I reverted to Islam last Thursday

aless

Salaam

I am so happy to announce that last Thursday I took the big step and turned to Islam.

I met so many sisters at the local mosque who will be helping me through the transition of becomin a good muslim

I have still a lot of questions- especially about praying which is something that I would like to do five times a day but still not doing because I don't know how - I have websites that are helping me with the recital and the sisters at the mosque have showed me how to perform wudu and the movements for the prayer- I want to pray and I am feeling so bad that I am not praying - what should i do if I still don't feel confident enough and don't want to make mistakes

Also about the dress code, I've been wearing hijab out, at work and at uni - but would like to cover myself to the bottom with the Julbab (i think it's called!) do you think it's too soon?

Please any help is of great use!

InshaAllah I will be able to make all the changes soon

Allah has showed me the way MashaAllah I cannot explain in words my happyness

aless

Salaam

I am so happy to announce that last Thursday I took the big step and turned to Islam.

I met so many sisters at the local mosque who will be helping me through the transition of becomin a good muslim

I have still a lot of questions- especially about praying which is something that I would like to do five times a day but still not doing because I don't know how - I have websites that are helping me with the recital and the sisters at the mosque have showed me how to perform wudu and the movements for the prayer- I want to pray and I am feeling so bad that I am not praying - what should i do if I still don't feel confident enough and don't want to make mistakes

Also about the dress code, I've been wearing hijab out, at work and at uni - but would like to cover myself to the bottom with the Julbab (i think it's called!) do you think it's too soon?

Please any help is of great use!

InshaAllah I will be able to make all the changes soon

Allah has showed me the way MashaAllah I cannot explain in words my happyness

Sorry and I forgot to mention the most important thing - I started reading the Quran in English and reciting verses in Islamic with a sister,

...and I was invited to a class with newly converts and will be attending Islamic classes for beginners as well. All of this thanks to my local mosque mashaAllah

halah

Asslamu alaikum;

Allahu Akbar

Gongratulations dear sister,Alhamdulillah who guides you to right way.

May Allah bless you ,strengthen your faith and keep your heart firm on the straight path:tti_sister:

ahmed3711

congratulations sister 100000000000..... times very happy for you.
All the Islamic world are happy for you :)
to practice praying there is a good website shows you how to pray with animation (movement and voice) with english translation also i think you will like it alot inshalla

the link is :

http://www.howdoipray.com/howdoipray/Home/

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

What great news. May Allaah make it easy for you sister... If you need any help then you can always ask us.

Was-salaam

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa alaykumassalaam,
Allhu Akber!Allahu Akber!Allahu Akber!
MashaAllah sister,welcome to the deen.If you have any questions,you could ask us on this forum.

aless

I really don't have words to express how happy i am that the truth, the true way, the path of rightousness was shown to me

This is the most beautiful feeling in the whole world

InshaAllah I will learn and spread the word through good example

it is impossible to explain this fantastic experience in words but what consoles me is that my actions - practicing my duties - will be self-explanatory

my knowledge is small but i can see with new eyes - i was given new eyes!

many non believers cannot understand this, this puzzles me now - how can they not see! - having brothers and sisters to share knowledge about Islam is what will help me go faster through this process

so thank you to TTI for the guidance so far - this is a great website

binte-AkhlaqAhmd

LoVe AlLaH aLlWaYs..
:salam2:
MASHALLAH,ALHAMDULILLAH......Welcome to a true religion....n u know there is a dubble AJAR for u people....i dont rem the first AJAR but the second AJAR is for sabar....
bcoz mostly convertrs hav TO face some problems....n in any problem when u will do SABAR ALLAH will gives u a AJAR....:)INSHALLAH.....

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Allah hu Akbar Allah Hu Akbar masha Allah Congrates Sisters Congrates Welcome to the Family of 1.6 Billion and welcome to TTI. And Sister if u think u making mistakes during Namaz or any acts without intention and your intention is to do good, best but because of ignorance and lack of Knowledge, if u doing some mistake then insha Allah insah Allah DONT WORRY Sister carry on with ur Namaz and try to Improve more and more, as Allah IS MOST MERCYFULL MOST FORGIVING. Allah always c the intention behind our acts if ur intention is good and u r tring hard to learn and improve. As u in begining stage so u making mistakes then insha Allah no problem sister carry on insha Allah Allah will accept it insha Allah.

For ur Hijab Masha Allah if u wear it and if u think u have that much curage to make it then MASHA ALLAH MASHA ALLAH ITS VERY VERY GOOD, no Sister its nothing like too early for good deeds :) just some sisters delay as they cant gather that much courage to face the false world due to some reason though they have full intensions but sad due to some reason they are forced to delay but masha Allah its very very great that u doing right from now onwards Masha Allah it shows masha Allah ur fear, love towards Allah and ur courage to face your surrounding masha Allah.

Masha Beother ahmed3711 as given a very good link showing how u can offer namaz hope insha Allah it will help you. Sister pls feel free to ask any thing if u have any doubt in understand or follwing Islam with ALL UR BROTHERS/SISTERS HERE insha Allah we all will be happy to help u out to our best in the light of Quran and Sunnah insha Allah.

Masha Allah its really great to know that u have started reading Quran yeah Sister Quran is the ultimate source of guidance. May Allah help and make things eassy for u and accept all your deed and grand u Jannah. Ameen

Sister masha Allah u know the time u revert all ur bad is vanished and converted to good deed u like a new born babe with all good deeds. So Sister my humble request please make dwa for me.

These are my thinking with my little knowledge and understanding rest Allah knows the best pls do correct me if I m wrong for the sake of Allah. Jazak Allah.

Sister Once again many many heartly Congrates to you.

Allah Hafiz.

aless

thank you for your kind words

but please brothers and sisters let me know if I make any mistakes in my words on this site due to lack of knowledge as I have the feeling sometimes i say too much I am here to learn...

for example I have just read that "pronouncing the intention to pray is adible voice is a heresy and an illicit action" on http://www.jannah.com/learn/flashprayer1.html

and now i am worried because i actually said that to a sister as I wanted to be taught how to pray

I understand that I will make mistakes until I learn because I don't know any better ...

but how should I feel about making mistakes in the process of learning not to make mistakes anymore - is it inevitable? is it a test? is it a part of all the difficulties that I will encounter on the way? what if i make mistakes but there's nobody there to tell me that I am making a mistake - how long would i be making the mistake until i find out the right way to do things?

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
thank you for your kind words

but please brothers and sisters let me know if I make any mistakes in my words on this site due to lack of knowledge as I have the feeling sometimes i say too much I am here to learn...

for example I have just read that "pronouncing the intention to pray is adible voice is a heresy and an illicit action" on http://www.jannah.com/learn/flashprayer1.html

and now i am worried because i actually said that to a sister as I wanted to be taught how to pray

I understand that I will make mistakes until I learn because I don't know any better ...

but how should I feel about making mistakes in the process of learning not to make mistakes anymore - is it inevitable? is it a test? is it a part of all the difficulties that I will encounter on the way? what if i make mistakes but there's nobody there to tell me that I am making a mistake - how long would i be making the mistake until i find out the right way to do things?
Peace be upon you sister,

Don't worry about mistakes everyone commits them. As for this one its not a mistake but a misunderstanding actually. What is meant here by "PRONOUNCING THE INTENTION" is that saying it out loud before starting prayers i.e. like saying, "I intend to offer four rakats of prayer". This action of saying the intention out loud is a heresy because the prophet (PBUH) never taught us to do so.

Now making your intentions known to someone else that you want to learn prayers is absolutely fine infact its a must to learn it. So go ahead and learn and whenever you feel confused just let us know :)

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah glad to know about your thrist to improve and make things to the best. Sister there is no test or some thing like that, the only test is ur intention we should always have good intention "only for the sake of Allah' and Allah is all knowing he know what is in ur heart and what are ur intensions so just try to learn as much as u can and try to follow it as much as u can and try TO ASK AS MUCH U CAN ANY ANY DOUBT u have about and if u follow internet web sites be carefull with it as there are many FALSE website also. You will improve urself slowly slowly and as i have said u before also all is alforgive and most mercyful and he c's the intension just do your best and learn and try to follow it and make dua to Allah that he accept all ur Good deeds and forgive all ur bad deeds. Sister their are mainly Four Scholre muslims follow for the better understanding of Quran and Sunnah. So i dunno of which u following it. as for making intention what i know is just we make in our heart " I pray my (name of namaz) for the sake of Allah facing my face towards Kabah" this intention i do in my heart when i do and what i have read and listen with some scholers it say that u can say in ur heart " i m reading namaz for the sake of Allah" as some scholers says Allah Knows ur intension he is rehman and raheem most forgiving and most mercyful WHEN WE ARE DOING ANYTHING IN OUR IGNORANCE WITH INTENTION TO IMPROVEAND LEARN. yeah u will improve urself with ur knowledge and it is a step by step process insha Allah Allah will help u and accept u. Islam is a life long learning process I am muslim by birth and now i m 27 years but still learn a lot daily and try to improve my mistake i do in my daily life. Insha Allah knows our intension and he is most mercyful and most forgiving. insha Allah he will will accept us if we try to do all our acts in thinking to please Allah. This is just my thinking rest Allah knows the best and insha Allah here there are many many more knowladgeable Brothers/Sisters here and sure they will help u in much better way them me but please if u have any doubt or any question in ur way to Islam pls pls feel free to ask it is very important thing in way of learning insha Allah. Please make dwa for me.

May Allah help and make things easy for you. Ameen.

http://www.abdurrahman.org/index.html it is one of the good site u can learn insah Allah if u following net to learn.

Allah Hafiz

cmelbouzaidi

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

Congratulations dear sister and welcome to the True Religion :) I am a revert too for many years now and I am still learning every day. :ma: you are wearing hijab to work and university already, this is really good, sister. The prayers will take some time to memorize by heart in Arabic, I used to keep my little prayer book that I got at the mosque in Dublin beside me on my prayer mat and read from it as I performed the prayer until I was comfortable to pray without it. As far as the dress code goes, you are already wearing hijab and so this probably means you are wearing loose-fitting clothing aswell, only showing hands and face. I am sure it is easy to find jilbabs and abayas in London and they are very nice and practical to wear so I don't think it's too early to look into getting some if you feel like it:)

The very best to you and may Allah reward you with Paradise, my sister. Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.

Your sister in Islam,

Catherine Iman

:wasalam:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

Great news!!!

Allah Akber!!!

welcome to Islam

May Allah bless you and keep you on the straight path

peace.

sumaya_02

proud muslimah
alllahu akbar
masha'allah sister alhamdulillah allah has shown u the true religon may allah increase ur knowledge
:wasalam: