i response to face book!!

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
Reward for Sending Blessings on the Prophet*
There are great rewards for sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Following are some of these rewards based on Qur’anic verses and hadiths of the Prophet:

-When a person sends blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), his act coincides with that of Almighty Allah. However, both acts differ in nature in the sense that Allah encompasses the Prophet with His Grace and sends blessings upon him out of praise and honor; whereas the act of people is a form of supplication to Almighty Allah to elevate the Prophet’s status and honor.

One adopts the morals of the angels, who continually send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

-One follows the Divine command that directs the believers to send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). These three merits are based on the verse 56 of Surat Al-Ahzab: "Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation."

When a person sends blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) once, Allah bestows on him tenfold blessings. Yet, Allah’s reward exceeds the deeds of His servants. In his hadith, the Prophet said, “For one who sends blessings upon me once, Allah will send tenfold blessings in return” (Muslim and others).
`Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn Al-`Aas is reported to have said, “For one who sends blessings upon the Prophet once, Allah and His angels will send seventy-fold blessings.”

-A person who sends blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is elevated ten degrees, that is, he has the reward of ten good deeds added to his account.

Also, such a person will have ten sins remitted. In his hadith, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “If one sends me blessings once, Almighty Allah will send him tenfold blessings, forgive him ten sins, and elevate him ten degrees.” Happy is the person who keeps on sending blessings on the Prophet. He receives great rewards in return for a good deed that does not require any effort but rather gives joy to those who love the Prophet.

-Sending blessings upon the Prophet is equal to manumitting ten slaves. Though this reward is based on a weak hadith, it is supported by a saying of Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him), who said, “Sending blessings upon the Prophet is better than setting slaves free.”

Sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) makes one a recipient of the Prophet’s intercession on the Day of Judgment. This applies whether one sends blessings accompanied by asking wasilah for the Prophet or not. At-Tabarani reported that the Prophet said, “Whoever says, ‘O Allah! Bless Muhammad and grant him the place closest to You on the Day of Resurrection,’ I will intercede for him.” In another hadith, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “When you hear the muezzin, repeat his very words, and then send blessings on me, for whoever sends me blessings once, Allah will bless him ten times in return. Then beseech Allah to grant me wasilah, which is a place in Paradise due to a certain one of Allah’s servants. I hope I will be that servant! Whoever asks wasilah for me, I shall intercede for him.”

A believer who continues to send blessings on the Prophet gains great benefits and his sins will be forgiven.

-Sending blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) also saves a believer from any sorrow and worry regarding matters of this world and the Hereafter. These two rewards are supported by the following hadith reported by Ubayy ibn Ka`b (may Allah be pleased with him): When a quarter of the night had passed, the Prophet got up and said, “O people! Remember Allah, for the first trump has resounded and the second will follow it. It is death that has come near.” Ubayy asked, “O Messenger of Allah! I frequently make supplications; then how many of my supplications should I specify for sending blessings on you?” The Prophet answered, “It is up to you.” I (Ubayy) inquired, “A quarter of my supplications?” The Prophet further commented, “It is up to you, and if you dedicate more, it will be better for you.” I said, “Then, let it be two thirds of my supplications?” The Prophet repeated, “It is up to you, and if you dedicate more, it will be better for you.” Finally, I said, “Then, I will make all my supplications for you!” The Prophet said, “Then, you will be saved from worry and your sins will be forgiven” (At-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Al-Hakim).

Sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) makes one nearer to him on the Day of Resurrection, as the hadith states: “Those who are most deserving of me (my intercession) on the Day of Judgment are those who used to increasingly seek Allah’s Blessing for me” (At-Tirmidhi).

While in his grave, the Prophet answers those who send blessings on him. He said, “Whenever someone seeks Allah’s blessings for me, Allah returns the soul to my body until I reply to his salutation” (Abu Dawud).

There are angels responsible for extending to the Prophet the blessings we send on him. A hadith states, “There are angels wandering on earth who extend the greetings of my followers to me.”

-Sending blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) persistently will be a cause for enabling the servants of Allah to stand up and step rightly on As-Sirat (the Path over Hell) after they have been crawling on it. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared, “I saw one of my followers proceeding on As-Sirat; he sometimes crawled and sometimes hung onto it. Then the blessings he used to send to me enabled him to stand up and thus saved him.”

Sending blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) also makes one stop shaking while stepping on As-Sirat. In his hadith, the Prophet told us, “I saw a man of my followers shaking while on the Path just as a branch shakes. Then the blessings he used to send on me was the cause of him calming down.”

If one heralds his supplication by sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) he will have his supplication answered. This is one of the great virtues of sending blessings on the Prophet. An-Nasa’i reported that the Prophet heard a person making a supplication. The man praised Allah and then sent blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Hence the Prophet commented, “Just supplicate and you will be answered and will also be given what you seek.”

-Also, if a person starts his supplication and ends it with sending blessings upon the Prophet, his supplication is most likely to be answered.

-When a person sends blessings on the Prophet, the angels send blessings on that person, as the Prophet himself said, “Whoever sends blessings on me, the angels will keep on sending blessings on him as long as he keeps on his deed. Then, let everyone do according to his capacity.”

-Sending blessings on the Prophet is the least sign of gratitude we owe the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

Even performing greater acts will never fulfill his due right. However, we should do what we can as Allah orders.
-Sending blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) enhances one’s faith in Allah.
The Prophet receives the blessings we send him.
The Prophet commanded us to spare no efforts in supplicating. He said, “Send blessings on me, then be steadfast in supplicating and say, ‘O Allah! Send Your blessings on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad’.”
thanks to islamonline.net

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

jazakallah khairan kaseera akhi.very beneficial post.mau ALLAH give you ajar for sharing this with us!!

btw akhi the post is very conjusted!!it becomes hard to read one keeps on missing the lines:confused:could you plzz add appropriate spaces to it after every new topic:).....jazakallah khairan!!!