If allah created earth in 6 days...

Islam!!yay

then why do geologists say that it took 3 billion years for the earth to form ..evidences based on ancient rocks and some other stuff .

I know some of you people might think ((why should we listen the non-believers ?))

well allah has made everything around us understandable through science...and science says that it took 3 billion years for earth to form .

Could there be another meaning ?

abuadam

then why do geologists say that it took 3 billion years for the earth to form ..evidences based on ancient rocks and some other stuff .

I know some of you people might think ((why should we listen the non-believers ?))

well allah has made everything around us understandable through science...and science says that it took 3 billion years for earth to form .

"Days" was the closest meaning to the Arabic word. Earlier mufassir translate it as days, contemporary mufassir argue that the 'days' can actually means period, cycle, time etc.

A period could well be a billion years earth time. Remember time is also creation (makhluk) and Allah SWT is not bound to the rule of his creation i.e. time-space continuum. Allahua'lam.

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
"Days" was the closest meaning to the Arabic word. Earlier mufassir translate it as days, contemporary mufassir argue that the 'days' can actually means period, cycle, time etc.

A period could well be a billion years earth time. Remember time is also creation (makhluk) and Allah SWT is not bound to the rule of his creation i.e. time-space continuum. Allahua'lam.

Plus days could mean different things in different parts of the universe. I mean, a day on one planet could be a trillion days on another planet. Maybe it took 6 days in Heaven Standard Time?

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

The Qur'an states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54).

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

If we follow the scientific evidence of geologist it is not hard to believe in 6 days like it stated in Quran. As we know the Quran is the truth! Above I gave information about a yaum. And in the infomation it mentions era which is a series of years less than a eon and a eon is equivalent to about a billion years. So following those accumlations we are right on track. :) Inshallah this answers your question.

(70:4) Surat Al Ma'Arjj

"To him ascend the angels and the spirit in a period of time (yaum), whereof the measure is fifty thousand years."

(22:47) Surat Al Hajj

"And they ask you to hasten the chaistisement, and GOD never changes His promise, and surely a day with your Lord is as one thousand years of your numbering."
:hearts:

khalidvaltrans

The Qur'an states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54).

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

If we follow the scientific evidence of geologist it is not hard to believe in 6 days like it stated in Quran. As we know the Quran is the truth! Above I gave information about a yaum. And in the infomation it mentions era which is a series of years less than a eon and a eon is equivalent to about a billion years. So following those accumlations we are right on track. :) Inshallah this answers your question.

(70:4) Surat Al Ma'Arjj

"To him ascend the angels and the spirit in a period of time (yaum), whereof the measure is fifty thousand years."

(22:47) Surat Al Hajj

"And they ask you to hasten the chaistisement, and GOD never changes His promise, and surely a day with your Lord is as one thousand years of your numbering."
:hearts:

:salam2: sister jazakallah kheran kasira.

Achmat_Samsodien

Jazakallah Khairan for the post :)
The Qur'aan proves science, science doesn't prove the Qur'aan

This post brings up another thing which I find very disturbing among christian people. Has anyone seen Christians are claiming the world is only 6000 years old??? This knowledge is with Allah and Allah alone but they think that the bible is really evidence to this. Though they are fighting evolutionists their argument cannot hold any water as the bible has too many contradictions and is not valid as a source for religious arguments.
What I'm getting at is, The Qur'aan has everything in it and the only book of Allah that is not distorted.

MAY Allah keep showing us the right way Insha Allah

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Have a look at the link a lecture by Dr. Zakir Naik insha Allah it will clear ur doubt in brief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIdg51woug&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZs6MpIUhAQ&feature=related

Allah Hafiz.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Do you know what the biggest single finding in all of scientific history is!a fact that even Einstein doubted at the beginning but then he had to admit!i ll let you guess and tell me afterwards inshallah...i think the brothers already answered your initial question my dear brother and of course islam is yaaaaaaaaaaay the bomb bb believe it or not these are no tales so keep smiling and searching bob catch ya later inshallah!:)
wassalaam
jameel

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Jazakallah Khairan for the post :)

Salam Alaikum Achmat

This is very a very true statement. The Quran is the only truth. The thing is we cannot take everything literally. Some ayah you have to research for a better understanding the same in the instance. :) or you can confuse yourself. It was written so beautifully, mashallah. The Quran proves everything.

This post brings up another thing which I find very disturbing among christian people. Has anyone seen Christians are claiming the world is only 6000 years old??? This knowledge is with Allah and Allah alone but they think that the bible is really evidence to this. Though they are fighting evolutionists their argument cannot hold any water as the bible has too many contradictions and is not valid as a source for religious arguments.
What I'm getting at is, The Qur'aan has everything in it and the only book of Allah that is not distorted.

MAY Allah keep showing us the right way Insha Allah

Salam Alaikum Achmat

I have heard about this. But in the bible it doesnt say the exact period of time either to my understanding. It is over prescribed periods of time as well. But some chirstains have tried to add up the ages in the bible and speculate the age of the earth based on that. But I believe that is not what is in the bible but rather peoples doing like some muslims trying to get into counting things in Quran to justify things that were not written that way. But even when they counted they only got 6,000 years and that is it. All I can say it Wow :)LOL I think they should worry about other bases to the religion verses how old it is because they have some bigger issues than that.:girl3:

Salam Amirah80:hijabi:

Islam!!yay

Well actually it could work both ways ...

such as ....in the real world science says that we got some of our water and iron from comets ...and this is actually mentioned in the quran that ...things fallen from the sky will benefit mankind or something like that (( I hope someone can bring that verse here inshallah )) so you see quran proves science and science proves that the quran is truely the word of god :)

hope you know what i mean

Alexander Reza

I think God created everything in the physical universe in 6 days(all matter), but it took billions and billions of years for earth to cool off and sustain life under Gods choice.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:dear brother take a look at this vid inshallah it should give some clues about the magnitude of this deen don t be fooled bu pseudo atheist scientists they don t wanna believe the evidence is clear and it tolerates no challenge, it puts indisputable facts forward ,not need to philosophize any longer time is running fast, you can not make the blind see and no one is more deaf than he who doesn t wanna listen ,this deen is a grace period.

[yt]prNdIGq8gAU[/yt]

wassalaam
jameel