I need some help...

khadi234

Hi, i'm new to this forum, i just came across this page by accident...
I thought this might be a good place to get some advice since i don't know who else to ask...My whole life i have been sinning, i've done so many bad things that i feel like im destined to be punished for them all...
Even if i know something is wrong in islam i still do it, and then feel guilty after.
I want to change and be a good person, i recently learnt how to pray properly, and i've been doing well...but then i get the urge to do something forbidden..
I really hate myself and feel like im going to hell...What should i do?
How can i stop doing haram things? Will my sins be forgiven if i sincerely feel bad and repent...? I feel terrible and im not sure what to do, i know what im doing is wrong and i feel guilty but can't stop...How do i ask for forgiveness? Is there any prayer you can give me? Is there hope for someone like me?

a_stranger

Allah is calling all:

39:53 Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Translation of the meanings of Quran

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

wathiq

Alsalam Aleykum

remember the man that killed 99 people and when went to man reserved his life for praying "Abid" asking for forgivness, the Abid told him no forgivenss for him he killed 99 people, then he killed the Abid. Then he went to schooler and ask him same question, that he killed 100 people is there any forgivness for him, the schooler told him yes, but you have to change the environment you are living in.
This true story explained the following:
you have great chance for forginvess "Toba", you have to change, your way of life and start the life with aim and the biggest aim is to be with the Prophet peace be upon him and when you make bad things continuly you will be away from Allah which is very danger.
Change your friends and choose friends whom can guide you if they see you went away from Allah.
And always remember Allah is knows what we are doing at anytime and anywhere.
May Allah will accept your Toba.

wathiq

Alsalam Aleykum

remember the man that killed 99 people and when went to man reserved his life for praying "Abid" asking for forgivness, the Abid told him no forgivenss for him he killed 99 people, then he killed the Abid. Then he went to schooler and ask him same question, that he killed 100 people is there any forgivness for him, the schooler told him yes, but you have to change the environment you are living in.
you have great chance for forginvess "Toba", you have to change, your way of life and start the life with aim and the biggest aim is to be with the Prophet peace be upon him and when you make bad things continuly you will be away from Allah which is very danger.
Change your friends and choose friends whom can guide you if they see you went away from Allah.
Alsalam Aleykum

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

ASALAMA ALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATU BRO ITS LIKE THIS WHENEVER SOMEONE CHANGES HIMSELF FROM THE WORSE CHARACTER TO A BELIEVER (REAL PRACTISING MUSLIM) SHAYTAN WILL NEVER GIVE UP , he WANTS YOU TO GO BACK TO THE OLD WAYS(he SENDS HIS SOLDIERS WHO WILL BY EVERY MEANS POSSIBLE CHANGE YOU TO THE FORMER) AND WHEN YOU DO THAT he LEAVES YOU IN PEACE FOR YOU ARE THEN ON HIS PARTY.

SO KNOW THAT THE WAR IS NOT OVER THERE WILL BE UPS AND DOWNS BUT HOLD ON TO THE ROPE OF alla(aza wa jallah) AND YOU WILL GAIN THE UPPER HAND. I WOULD RECOMEND DIKIR ALHAMDULLILAH, ASTAQFURULAH SUBHANALLAH ALLAHUAKBAR AND AUDU BILLAHI MINA SHAITANI RAJIM WHENEVER A BAD THOUGHT COMES IN YOU MIND AND THIS SHOULD BE DONE EVERYTIME , EVERYMINUTE ,EVERYSECOND LET YOU TONGUE MASTER THESE WORLDS AND WALAHI YOU WILL BE CURED.

