Is it haram for a woman to sing?

amira87

I love Allah
What if I sang in my house with just me or my sister around and nobody else........hmmmmmm. I love to sing.........you got problem with that!

just kiddin

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

LoL No problem with that as I like singing too especially when I'm doing something. Inshaa'Allaah I think it's ok as long as it's not accompanied with musical instruments, if the lyrics does not contain anything inappropriate and as long as no non-mahram men can hear you. I hope someone can post a fatwa on here.

muharram23

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

LoL No problem with that as I like singing too especially when I'm doing something. Inshaa'Allaah I think it's ok as long as it's not accompanied with musical instruments, if the lyrics does not contain anything inappropriate and as long as no non-mahram men can hear you. I hope someone can post a fatwa on here.

Didn't u just give a fatwa :)

Amira D

I agree with Hurul-ein hehe.

Hey amira87. My name is Amira as well and if the number 87 is ur birth year, it is the same as mine. Funny right?

ma'asalama

farhopes

No God but Allah
What if I sang in my house with just me or my sister around and nobody else........hmmmmmm. I love to sing.........you got problem with that!

just kiddin

I love to sing too, dear sister Amira. I have to sing to my baby nephew to fell asleep. He is used to sleep on the poems of Mashary Rashed, can you believe that?!!! Alhamdulillah I find it very enjoyable to sing Mashary"s poems to him though he is just 16 months!!! :muslim_child: