I just want to be happy :(

safiya58

:salam2:

all my sisters and brothers.

I want to talk about happyness. Something we all desire. Muslims aswell as non-muslims. We all want to be happy.

And what are the things that can make us happy....? A big house? A fancy car? Money? A good wife/husband? An A-grade in an exam? a good job? If we have that all are we happy then.....?

Are there things you desire now...? For example To finish studying...? Will you be happy after you have managed that....?

Or maybe you have health issues. And your only wish is a speed recovery.... and after you´ll be happy.....

There are things I desire too. And I have a yearning to fulfill my dreams. And then... only then... I will be happy... at least this is what I believe...

WHY I´m not hapyy at the moment.... Yes I face difficulties... Yes I have to live with a heavy burden.... Maybe many of you too...

But should we not be thankfull... For what....? Maybe for the iman we have....? Maybe for the wisdom we are blessed with. Maybe for our family. Maybe for our health. Maybe for our loved ones. Maybe for all the possibillities given to us.. so that we can survive... and become better persons...

WHY is it so hard to be happy with what we have...with less.....? WHY do we have a yearning for more...?

I don´t want to loose hope. And hope is not the believe that everything will be fine to me but the believe that there is a benefit in the ending of a situation. No matter if the situation is good or bad.

I have a wish. I want to be happy NOW. Not tomorrow after getting my driver licence... or after marriying a good guy... or after finding a well paid job.... I want to be happy with the problems I´m facing.... And with the less I have now...

What do you think? Is that possible...? :hearts:

:wasalam:

arzafar

yes we can choose to be happy and we can choose to be bitter/sad.
we can also feel happy for others.

rightpath_357

Sis- humans ALWAYS desire more- and those types of "happinesses" they'll make you feel happy because they're STEREOTYPICAL forms of happiness. People BELIEVE that it would make them happy, so it does.

Try to keep some time for yourself sis- a certain time of day, when the sun is shining, when you can go outside and think with ourself and be happy. Think about your promblems- then think about their solutions- and what steps you can take to make them better. If it's those "wait&see" problems- shrug it off.

But it IS possible sis! :D

Be cheery- and others wil act that way towards yu. Then it'll seem like the whole world is cheery- and you'll be like this :laughing-dancing:

heeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! ;) :D :)

:hearts:

Abu Talib

Feeling low

all my sisters and brothers.

I want to talk about happyness. Something we all desire. Muslims aswell as non-muslims. We all want to be happy.

And what are the things that can make us happy....? A big house? A fancy car? Money? A good wife/husband? An A-grade in an exam? a good job? If we have that all are we happy then.....?

Are there things you desire now...? For example To finish studying...? Will you be happy after you have managed that....?

Or maybe you have health issues. And your only wish is a speed recovery.... and after you´ll be happy.....

There are things I desire too. And I have a yearning to fulfill my dreams. And then... only then... I will be happy... at least this is what I believe...

WHY I´m not hapyy at the moment.... Yes I face difficulties... Yes I have to live with a heavy burden.... Maybe many of you too...

But should we not be thankfull... For what....? Maybe for the iman we have....? Maybe for the wisdom we are blessed with. Maybe for our family. Maybe for our health. Maybe for our loved ones. Maybe for all the possibillities given to us.. so that we can survive... and become better persons...

WHY is it so hard to be happy with what we have...with less.....? WHY do we have a yearning for more...?

I don´t want to loose hope. And hope is not the believe that everything will be fine to me but the believe that there is a benefit in the ending of a situation. No matter if the situation is good or bad.

I have a wish. I want to be happy NOW. Not tomorrow after getting my driver licence... or after marriying a good guy... or after finding a well paid job.... I want to be happy with the problems I´m facing.... And with the less I have now...

