intention in salaat

MOSABJA

My question is regarding intention in salaat.I know that making it verbally not necessary and even bidah.

But what exactly defines intention.I mean I know that I am going to pray lets say 2 rakahs of fajr I know I am doing it for Allah .now if I just start the salaat my intention should automatically be made.

OR

do I have to pause a bit before salaah and say in my heart that I am praying such and such salaat for allah .

revert2007

Love Fishing
Before beginning the Prayer, the worshiper must have the​
proper intention to pray. He
should say in his heart his intention to pray a particular Prayer and how many rak‘ahs he
will pray.

(
Intention is connected to knowledge. If a person knows what he is doing then he has obviously made an intention)

MOSABJA

( [/COLOR][/FONT]Intention is connected to knowledge. If a person knows what he is doing then he has obviously made an intention)[/LEFT]

thats the point.I mean if I know I am praying such and such rakaah.I am doing it for Allah then intention is made.Then there is no need for pronouncing some sort of words (verbally of by heart) ,

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
when u intent to eat food or take bath, u dont say it verbally or in the heart..right?

similarly, when u r making wudu and planning to pray u have intention to pray so so fard of so so prayer.

but to avoid shaitan's actions and confusions, u can make up in heart that u r goin to pray fard/nafl of fajr/other salah. it just takes a moment.