Imprtant pleaze answer mothers day , fathers day , birth day haram?

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life
ASalam Aleikum

mothers day , fathers day , birth day haram?

i once went to a lectures and i ask that same question, the sheikh said that mothers day, fathers day and birth days is not permissible for this is an invention by the kufars (disbelives) this is not the sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammed (SAW).

why NOT celebrate Mothers day/fathers day?

A Muslim child should respect and appreciate our parents on a daily basis. Allaah mentions that human beings must recognise their parents and that this is second only to the recognition of Allaah Himself. Throughout the Quran, we notice that parents are mentioned with appreciation and respect, even if they are senile. In the Quran, there is a very beautiful description of how parents are to be treated;
Allaah Says (what means): "And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as] 'uff' [i.e., an expression of irritation or disapproval] and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word. And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say: 'My Lord! Have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small.'" [Quran 17:23-24]

As muslims we praise our parent everyday we think of them ever day we show how much we love them everyday, not once a year like the disbelives, why not give the the same treatment every single day instead of one day a year. we respect our parent and love them as allah said.

Birthdays celebration?

As far as I know birthdays are something which would be considered innovation.
Prophet Mohammed(saw) said every innovation is an error.
As far as my knowledge it is Sunnah to do certain things only when a child is first born.
(Quran 6:162) My Prayers and my worship, my life and my death, are all for Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
(Quran 50:39) And celebrate the praises of Your Lord before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting.
Chewing a date and placing some in the babies mouth mixed with the salivia while doing Tahnik. Bukhari Vol7 book 66 number 378
Utter the call to prayer in the ear, Adhan. dawud book 41 number 5086
The Messenger of Allah(saw) said: "In the case of a boy, two goats, and in the case of a girl, one goat(should be sacrificed). Tirmidhi, Mishkat
Also, I know of a hadith which says it is sunnah to shave the babies hair and donate the weight in silver for the needy.
As far as birthday traditions they stem from Pagans. We should not behave like one of them lest we become one of them.

There are hadiths which says that Prophet Mohammed(saw) would accept gifts and give a gift back on return. This was not on any "special day". There is also a hadith which says it is good to give gifts and we need not have an excuse.
So, I would say if your not giving a gift on the persons birthday but as way of being nice to the person it is permitted. Just do not celebrate the person.

I hope this answers your question, may Allah reward you....Ameen
I pray that Allah helps all of the ummah inchallah.....Ameen

SALAM ALL.