Intention in Salaat?

OmarFarooq

:salam2:

can somebody tell me about intention in salaat, for example whether you say it or just have it, i am really confused? i need help :confused:

dianne

Assalamualaikum brother,

The following things will help you, InsyaAllah, keep your concentration while praying:

1. Intention should be in the heart. That is the real place of intention. Intend that you are praying to Allah Almighty and only for His sake. Focus on the nature of the prayer you are making. Is it an obligatory prayer or a supererogatory one? Are you praying Fajr, Zuhr, `Asr, Maghrib or `Isha’ and any other prayer? How many prayer units or rak`hs you intend to pray and whether you are praying alone or with the congregation? The clearer you are in your intention, the better will be your attention and concentration.

2. Perform your prayers on their appointed times without delay.

3. Perform your prayer according to the sunnah of the Prophet saw.

4. Stand upright. Keep your eyes open and look at the place of your prostration or sujud while your are standing. In bowing or ruku` look at your feet, in sujud towards the floor and in the sitting position at your lap or your hands.

5. Do not play with your hands and do not rub your face, body or clothes. Be as quiet and still as possible.

6. Think yourself in the Presence of Allah and Allah is facing you.

7. Do not rush your prayers (i.e., to perform your prayers in haste). Rather, you ought to perform every part of your prayer with care and in a relaxed manner.

8. Recite the words carefully. Pay attention to what you are saying. You should learn the meaning of various supplications or du`a’s in prayer.
also recite wirid,ayatul kursi,selawat rasul saw after perform (my practise)
u can view this website -
http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray4

9. Implore Allah earnestly to help you in your prayers and to accept your prayers. The Prophet saw used to say, "Allahumma a`inni `ala dhikrika wa shukrika wa husn `ibadatika (O Allah help me in remembering You, in thanking You and in worshipping You in the best way).”

10. Finally, remember that haram food, haram income and sins take away the joy and concentration in prayer. Keep yourself pure and clean as much as you can.”

May Allah guide you to the Straight Path, and direct you to that which pleases Him, Amin.

Allah Almighty knows best.

wassalam

Undertaker

Assalamualaikum brother,

The following things will help you, InsyaAllah, keep your concentration while praying:

1. Intention should be in the heart. That is the real place of intention. Intend that you are praying to Allah Almighty and only for His sake. Focus on the nature of the prayer you are making. Is it an obligatory prayer or a supererogatory one? Are you praying Fajr, Zuhr, `Asr, Maghrib or `Isha’ and any other prayer? How many prayer units or rak`hs you intend to pray and whether you are praying alone or with the congregation? The clearer you are in your intention, the better will be your attention and concentration.
There is no need of such things,just intend in hear that you are are offering this prayer for sake of Allah.There is no need of saying any words,even in heart.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakatuhu

Indeed, there is no need to say your intention or Niyyah out loud. To do so is an act of Bid'ah (Innovation).

From the many Bid'ah in worship are the following: To converse the Niyyah (intention). It is a very common practice to converse the niyyah in preparation for prayer, like the saying “I intend to pray for Allah such and such rakah…” This act is a Bid'ah, for intention is a matter of the heart and not the tongue and moreover it has no proof from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. Rather, Allah says: “Say: 'Will you inform Allah about your religion? While Allah knows all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth and Allah is all-Aware of everything.” [(49): 16]

Taken from Ahya.org

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
Intention

Masha Allah, sister Hur. beautiful answer, i agree with you 100%

It's known by nessecity in Islam that worship (ibadah) is restricted to text. (ie. you can only worship Allah the way Allah and His messenger have showed us, or told us- in Quran or Hadith)

eg. We can not pray Salah the way we want to rather the messenger of Allah (pbuh) said "pray as you see me pray" (Bukhari)

and there is no evidence from the Quran or Sunnah that the messenger of Allah or the companions read out thier intentions loudly. and the messenger of Allah is the best example for us to follow (uswath ul hasana).

"In the messenger of Allah is the best example for you to follow.." (Quran)

The only act of ibadah where the intention is not only spoken out but said loudly is at Hajj- when the pillgrims say "Labbaik Allah humma labbaik.." (We are here O Allah...)

And Allah Know Best

:ma: Sister Hur may Allh reward you immensly for your answer!