Introducing Myself

UmmuNur

Assalamu Alaykum

My name is Hatija, i live in Chicago. I am married and have a daughter Nur. I am originaly from Bosnia, came to US 11 years ago. I was born into muslim Family but my parents are not practicing Muslims, so in my teenage years I started learning more about Islam and I started practicing more.

That's all,

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Sister UmmuNur

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Welcome!

Wa Alaikum Salam, Sister Hatija - Welcome to the TTI.com community! =)

That is interesting to hear you are originally from Bosnia. My older half-brother served in the NATO peacekeeping troops that were sent to Bosnia about 5 year ago. I haven't seen much from the Bosnian-Muslim perspective on this website yet - perhaps you've been guided to us by Allah so that we might better know that situation? I'd be honored if you would share some stories/history regarding this.

InshaAllah you will find this website a wonderful tool on your quest further into the beauty of Islam, and our forum community helpful and tolerant. =) Please feel free and welcome to join in on any of the discussions with your perspective or any questions you might want answered. We have many very knowledgable and kindhearted members, eager to serve Allah's will.

Again welcome to the online international Islamic community, Sister! =)

Brother Ahmed

UmmuNur

Assalamu alaykum,

Jazakallah Khayr for warm welcome. I really enjoy this site and I hope that I can help in any way I can. I would like to inform people about Bosnia and Bosnian muslims. Many people are not informed about what has happened there and what is happening right now, so i will try to bring some information on that. My only problem is that I am really busy with my school that it is really hard for me to find time to do more, but inshaAllah I will try. Once again, May Allah reward you for all the work that you do on this website.

Assalamu alaykum,

Sister UmmuNur

Saifuddin

Salam

Assalammualaikum
salam Ukhwah.
May Allah protect and guide us to be good muslim muslimat. I am waiting your story about Bosnia in several aspect such as, economy, politic,education,busiess, industry and Islam movement there.
could you explain it roughly

Saifuddin

Bosnian in Malaysia

many Bosnian are staying in Malaysia now. Some of them married with Malay guy such as Ustaz (Mualim) Wan Sohor Bani Leman who served as Mualim in Bosnian during the war season last time. He married with bosnian woman and now stay di Malaysia, have son and daugther.

UmmuNur

About Bosnia

Well, Just a short introduction maybe about Bosnian Muslims. Bosnian people are Slavic people, like Pols, Serbs, Croatian, Slovenes, and others. First time that Bosnia is mentioned as a state was in Tenth century A.D. and it was mentioned as a state and most of its inhabitatns were Bogumils. These were people who worshiped one God but were not christians. Because they lived in a majority of Christian region they were being forced to turn to christianity but they never did. When Otomans came to this region in 1500's all of Bogumils became Muslim. It is recorder that in one day in city of Yayce, 30000 people converted to Islam. During Ottoman Empire Muslims in Bosnia lived decently. They had power, they were educated, they owned land, and were majority of population. In 1875 Bosnia was annexed by Austro Hungary. In about 6 years after they came to Bosnia many things changed. They changed the writing from arabic script to latin script, and therefore 75% of muslims became illiterate. They changed laws from Turkish and bosnian language into German, therefore all techers, profesors, all professionals came from other parts of Austro hungary, and they were not Muslims. A lot of people run away from this non muslim country, they went to Turkey and Middle East. It is estimated that there is more than 4 million Bosnian Muslims living in Turkey today. After Austro hungary Bosnia became part of Kingdom of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs, as you can see no Muslims, no Bosnians. During the First and Second world wars, thousands and thousands of Muslims were killed by Serbs and Croats in Bosnia. It is estimated that at least 15% of Population was killed. After WW2 Bosnia became a part of Yugoslavia. It was Communist country so religion was forbidden and those who did practice were not allowed to do anything, and if they tried to do something they were either imprisoned or killed.
In 1992 Serbia and Montenegro, and Sebs from Bosnia started a genocide over Muslims Polulation in Bosnia. They killed 250000 muslim people. I think they wanted to just kill us all. But alhadulillah, with Allah's help, they did not. We fought back and we almost won. I will talk about the war some other time. Now alhamdulillah there are muslims in Bosnia, about 2 million Muslims living there. We are still trying to rebuild after the war. Trying to rebuild economy, infrastructure, houses, mosques (they destroyed 80% of Bosnian Mosques).
That's it for now. I will try to write an article or to find some articles about Bosnia in English.

Assalamu alaykum
Sister UmmuNur

Kayote

Assalam u Aliekum,

UmmNur, thankyou for the introduction.

I was totally ignorant about Bosnia & only knew it as a muslim majority state with a terrible & brutal history of crimes against Bosnians.

Cant wait to find out more detail. :D

WaAliekum Assalam