AND ONE THING IS THAT YOU HEART IS NOT DEAD THIS IS BECAUSE DEEP DOWN YOU FEAR ALLAH AND YOU DO REGRET EVERYTIME. SO YOU HEART IS NOT DEAD HEART BROTHER . THERE IS A BETTER PLACE (JANAH) THAN THIS CRUEL WORLD .SO AIM FOR IT BRO A PLACE WHERE NOTHING COMES TO AN END SUBHANALLAH . MAY ALLAH (AZA WA JALLAH) MAKES US AMONG THOSE WHO WILL DWELL THERE FOREVER AMIN

"Indeed in this there is a remembrance for those who have a living heart, listen attentively and are awake to taking heed." [Qaaf: 37]

Allah says:

“Goodness and evil cannot be equal. Repel (evil) with what is better: Then the one between whom and you there had been hatred will become as it if he were your dear friend. And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint,- none but persons of the greatest good fortune.” [Sûrah Fussilat: 34-35]

O you who believe enter into Islam into fully (completely) [ref]

Let it not deceive you that those who are bent on denying the truth seem to be able to do as they please on earth

-Quran (3:196)

10 Ways of Protection from Shaytan
Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

1 Seeking refuge with Allah from Shaytan. Allah the Most High said, “And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.” [41:36]

2.Recitation of the two soorahs al-Falaq and an-Nas, as they have wondrous effect in seeking refuge with Allah from his evil, weakening Shaytan and protection from him. This is why the Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: “No person seeks refuge with anything like the Mu`awwidhatayn (soorahs al-Falaq and an-Nas)”. [an-Nasaa’i, 5337]

3.Recitation of Ayat al-Kursi (2:255).
Recitation of soorah al-Baqarah. The Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said, “The house in which al-Baqarah is recited is not approached by Shaytan.” [Muslim]

4.The final part of al-Baqarah. The Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said, “Whoever recites the two last verses of al-Baqarah at night they will suffice him.” [Muslim]

5.Recitation of the beginning of soorah Mu’min (Ghafir), until His saying, “wa ilayhi-l-maseer” (to Him is the destination). (i.e. “Ha. Meem. The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Exalted in Might, the Knowing, the forgiver of sin, acceptor of repentance, severe in punishment, owner of abundance. There is no deity except Him; to Him is the destination.” [40:1-2])

6.Saying “la ilaha ill Allah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa `ala kulli shay’in qadir” (there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, He has no partner, His is the Dominion and Praise, and He is able to do all things) a hundred times.

7.The most beneficial form of protection from Shaytan: abundance of remembrance of Allah, the Exalted.

8.Ablution and prayer, and they are from among the greatest means of protection, especially at the time of emergence of anger and desire.

9.Abstinence from excess speech, food and mixing with people.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Salam Alaikum

Everyone has committed sins but the thing you must do is Touba (repent). Also, stop saying you cannot stop because you will start to believe that you cannt. Another thing remember Dihkr (remember Allah) stay steadfast in prayer, read Quran, etc... Eliminate yourself from the situation/person that is causing you to sin. You will find to realize the more you remember Allah the easier it will be to denounce the sins you are doing. Also, never think you have done so much wrong Allah will not forgive you. This is what Allah promised you.

The Prophet (SAWS) said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it."
The above Hadith was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal.)

Zahra08

Well I started classes at the Al maghrib instutue which very beneficial because I was in a similar state as you the sheikh taught us something called an Iman Rush which is:
1) Problems inorder to get into the zone.
2) Patience (intense Iman)
3)Going into the Zone
4) Coming out as higher state of being
in order to actually enter the zone you have to have Ceebada
I hope that helps you

Maryam Sayyidina

You should stop judging your self is bad, a sinner, and others bad tag. Allah the Most Merciful tough your sins cover the ocean.
Allah show you the way to be a better man when you realize you do mistake. S Start to knowing Allah. Keep closer to Allah, attached with Allah, start from doing the daily prayer, fasting, read Qur'an at least once a day.
Find the new environment such friends surround you that can keep your heart close to Allah, learn and practice about Islam.
May Allah gives barakah and peaceful heart to do all changes. Ameen
Allah will change someone, if the man wants to do change.