What do you think? Is that possible...? :hearts:

Try reading this book

Attachments

• Dont Be Sad.pdf
    15.1 MB · Views: 23

Domini9790

Well said

My boyfriend of 3 years just broke up with me. I am very heart broken about it. I am still happy though, because I just look at all the things that are going good in my life. I have a wonderful family, I have a job and go to school. It can be difficult sometimes, but the main thing you have to remember when you are upset or hurt is that Allah is looking upon you and does not make things happen without a reason. There is always a reason for something. I just think that maybe me and him were not meant to be together, but maybe it will lead to someone who truly loves me and truly cares about me. Happiness depends on how you want it to be. Nobody can ever be truly happy and truly content with life until they see meaning behind things. You always have to keep positive about things, even when you think that your life is over because something bad happens to you.

"With Every Difficulty Comes Ease"

That is one of my favorite quotes and it is very true!!! Just remember what your life is all about. Do not worry about the small things. May Allah bless all of you!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

What do you think? Is that possible...?

:wasalam:,

mashallah, its a beautiful thought. yes, its possible,

its possible when we see ppl who are below us and not those who are above us. we have to learn to be happy "now". we just wait to get so and so, then so and so, and the life ends without being happy and grateful to Allah.

1. thank You Allah for not making me disbeliever or polytheist.
2. thank You Allah for saving me frm deviants like ahmaddiya and shia.
3. thank You Allah for making me a member of prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) community.
4. thank You Allah for giving me health, sight and hearing.
5. thank You Allah for giving me wealth, mind, love, peace and security.

all glory and praises belongs to You. there is no god but You.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salamalaikum sister...
There r two types of peace. one is normal happiness(surrounding.....like everythings going well) and the no. two is peace of soul.
the peace of soul comes from Allah azzawajal...
Allah doesn't come in the world to bless us...
He sends the blessings n peace by the angels.when we do any righteous deed,the angels come with magfiarah n rahma of Allah......then even if our surroundings are not ok...we will feel inshallah blessed....we'll have patience,spirit to face those problems.
But when we do any gunah,according to the law(angels can't disobey Allah,He haven't give then free will like humans n jinns)the magfirah-rahmah carrying angels can't stay there.Hence they run away with the blessings , creating anabsence.satan takes the vacant place and we found nothings going well.......hu?
even if the surroundings are all okk.....we have the car lisence/hav a good guy to marry/enough money/good job.......but we wont be happy with that......coz lack of blessings of allah...

Hope you have got that sister.read Quran,atleast few verses from Quran,do Amal on them....always read out sura nas n falaq....so that satan cant stay beside you.
dont allow a vacant place for satan.....Inshalla...

May Allah forgive us all n guide to the true peaceful path

Jazakallahu Khairan wa barakallahu feekum

safiya58

Jazak Allahu ckair for all your replies.

Although I think that many did not get my point.

I don´t need a handkerchief to wipe away my tears. I´m not crying.... :hearts:

I´ve just noticed that I´m not really satisfied at the moment because Im very often in the past and in the future with my thoughts... I have aims and I want to gain my ends... But I don´t want my happyness to depend on this or that...

I´m not looking for a way to overcome obstacles. I´m sure that I´ll manage it anyway. But I´m looking for a way to be satisfied right at the moment. Even if I´m not among the richest, prettiest, smartest or whatever... of the people... I know it´s a little complicated... Like safikhan said I´m looking for the peace of the soul... (jazak Allahu ckair by the way)

I am me... no matter if I´ll end up as a cleaner or a Manager...

@brother ahmed_indian your advise was very good. You understand me. Jazak Allahu ckair brother.

@Domini9790 Inshaallah you´ll be blessed with a pious husband my sister. jazak Allahu ckair for your encouraging words.

katieanneb

Assalemu alaikom,

I would just like to add that the urge to find happiness can also help us to keep to the straight path of Allah, as we hope for the ultimate happiness of Jennah, Firdaus (Paradise). So this ambition helps us to be good Muslims and obey Allah. What I want to say is that it's not always negative to want something better, but we should sort out our priorities.

Those who are only concerned with happiness in this life will lose in the next life, as they strive to fulfill their desires.

