. :jazaak:
:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister,

One career choice that I think could definitely be a good fit is nursing. There is a huge need for them and the hours can be very, very flexiable. Many of my friends work good hours and raise large families all the while making a decent income.

Wasalaam

~Sarah