In Need Of Assistance!

Muawiyah

:salam2:

Brothers And Sisters Of TTI!

I am in need of your assistance. You see, in school, i have started a discussion with a shia student. And he had said there was a hadith.
I will try get the page reference and quote for you but he said
the Prophet(SAW) had said," Whoevers master i am, Ali is also his master"
He thinks in the whole of the Sahih Bukhari, if this is ignored then maybe its possible the other hadiths could be ignored.

He thinks thats one reason Ali (radiyallahu anh) should have been the first khalifa.

But i thought to myself, the prophet didnt mention that he was to be the khalifa. He only said that.

But i come to you in need of correct information.

Please. Can someobody elaborate on this for me?

:wasalam:

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:

I can't answer your question unfortunately, but I can give you the benfit of my experiences. My friend is Shia and we've agreed not to argue about the Caliphs anymore. It happened hundreds of years ago and we're all Muslim at the end of the day. Having said that, some of the things she has said are really disturbing so I would advise you to take everything with a pich of salt, regardless of who says it - Sunni, Shia... anyone. Do your own research, come to your own conclusions and decide for yourself. Mashallah you seem to be doing this anyway, stay strong