If you could meet the Prophet, what would you do…?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:wasalam: wa rahmathullaahi wa barakaatuhu, jazakumullaahu khairan for sharing that hadeeth. May Allaah reward you for the love you have for His messenger :saw2:

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

Ameen for your kind duas

May Allah reword you too for your love for Him, our beloved Resulallah s.a.w.s, and His religion Islam. Ameen summa ameen

Jazzak Allah khair for your usefull thread and great remainder for all of us

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

azmirush

IF I were to meet Rasullullah salallah alaihi wassalam, I would request for the unity of ummah. I was told that Allah subha nahu taala did not grant his wishes on that. But I hope it's not too much asking for him to get Allah to approve on that. Re-appeal. To see muslims fighting and killing each other and different sects that we have now is frustrating. If only we all could remain as one.

Correct me if I'm wrong brothers and sisters.

weakslave

IF I were to meet Rasullullah salallah alaihi wassalam, I would request for the unity of ummah. I was told that Allah subha nahu taala did not grant his wishes on that. But I hope it's not too much asking for him to get Allah to approve on that. Re-appeal. To see muslims fighting and killing each other and different sects that we have now is frustrating. If only we all could remain as one.

Correct me if I'm wrong brothers and sisters.

Well, to me this is wrong :)

I see some in here asking the Prophet :saw:, yet.. the prophet :saw: cannot give or take anything. Even if he was alive, he would be of no benefit to you if Allaah did not will it for you/us.

The famous verse in the Quraan (the interpretation of the meaning): "And if my slaves ask you [O Muhammad] about Me, then I am near and I answer the supplication of the one who is supplicant..." You see the amazing thing in this verse, Allaah did not say the "supplication of the slave", He said "supplication of the one who is supplicant". If you want you ask. Who do you ask? Allaah, and Allaah only.

I am going to share a little story with you, this happened to me several months ago...

We had our local Sheikh giving Khutab on the Seerah (life of the Prophet). Everyday I would think of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and I just wished I would see him in my dreams just once. And this thought kept turning inside my head and I couldn't let go of it, I wanted to see the Prophet :saw:, I wanted him to guide me and to give me advise.

Then one day I was lying in bed, thinking oh how I wish I could see the Prophet :saw: now so that he could guide me, while I was tossing and turning in bed. Then suddenly I shot up from my bed with my eyes wide open, and I said to myself "Astaghfirullaah!" several times. This neglect of the Mercy and the Power of Allaah subhanahu wa-Ta'ala and this incorrect mentality of asking help from the Prophet had led me into the wrong mindset. I realized that moment that what I had been asking for and what I had been doing is not what Allaah, my Master, would have liked of me, His weak slave.

And whats more amazing is that all my life I had known this. All my life I had been taught and learned to ask only of Allaah and no one else, and yet.. Shaytaan managed to find a way to have me trick myself into what was undoubtedly shirk. From that day onwards, I pay close attention to my requests and my intentions and only ask of Allaah Subhanahu wa-Ta'ala, followed by the prayer on Muhammad :saw: (Allaahumma Salli 'Alaa Muhammad). Because I realized in the end, that if it was going to be beneficial for me to see the Prophet Muhammad :saw: in a dream, then I was going to see him. And if it wouldn't be beneficial for me then I will not.

Subhana Allaahi wa-bihamdih, Subhana Allaahi al-'Atheem.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us: “When the Day of Resurrection comes, the people will surge with each other like waves. They will come to Adam and say, ‘Intercede for us with your Lord.’ He will say, ‘I am not fit for that. Go to Ibraaheem for he is the Close Friend of the Most Merciful.’ So they will go to Ibraaheem, but he will say, ‘I am not fit for that. Go to Moosa for he is the one to whom Allaah spoke directly.’ So they will go to Moosa but he will say, ‘I am not fit for that. Go to ‘Eesa for he is a soul created by Allaah and His Word.’ So they will go to ‘Eesa but he will say, ‘I am not fit for that. Go to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ So they will come to me and I will say, I am fit for that.’ Then I will ask my Lord for permission and He will give me permission, and He will inspire me with words of praise with which I will praise Him, words that I do not know now. So I will praise Him with those words of praise and I will fall down prostrate before Him. He will say, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head. Speak and intercession will be granted to you, ask and you will be given, intercede and your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, my ummah, my ummah!’ He will say, ‘Go and bring forth everyone in whose heart there is faith the weight of a barley-grain.’ So I will go and do that. Then I will come back and praise Him with those words of praise and I will fall down prostrate before Him. He will say, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head. Speak and intercession will be granted to you, ask and you will be given, intercede and your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, my ummah, my ummah!’ He will say, ‘Go and bring forth everyone in whose heart there is faith the weight of a small ant or a mustard-seed.’ So I will go and do that. Then I will come back and praise Him with those words of praise and I will fall down prostrate before Him. He will say, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head. Speak and intercession will be granted to you, ask and you will be given, intercede and your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, my ummah, my ummah!’ He will say, ‘Go and bring forth from the Fire everyone in whose heart there is faith the weight of the lightest, lightest grain of mustard-seed.’ So I will go and bring them forth.”

When we left Anas I [the narrator of the hadeeth] said to some of our companions, “Why don’t we go to al-Hasan, who is hiding in the house of Abu Khaleefah, and tell him what Anas ibn Maalik has told us?” So we went to him, greeted him with salaam and he gave us permission to enter. Then we said, “O Abu Sa’eed, we have come to you from your brother Anas ibn Maalik, and we have never heard anything like what he narrated to us about intercession.” He said, “Tell me.” So we narrated the hadeeth to him and we came to this point and he said, “Keep going.” We said, “He did not tell us any more.” He said, “He told me this hadeeth when he was a young man, twenty years ago. I do not know if he forgot or if he did not want to let you depend on what he might have said. We said, “O Abu Sa’eed, tell us.” He smiled and said, “ Man was created hasty. I only mentioned that because I wanted to inform you of it. Anas told me the same as he told you, and said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) added: “Then I will come back a fourth time and praise Him with those words of praise and I will fall down prostrate before Him. He will say, ‘O Muhammad, raise your head. Speak and intercession will be granted to you, ask and you will be given, intercede and your intercession will be accepted.’ I will say, ‘O Lord, give me permission (to bring forth) all those who said Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah.’ He will say, ‘By My Might, My Majesty, My Supremacy and My Greatness, I will most certainly bring forth from it those who said Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah.’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7510)

can u plz elaborate this hadith in more depth...

as there is one Muslim who has been pious and lived his life on high level of tqwa and there is another Muslim who never prayed , how can be both equal on the day of judgment...
as both have said kalma..
plz clarify..