Introducing Myself

rtbour

american muslima
:SMILY139:Asalaamu Alaikum everyone! I have been looking around on here for about a week now and even asked a question which was very generously answered by a lot of you (thanks for that!), so I really think that I should introduce myself. I come from a broken christian background. I tried being really close to God through Christianity a few times, but every single time, I found a lot of hypocrisy in the Christians around me who were supposed to be very strong in their religion. I also had a lot of questions that no one could answer. I knew I needed to look somewhere else, but I didn't know where to look. There are a lot of other religions, you know? Eventually, I met a man from Jordan, who is a muslim, and now my husband. As I was unsure about religion, or where to look to find God, I thought I would read into his religion, Islam. I read the Qur'an and a couple books about Islam, and it seemed to me to be a pretty good religion overall. I just had one problem, which was with the inequality between men and women. I asked about that on this website, and because of the wonderful answers I was given, I now have no doubts that Islam is the way to go. I still have a lot to learn, and have not converted to Islam yet, but I am on my way there. I also want to thank everyone who responded to my question, because you have helped me so much! I love this website, and plan to stick around for awhile! Thanks!
Ma Salaama!

aishah_2304m

peace lover
walaikyumaslam wr wb sister rtbour.....dats :ma: ver gud dat ur havin a comparative study f da religions...dis itself s a blessin frm da creator :)..may Allah guide u ameen:tti_sister: ...as ur in da process f xplorin da religion f peace u might hav sum queries so feel free 2 ask....n ll try n solve insha Allah! once again :SMILY206:
tc sister..peace!

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Salamo Alikom dear sister,
Welcome to TTI family.
I hope you find always all the aswers you are looking for.
May Allah guide you to his path.
Salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
welcome sis...........
keezjc.gif
.. to the family:D
. inshallah you find your stay here at TTI beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.
PS. your part of the familly now, make us proud :lol:
wasalam

habib786

welcome sister to TTI family ....... alhumdurillah .. brothers and sisters could be of help you in answering your questions ....... this is a very informative web-site and inshallah in the future too you will benefit from this forum ......... there are couple of very knowledgable person in this TTI family .......... May Allah have mercy on you and guide you .....

jazakallahu khairan

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Salam sister Rtbour

It is so lovely to see the way u talk about our religion. i hoop u and ur husband nothing but the best, and I'm looking forwards to hearing from u that u took the sahada, when ur ready:) insh'allah.

nadya

romanian muslimah
as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
:SMILY206: to TTI, inshaAllah you’ll have a pleasant and long stay sister
rose1.gif