"I'm not a Scholar" -Abdul Hasib al Hasan

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh dear brothers and sisters. It's been TOO MUCH of a long time since I've came back on TTI (trust me, if you want to finish memorizing the Quran in under a year, you have to get off of Facebook and MSN), and Inshallah Ta Alla, I'll stay here from now on (I've finished memorizing 17 Para/Juz' and only have 13 left before Ramadan).

I just wanted to give an important message to brothers and sisters (and especially the moderators):

I (Abdul Hasib al Hasan) am in NO WAY trying to present myself as a Scholar/Mufti. Many of my posts might sound like as if I'm issueing a Fatwa (because I might qoute Ayaat of Quran, Hadith with References, and Opinions/Commentaries by Scholars), but rest assured, I am NOT trying to issue any Fatwa, nor do I think that I am an Alim or Mufti.

The reason why I'm saying this is because a few months ago, I made a post about the beard. And since I did the above (quoted Hadith with references, and stated opinions by various Scholars), one of the moderators (a sister) spoke about me in a harsh manner.

The way that she spoke about me let me understand that she was accusing me of considering myself to be a "Mufti" because I tried to refer from Ahaadith, Ayaat, and Opinions by Mujtahideen/Fuqahaa.

And so for that reason, I made this post (which INSHALLAH TA 'AALA will NOT get deleted) so that Moderators can understand that I am not trying to be a "Bigshot, Self-Acclaimed, LAPTOP Mufti," nor do I see myself as being one.

And Please do not delete this thread (Moderators), and please do not comment (anyone), because this thread isn't a discussion, it's just a misconception about myself that I am trying to clear up.

And Allah (SWT) knows best.

P.S.-If any moderator has any questions, comments, or desire to delete this thread, please PM me and discuss any issues with this post BEFORE deleting it. -That would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Abdul Hasib al Hasan