is dancing okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammadin

:salam2:

well...
i hope ppl dont mind me asking so many questions :rolleyes:

anyways.. i was just wondering that if a husband wants his wife to dance wid him in their own room.. is okay?

And also..
if a person dances considering it exercise.. is okay?

aisha.x.20

:salam2:

well i should think so (or im hoping so lol!).....i dunno the truth...no proof...but as long as its in private..well for ourself then its ok.

I hope its not haraam or owt...i get a buzz outta dancin! i dance more than i cook/clean! oops no point in mentioning that!

well people giv us proof please! i wanna know now 2!
:wasalam:

saffanah

speak good or silent
With regard to dancing, it is not permissible in front of men, non-mahrams, mahrams or women, because of the fitnah that may be caused by the movements of the body. It is well known that women may feel desire for one another, and even if that is not the case, there is no guarantee that one of them will not go back to her menfolk and describe to them what she has seen of the beauty of the dancer and her movement, so this may affect the men and may cause a great deal of mischief. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade such things.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should look at another woman then describe her to her husband so that it is as if he can see her.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4839.

In the early days the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) allowed effeminate men to enter upon woman, but when he saw one of them describing women and disclosing their secrets, he forbade them from doing that.

It was narrated from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her): The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon me and there was an effeminate man with me. I heard him say to ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Umayyah, “O ‘Abd-Allaah, if Allaah should enable you to conquer al-Taa’if tomorrow you should look for the daughter of Ghaylaan…” then he described her. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “These people should not enter upon you.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3980; Muslim, 4048.

The alluring movements of a woman are part of her ‘awrah, and it is not permissible for her to show them to anyone but her husband.

islam Q&A
for complete fatwa, visit this: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9290/dancing in front of husband

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Jazakallah khair for the fatwa I think it explains everything and no further discussion is needed on this subject ,also it was discussed before ,please you the search engine on this site to find more information

The thread is closed

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.