I need tips on being a stranger in this world

Salaam alaikum

Now I am senior in college and insh'allah may 2009 will be my last day but until then I need to know how to be a stranger in this world. To be un-attach to this world. Could someone please give me some tips. Also, how can I ward away negative people? How can i ignore people comments, when they say or do means things to me.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Salaam alaikum

Now I am senior in college and insh'allah may 2009 will be my last day but until then I need to know how to be a stranger in this world. To be un-attach to this world. Could someone please give me some tips. Also, how can I ward away negative people? How can i ignore people comments, when they say or do means things to me.

Salam Alaikum Sister

Inshallah you graduate in 2009. To be a stranger is this world will become easier and easier. Follow the commands of Allah and the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (SAWS) and you will become a stranger in this world. Islam originated strange and it will return strange and the followers of Islam will be the strangers. To stay un-attached to this worldly things make Du'aa and ask Allah to lead you on the straight path and not lead you astray and keep negative people away from you and if they are not kept away ask Allah to grant you patience so you can deal with people making comments and doing hurtful things. The people that do this things to you are weak and you are stronger than them. It takes a stronger person to be patient and maintain control and displicine when faced with this situations. Another good thing we our improving within ourselves by fasting and observing Ramadan. Anytime you are faced with a situation remember Allah and make Du'aa. The is the best tip I can give. Inshallah sister everything will become better for you just remember patience. Also, you asked how to be a stranger you are probably already a stranger since people are bothering you. You are strange to them but inshallah you are on the path of doing what is normal to Allah.

Salam Sister Amirah80
:hearts:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

FATWA 45855 IQA

Islam began as something strange
What is the meaning of this hadeeth: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began.”?.

Praise be to Allaah.

This hadeeth was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: :salah:“Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Al-Sindi said in Haashiyat Ibn Maajah:

“Strange” refers to the small number of its adherents. The basic meaning of ghareeb (a stranger) is being far from one's homeland. “And will revert to being strange” refers to the small number of those who will adhere to its teachings even though its followers are many. “So give glad tidings to the strangers” means those who follow its commands. “Tooba (glad tidings)” has been interpreted as meaning Paradise or a great tree in Paradise. This shows that supporting Islam and following its commands may require leaving one's homeland and being patient in bearing the difficulties of being a stranger, as was the case in the beginning.

In Sharh Saheeh Muslim, Al-Nawawi quoted al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad as saying concerning the meaning of this hadeeth:

“Islam began among a few individuals, then it spread and prevailed, then it will reduce in numbers until there are only a few left, as it was in the beginning.”

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 2/170:

The meaning of this hadeeth is that Islam began as something strange, when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called people to Islam, but no one responded except a few here and there. At that time it was something strange because its people were like strangers amongst others and they were few in number and weak, in contrast to the great numbers and strength of their enemies who persecuted the Muslims. Then some of them migrated to Abyssinia, fleeing for the sake of their religion from tribulation and to save themselves from persecution and oppression, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) migrated at Allaah’s command to Madeenah, after suffering intense persecution and in the hope that Allaah would give him people to support him in his call and support Islam. Allaah fulfilled his hopes, granted victory to his troops and supported His slave. The Islamic state was established and Islam spread, with the help of Allaah, throughout the land; Allaah made the word of kufr lowest and the word of Allaah is (always) uppermost, for Allaah is Almighty, All-Wise, and honour, power and glory belong to Allaah, and to His Messenger, and to the believers [cf al-Munaafiqoon 63:8]. This continued for a long time, then division and dissent spread among the Muslims and weakness and failure increased gradually, until Islam once again became something strange as it was in the beginning. But this is not because of their small numbers, because at that time they will be many, rather it is because they do not adhere to their religion or cling to the Book of their Lord and the teachings of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), apart from those whom Allaah wills. So they become distracted and turn to competing in worldly matters, like those who came before them, and they fight amongst themselves for leadership. So the enemies of Islam found a way in and they colonized their lands, humiliated their people and treated them badly. This is the way in which Islam returned to being strange as it was in the beginning.

A number of scholars – including Shaykh Muhammad Rasheed Rida – thought that this hadeeth gives glad tidings of a second victory of Islam after it becomes something strange again. They base this on the metaphor used by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said, “… will revert to being strange as it began.” So just as following the initial strangeness and alienation the Muslims were victorious and Islam spread, this will happen again after the second period of strangeness and alienation.

This view is more likely to be correct, and is supported by what is proven in the ahaadeeth about the Mahdi and the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) at the end of time, when Islam will spread and the Muslims will be victorious, and kufr and the kaafirs will be defeated.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessing and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon his family and companions.

Islam Q&A

Wa alaikum salaam

Thanks so much for the advice and remember Allah has increase the reward for doing good deeds doing Ramadan.

and it's just that I hate my situation, I rather be around muslims, work around muslims than to feel ostrizize for wear decent clothing, having a dreams of getting marry instead being so involved in this wordly life. peace

Believer

feelings are mutual...

Assalamu Aleykum Sister,
Unfortunately, I know how you feel Sis. As a female Muslim we stand out in society. Alhamdulillah nothing too major has happened over the years, but those little daily things that get to you, like the glares and the smart questions and comments etc. but that shouldn’t let you down. Just think of it this way - at the end of the day they are the losers who haven’t discovered the beautiful religion Islam (YET, Insha'Allah) and you have. You have a chance to go to paradise Insha'Allah! People who make dirty remarks are the ones that are weak, that don’t know any better, they want people to feel miserable with them, and don’t have any other resort so they bully people. Remember that this life is temporary and our eternal fate will be judged and decided by Allah on the Day of Judgment. so what people say or think of you in this world doesn’t really matter, they can say anything they want, but don’t let it affect you and don’t sink down to their level, instead, just pray for them that Allah leads them to the right path.

Growing up in a country where Muslims are minority can be hard at times and believe me I know! I used to go to an Islamic school and now Alhamdulillah I’m in university, it is a completely different environment compared to the one where you are surrounded by Muslims. It was so overwhelming. There are a few people who are out there just to annoy you and test you to see if you have an answer to their illogical questions, and think that they can defeat you and prove you wrong. Unless people genuinely want to find out about Islam, don’t respond. They get into your head and make you begin to wonder and doubt (this is when shaitan is really happy) , I learnt that the hard way, but Alhamdulillah, I am far away from those people. The most important thing is for you to understand and practice Islam, so don’t be afraid to not answer.

I have a couple of things for you ‘just’ to remember:

- Our Prophets, May Peace and Blessings Be Upon Them, were constantly tortured and fought against, they still had belief and great patience. Alhamdulillah we do not face that today, the most that people can do is make comments.

- "Do not you know that Allah knows All that is in the Heaven and on earth? Verily, it is all in the book. Verily! That is easy for Allah"(22:70)

The Prophet (SAW) explained that "Allah had written the ordained measures (and due proportions) of the creation, fifty thousand years before the creation of the heavens and the earth and His Arsh was on the water" (saheeh Muslim v4 pg. 1397)

50,000 years before the Heavens and the Earth was created, Allah wrote down everything that was going to happen. Allah knew that this was going to happen; Allah can see what is happening, just remember that it is a test and pray to Allah that you pass, and seek for help and Insha’Allah Allah will respond. You take one step towards Allah and Allah will take many steps towards you Insha’Allah.

- "On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear. Before Us is a record which clearly shows the truth. They will never be wronged."
Al-Quran, Sura MuMinun (23), Verse 62.

Whenever you are down and think you can't get through it, keep this verse in mind and Insha'Allah, you will!

- Prophet Muhammad [SAW] said, "Allah tests only those people whom He loves the most"

Insha’Allah that helps you sis! Sorry for the long reply and sorry if I have bored you, but I sincerely know how you feel. Just remember, you are not alone. Muslims are constantly being tested. This is our little ‘Jihad’ we are struggling in the path of Allah, and InshaAllah we will be rewarded greatly for it on the Day of Judgment. I will pray for all the Muslims suffering, for Allah to make it easy for them Insha'Allah!
Please forgive me if I have said anything wrong (and correct me) or offended anyone, it was far from my intentions

Take care
Peace
Was Salamu Aleykum

p.s: I was going to attach an audio but I'm not completely sure on how to, so once I find out, Insha'Allah I will post it :)

Dear sister, Assalaamu Alaykum :)

The best tip I can humbly give you is what God says in the holy Quran, "So that you do not grieve over what you missed and do not cheer for what He has given you!" (57:23)

It is a balancing act between learning from mistakes and dwelling on them; between being thankful for God's bounties and feeling favored or special.

A couple of supplications I like that express this notion well are, "O God, make the world in our hands but not in our hearts!" and "O God, do not make this world the biggest of our concerns nor the end of our knowledge!"

Barakallahum feekum for the advice. I needed to here this because i go back to school tomorrow. a another week of hell.......ugh

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamoalaikum. jazakallahu khairn brothers and sisters for the replies. Nice reminder. I live in a place where there are muslims everywhere but they are all divided :(
:salam2:

hayaat_ii

Muslimah
O my sisters, Inshallah Kheir, Keep strong in the way of Allah swt, Inshallah may Allah ease the problems ur facing. salaam