The lucky ones amongst us are happy in both this and the next life, but most of us have to undergo various trials in the present, so that Allah can purify our souls. Like this we can really "taste" the joy of Jennah, by the grace of Allah.

I have noticed, though that when I stray ( I mean get lazy with my religion), Allah takes away something in my life that made me happy. So, if we want to be happy, we shouldn't stray!!!!! We should thank Allah for His "na3ma" or He will take it away.

Wa Allahu aalem, your sister in Islam

hana*

I have noticed, though that when I stray ( I mean get lazy with my religion), Allah takes away something in my life that made me happy. So, if we want to be happy, we shouldn't stray!!!!! We should thank Allah for His "na3ma" or He will take it away.

Wa Allahu aalem, your sister in Islam[/QUOTE]

this is exactly how i feel, when i stray from the deen this inner happiness diminishes and can only be regained by reaffirming the deen

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Let me ask you a question, oh, Assalamu alaikum
ok now let me ask :p
Do you feel happy when you please Allah? like if you gave 5 dollers to a charity and thought of Allah right before you did it? Do you feel that bliss in your body? Before you make a salaat do you remember Allah? do you keep cautious of Allah in a meditation form? That is pretty much the only thing that makes me happy, when i finish a salaat, i aswell as plenty of muslims feel that bliss,
I suggest to you ya'ukhti, to fast regularly monday and thursday inshallah and read the Quran while fasting and make plently of obligatory prayers and tell me, when you eat iftar and you say bissmillah and when your done and say Alhamdulillah , are you happy??
Hope i helped Peace be with you from Mahyar :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
I´ve just noticed that I´m not really satisfied at the moment because Im very often in the past and in the future with my thoughts... I have aims and I want to gain my ends... But I don´t want my happyness to depend on this or that...

I´m not looking for a way to overcome obstacles. I´m sure that I´ll manage it anyway. But I´m looking for a way to be satisfied right at the moment. Even if I´m not among the richest, prettiest, smartest or whatever... of the people... I know it´s a little complicated... Like safikhan said I´m looking for the peace of the soul... (jazak Allahu ckair by the way)

I am me... no matter if I´ll end up as a cleaner or a Manager...

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh ukhti,

Wish you in the best of health always. InshaAllaah.

Actually happiness is within you yourself. It is inside you. Just that you need to look for it. What is it that gives you happiness. That gives you contentment and peace in the heart.

Well basically we will say that it is faith that gives you such happiness. Yes because it is the fitrah (nature) of the soul to love God. A true happiness is when you feel like a true believer.

However, having accomplished something that you desire so much will give you happiness as well. Such as to succeed in your studies with flying colours. Maybe even just by looking at beautiful paintings of real nature can give you happiness. Find out for your own happiness. It is there. :)

Another way to be happy is when you try to make someone happy, inshaAllaah you can be happy too. Give out a genuine smile to people. Everyday when you wake up and look at the mirror, give out a smile to yourself and tell that you want to make the most of this day with as much goodness as you can. You absolutely dont need to wait for the future to be happy. Right at this very moment you can be happy. You can be thankful for everything that you have now eventhough if it seems like there are so many things that you dont 'possess' yet in life. Thats why people say, "Happiness is not counted from the amount of money you have, but from the peace within your heart.". MashaAllaah.

Actually, if I understood you correctly, I think you are sort of like me. Its like sometimes you are 'trapped' between being in the past and wanting to achieve your goal in the future. Someone told me though that maybe it is the phase you'll go through from being a girl to a woman. :)

Anyways sister, I hope you will find your happiness soon inshaAllaah. And yes, you should be yourself, we dont need to be like someone else. Unless, you are imitating a good akhlaq of someone, then its OK. Soon, when you have found what you're looking for, you can share it with us here, right...:)

Take care now.

Wassalam.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Having lived more than half a century, I learned that happiness comes from living for Allah and doing good for others. Things don't bring joy. Knowledge doesn't bring peace. Security other than that which comes from Allah is temporary.

