i may have betrayed my best friend

baby_sister

:salam2:
well i will keep this short. my best friend samira told me a dreadful secret and i have sworn not to tell a soul. however yesterday my other friend asked me something to do with the secret. the words just slipped out of my mouth and samira confronted me about the secret but i didn't want to lie to her but somehow i had to save my friendship by lying. however she has some idea that i told some1. i donot want to lose her trust or our friendship.
what shall i do?:confused: :confused: :confused:
confront her or keep on lying to her
:wasalam:

uk_brother786

You should apologise and tell her the truth and u regret the slip of tongue,, and if she decided not to trust u and end ur friendship,, so be it..

My sister, is it a big secret? if yes...i think you might in trouble.

So i advice you to read Surah YaSin in the morning and ask Allah to help you.:tti_sister:

I have read Surah YaSin, its make me happy and no trouble at all.

:wasalam:

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: sis

You should apologise and tell her the truth and u regret the slip of tongue,, and if she decided not to trust u and end ur friendship,, so be it..Allah knows best . You start with small lies b4 u know it u end up worst....if she still ur friend Alhamdulillah but remind her not to make u promise to keep any secrets,, if both of you value ur friendship

Thats my humble opinion,, maybe u get better feedback fm others

I leave u in the care of Allah swt
:wasalam: :hijabi:

albinsaid09

Well, tell her exactly what you wrote above with an apology because whatever you said im convinced you did not meant it. Make dua too.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

I believe you should confront her in a remorseful way to show that you never meant to hurt her.
If i was in her shoes i would want to know everything that goes around me, and if i discover that my friend exposed my secret and i found that out from someone else i would really get aggrivated and i would feel that my friend aint worth trusting.
"ONCE A LIER ALWAYS A LIER"

Dont lie to ur friend:
one thing its HARAM
second shes trusting you so dont betray that trust if you let her know now you have a better chance of being trusted again than you would if you keep lying.

FOLLOW WHAT EVER YOUR HEART TELLS YOU, DONT DO SOMETHING THAT YOU MIGHT END UP REGRETING>

Steve940

Albint Almuslima made a good point, if that person finds out from someone else then she would probably be very upset. The best thing to do is tell the truth and explain that you are sorry for what happened, and Insha'Allah she will understand that you made a mistake and you are sorry for it.

Wasallam

yusuf125

as-salaam alaykum; i feel for you. i have made this mistake before too. best advice i can give you is to be honest. ask yourself, who are you trying to protect and why. in my case i tried to protect myself and lost a friend. it can take a long time to rebuild trust which is why we try to maintain it. but to hide something that will hurt more as time goes by is no favor, and finding out about a friends betrayal will hurt. it will hurt more if that friend tried to cover it up.inshallah your friendship may survive, but whatever happens, learn from it : )

faiz_fauzi

Meet her.Tell her the truth.InsyaALLAH she will forgive u.Stop lying to her because everytime u tell a lie it will make it worse.Confront her nicely.Talk slowly.And lastly make dua that he will be ok with it.No worries!Trust in ALLAH!He is the only one that can help u.That why u have to take action and oso heve to pray!ALL the best!

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
I totally agree with Sister Al Bint Al Muslimah.You should tell her the truth.You should make her feel that you are indeed sorry for what have you done.These small lies will reach to higher level of lies till your best friend will lose her trust in you.She would then be hurt more tahn now.Tell her why you decided to tell her in the beginning of all this so as to avoid her suspicions turning your friendship into enmity.Remember, Satan will try to mislead you.Take Allah as your Guider.He will surely InshAllah make you succesful through this situation.Who knows maybe she will forgive you for what you had done just because you stopped the matter when it would had shaped your frienship into deceit.Come on, your best friend wouldn't understand your feelings then who would?