Is Eid Prayer Fardh-Obligatory?

abuayesha

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmathullah

There are some scholars, I mean Aalim, claim the Eid Prayers are Fardh-Obligatory while some claim it is sunnah.

The ones who say Fardh quote that the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam allowed the Muslims to skip Jum'ah prayer provided the Eid falls on a Friday. That means the one who participated in Eid prayers is allowed to keep away from Jum'ah prayer if he so wish.

The ones who say Sunnah simply say it is sunnah.

Dear Brothers and Sisters, post your opinions based on Al-Qur'an and Al-Ahadith. Please open a debate avoiding cut and paste.

Thank you
Wassalaam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum wa ramutuallahi brother this is an interesting debate i was looking for a hadith to support my opinion and i found a hadith is it ok if i paste it?

well my opinion from what i have heard and gathered is that Eid prayers are Fardh and it is an obligation of the whole community of muslims to attend and through research i have found that if missed it should be made up after the sermon..

shall i post the hadiths that i found up its from an islamic website???????

wa salam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Well here they are it seems your not online for a reply..

The basic principle concerning that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “When you come to the prayer, walk in a tranquil and dignified manner, and whatever you catch up with, pray, and whatever you miss, make it up.”

and also eid prayers made up by companions..

It was narrated from Anas that if he missed the Eid prayer with the imam, he would gather his family and freed slaves, then his freed slave ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi ‘Utbah would stand up and lead them in praying two rak’ahs in which he would say the takbeers.

www.islamqa.com

wa salam hope to hear your opinions,:hijabi:

abuayesha

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmathullah

Dear Brothers and Sisters, post your opinions based on Al-Qur'an and Al-Ahadith. Please open a debate avoiding cut and paste.

:wasalam:

I came across some threads where some of our brothers and sisters just posted a web address without any comments. That is why I asked everyone not to cut and paste.

It will not help, in my opinion, us to enhance our knowledge. When seeking knowledge we shouldn't be ashamed of anything. Knowledge is a valuable property lost by Muslims. It should be regained. For that we should discuss and debate. Of course, the discussions and debates should be sealed with the support of Al-Qur'an and the Authentic Ahadith.

Wassalaam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I came across some threads where some of our brothers and sisters just posted a web address without any comments. That is why I asked everyone not to cut and paste.

It will not help, in my opinion, us to enhance our knowledge. When seeking knowledge we should be ashamed of anything. Knowledge is a valuable property lost by Muslims. It should be regained. For that we should discuss and debate. Of course, the discussions and debates should be sealed with the support of Al-Qur'an and the Authentic Ahadith.

Wassalaam

Asalamu alaykum

I agree brother through debating inshallah we can all learn from eachother and also learn new things but it is also important to have a source as you said from hadith and quran and through reading the chapter on prayers in hadith i found that Eid prayer is compulsury and is a obligation on the community at large i would like to hear your point of view???:hijabi:

Wa salam

abuayesha

Asalamu alaykum

I agree brother through debating inshallah we can all learn from eachother and also learn new things but it is also important to have a source as you said from hadith and quran and through reading the chapter on prayers in hadith i found that Eid prayer is compulsury and is a obligation on the community at large i would like to hear your point of view???:hijabi:

Wa salam

Yes, indeed, it is FARDH.

Allaah knows the best.

Wassalaam