I try to live my life as Paul Thillich recommended.

I try to develop a finite relationship with the finite and an absolute relationship to the Absolute.

I try not to become attached to those things which shall pass away and to cling to That Which IS ETERNAL, ALLAH.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam....
I've got that....sister
i will not say my suggestion rather than i'll say that my words will help you to lead one step to happiness inshallah...
i know its not that easy to be happy with what we have.but Allah has created so and humans are not satisfied with what they have,by nature.
but i've got a way to practise the thanx giving to Allah....lets see..
my final examinations have just finished.my last exam wasnt so good,though i was preapred well and i really hav a good command over that subject.but i failed to proof that.i have left some answers just because i was in hurry to finish the last exam....lolz....though i knew those but i couldnt understand the questions.....how silly!!
but when i came out and checked and felt upset...i prayed to Allah and just a matter striked on my mind.May be Allah has kept something more special....like....may be I'm getting a bad grade on that subject.....but it can happen that i'll score a good grade in other subjects,in which i dont have enough skill......and if you really feel it from the core of your heart.....it'll happen...inshallah
think brothers and sister how insane we r.....
when we get a bad grade in a subject,in which we deserve A or higher....we start questioning Allah.....oh Allah why have you done that me only...blah blah..
but when we get a good grade in a subject,in which we dont deserve atall...what do we do?....do we thank Allah...?or even do we think why Allah do this type of thing to us?
TO INFORM US THAT THERES SOMEONE WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERITHING<ITS NOT YOU/ME/ANYONE ELSE.
the exam was an example only...subsitute anything else...with the exam and compare with the contrast...
let us practise these....n plz brother n sister if you have an idea...plz contribute...

Jazakallah

safiya58

after along time I´m responding to this thread. I´ve just read all your replies and it bring a smile to my face. All of you guys made great points. Jazak Allahu ckair.. :)

If I take all of that what you´ve adviced in consideration in my daily life it will for sure make me happy :)

So jazak Allahu ckair again to all of you. I appreciate your advice a lot

sal12

Assalamu alykum,

Safiya58 I feel just like you!! I've always wondered how most of those who convert to Islam say that they just felt this peace within themselves that they never had before! I don't think I've ever had this peace! I wish I could experience it.

Someone replied to you in one of their posts saying that the angels bring happiness which is from Allah if we have done good deeds and if not then the shaitaan is with us instead and the angels are not? Anyone know if that's true?? I've never heard of that before.

Safiya58 I have the same wish as you, to feel peace and content no matter what's going on in my life! And to be honest alhamdulillah I haven't been through anything that's extremely bad or something I cannot handle like many people do go through so being unsatisfied and sometimes ungrateful astaghfirullah is unjustifiable to me and I do feel guilty for feeling this way but don't know what to do to banish these feelings!

Jazkallahu khair for starting this post! The replies you have recieved I have read and to me they seem too simplistic (see, im unsatisfied once again! lol!). I mean it's so difficult for me to understand how praying and worshipping Allah has given you so much inner peace! I worship Allah but I don't have it. Does anyone have any specific experiences where they've not felt at peace as they were not close to Allah and then suddenly did once they became closer to Him? I'd appreciate it if you'd share your experiences in more detail please just so I can understand. Sorry if it means I'm being nosy but you could end up helping me and safiya58 out!! :D

Jazakallahu khayr!

sal12

Brother Abu Talib just posted this on another thread, I thought I'd copy and paste it on to here for you safiya58 in case you don't get to see it:

Happiness is the only goal on earth that all people without exception are seeking to attain. Believers and unbelievers alike seek to be happy, but each party is using different methods. However, only believers can achieve genuine happiness, and all forms of happiness attained through other than belief in Allah the Almighty are mere illusions.The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him ) is reported to have said ,"How amazing is the affair of the believer. Everything is good for him - and that is for no one but the believer: If good times come his way, he is thankful and that is good for him, and if hardship comes his way, he is patient and that is good for him." (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

The following are tips for the attainment of happiness as offered by Sheikh `A'id Al-Qarni:

1. Know that if you do not live within the scope of today, your thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused, and your anxiety will increase. These realities are explained in the following hadith:

"When you are in the evening, do not expect to see the morning, and when you are in the morning, do not expect to see the evening."
(Al-Bukhari)

2. Forget the past and all that it contained. Being absorbed in things that are past and gone is sheer lunacy.

3. Do not be preoccupied with the future because the future is in theworldof the Unseen; do not let it bother you until it comes.

4. Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. Be sure that in proportion to your worth, the level of people's criticism rises. Also, make good use of criticism in discovering your shortcomings and faults, and let it drive you toward self-improvement.

5. Have certain faith in Allah the Almighty and perform good deeds; these are the ingredients that makeup a good and happy life.

6. If you desire peace, tranquility, and comfort, you can find it all in the remembrance of Allah the Almighty.

7. You should know with certainty that everything that happens, occurs in accordance with divine decree.

8. Do not expect gratitude from anyone.

9. Train yourself to be prepared for the worst eventuality.

10. Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest, even though you may not comprehend how that can be so.

11. Everything that is decreed for the believer is best for him.

12. Enumerate the blessings of Allah the Almighty and be thankful for them.

13. You are better off than many others.

14. Relief comes from one hour to the next. Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief.

15. In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn to supplication and prayer, either patiently contented or thankful.

16. Calamities should strengthen your heart and reshape your outlook in a positive way.

17. Do not let trivialities be the cause of your destruction.

18. Always remember that your Lord is Oft-Forgiving.

19. Assume an easy-going attitude and avoid anger.

20. Life is bread, water, and shade; so do not be perturbed by a lack ofanyother material thing.

(And in the heaven is your providence and that which you are promised.)
(Adh-Dhariyat 51: 22)

21. Most evil that is supposed to happen never occurs.

22. Look at those who have more afflictions and be grateful that you have less.

23. Bear in mind the fact that Allah the Almighty loves those who endure trials with steadfastness, so seek to be one of them.

24. Constantly repeat those supplications that the Prophet(peace and blessings be upon him) taught us to say during times of hardship.

25. Work hard at something that is productive, and cast off idleness.

26. Do not spread rumors and do not listen to them. If you hear a rumor inadvertently, do not believe it.

27. Know that your malice and your striving to seek revenge are much more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.

28. The hardships that befall you atone for your sins, if you show patience.

Sheikh `A'id Abdullah Al-Qarni is a prominent Saudi scholar and da`iyah. He has his doctorate in Hadith. He has made many audio lectures and a number of TV programs about different Islamic and Da`wah-related topics.

Source:islamonline.net

safiya58

jazak Allahu ckair sister sal12 for reposting Brother Abu Talib´s thread just for me :hearts: that is so cute of you :)

the replies may seem simple but they work out great. The advice of the brothers/sisters here (to praise Allah for everything we own, to repent, to be aware of Allah, to love Allah more than any other thing, to know that your aim is to enter jannah) are matters of the heart. They are not mere lip/body actions. And it is not easy to train the heart.

if you just pray with your body but your heart is somewhere else you can not find inner peace.

I know from my past experience that repentance can bring you closer to Allah.

I advice you and me and anyone to train our hearts. For example in natural surroundings one can feel close to Allah.

Sister our problem is we are not concious that when we are praying we are talking to Allah Subanallahu Teala. And what do we know about Allah whom we are praising...?

Reading tefsir of Quran can soften ones heart or deciding to get to know Allah as much as He allows us to know Him (reading tefsir of Asma al Husna)

Hope that someone can give you a better advice on how to train the heart. I´ve the knowledge but it is hard for me to put in practice :(

Last but not least never ever say that you are nosy. You are our sister. :hearts:

safiya58

oh and just be relaxed. Don´t follow the aim to be pleased. Our aim should be that Allah is pleased. And when He is pleased than we are pleased too.