I have a question about cats

:salam2:

My house has become a magnet for cats. It started a while ago when only 1 would come around at night sit on the back porch and leave around fajr.

One night, on my way to isha, I saw a really big cat I never saw before, it was black and had a owner necklace. It sat right in front of the door about 5 feet and when I walked out, it didn't move. I left it alone and went to pray and when I came back it was gone.

Now around isha two cats where on my front porch and one was pawing my glass door in front. Same thing as previous came back they were gone.

Usually find the cat sitting in the back porch often when I return at night too.

These cats are not mine, they are from the neighborhood somewhere.

We never eat fish or anything and don't have mice either, I am just puzzled why they are attracted to my house. they leave behind poop sometimes, that I have to clean, really annoying.

any information about this, I am like clueless

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know cats hate mothballs. I would buy mothballs. I would hose the animals down. Cats can leave nasty smells. They carry fleas. It is expensive to have your house treated for fleas. It can take two to three treatments. I would call the animal warden and have them picked up.

I am not an animal hater. I have had cats and dogs and fish and being the mother of two boys who knows what. I have had as many as seven cats in the house. I had a cat who could not stop breeding. Everytime I was ready to have her spaded she was pregnant. And I am alergic to cats.

You have to decide if you are ready to be adopted by the cats. I put my foot down on the animals and now I just have two human teenage males. That is enough for me.

rayray

Assalaam walaikum,

I know cats hate mothballs. I would buy mothballs. I would hose the animals down. Cats can leave nasty smells. They carry fleas. It is expensive to have your house treated for fleas. It can take two to three treatments. I would call the animal warden and have them picked up.

I am not an animal hater. I have had cats and dogs and fish and being the mother of two boys who knows what. I have had as many as seven cats in the house. I had a cat who could not stop breeding. Everytime I was ready to have her spaded she was pregnant. And I am alergic to cats.

You have to decide if you are ready to be adopted by the cats. I put my foot down on the animals and now I just have two human teenage males. That is enough for me.

lol! Sister Aapa! Your replies never fail to put a smile on my face :)
...just what I needed

saifkhan

abd-Allah
:salam2:

My house has become a magnet for cats. It started a while ago when only 1 would come around at night sit on the back porch and leave around fajr.

One night, on my way to isha, I saw a really big cat I never saw before, it was black and had a owner necklace. It sat right in front of the door about 5 feet and when I walked out, it didn't move. I left it alone and went to pray and when I came back it was gone.

Now around isha two cats where on my front porch and one was pawing my glass door in front. Same thing as previous came back they were gone.

Usually find the cat sitting in the back porch often when I return at night too.

These cats are not mine, they are from the neighborhood somewhere.

We never eat fish or anything and don't have mice either, I am just puzzled why they are attracted to my house. they leave behind poop sometimes, that I have to clean, really annoying.

any information about this, I am like clueless

Brother...you're becoming Abu Hurairah May Allah be pleased with him....may be....
I love cats.....even I had one...but it was so small and always used walk to step by step by me....every single second you have to play with that...otherwise it was going to cry....cry and cry......it was small one....

but when I gave back to the shop{from where I bought it}....dont know why...I couldnt take the money back.....and I was crying the whole way back to home....Allah SWT knows where it is now.....may Allah just take care of it....

Barakallahu feekum...I personally dont have any opinion to give you....but I'm sure...someones going to give you.....inshaa'Allah

Jazaakallahu Khair
wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalaam walaikum,

Salam Alaikum Aapa....

I always feel bad for your kids....I wonder how many pressure they face.....ufff....lolz....
dont get it otherwise....

with due respect,,,
wassalam

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Woo.. that sounds bit harsh for the cats. I have 4 cats in my house cats love to sneak around find new places thats what they are trying to do or some smell attracting them from your house.

Just sprinkle some black pepper or chilli on the place where they come I bet they won't come again

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother..don't feel sorry for them. I am, Insha'Allah, trying to make Muslim men out of them.

Brother...I had five kittens, one cat, one dog and eight puppies at one time...
I have done my time!

Ashima33

Salaam,

Have you ever considered the reason you don't have mice is because you have all these cats around!!!! Who knows -- if you get rid of all the cats you may have a rodent problem on your hands. So I would think twice before calling animal control. Would you rather deal with their poop... or mice?

Also, the cat that was originally hanging around your house could have been in heat or something. So she may have been attracting all the others. I personally wouldn't use moth balls. That sounds too toxic and I'm not sensing you're wanting to harm any animals. I would try a more natural approach like someone else said with chili or dill. You can also spray them with water like sister Aapa said... but don't spray them in the face. That's just cruel.

I have a feeling when I have a home cats will be hanging all over my porch. But I won't mind. I love cats.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me please explain mothballs. I have a lot of houseplants. The kittens would try to kill my plants by using the pots as kitty litter. I just throw a few mothballs in the pots. My plants were happy.