Is My Salaa Valid

Kashmiri

Asalaam Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

Can someone help me answer this with some authentic proof pls. I wanted to ask is my Salaa valid when i pray i tend to find a thread of hair sticking out of my hijab or somethmes i be in doubt that my hairs out so does that mean i have to repeat MY Salaa

May Allah Subhanhuwatala forgive us for our sins ameen

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Its best you ask a sound scholar.

I have heard similar questions asked to Scholars and they said that the prayer is not broken, for example if the whole hijab slips. Unfortunately, i can not find any fatwa specifically on this situation...

For such a thing there needs to be clear evidence that the prayer needs to be repeated. Indeed, Hijab is wajib and has to be worn during the prayer. But, this does not mean that the prayer is broken if some hair slips out. or even a strand of hair slips out.

There are only certain situations which require a person to repeat the prayer. For example, if someone laughs, breaks their ablution, or as the Prophet :saw:

said: A man's prayer is cut off when there is nothing such as the end of a saddle in front of him, by: a [menstruating]woman, a donkey or a black dog. Abu Dharr said, 'I said: "O Messenger of Allaah, why the black dog rather than the red one?" He said, The black dog is a shaytaan. (Muslim, Abu Daawood and Ibn Khuzaimah (1/95/2). )

If you wear hijab and your hair slips, or if something happens like that, it does not break your prayer. . nor do you repeat it.

Allah Says in the Quran:

"Allah intends for you ease, and does not want to make things difficult for you" [2:185];

and "Allah does not want to place you in difficulty" [5:6].

Islam is religion of ease

Such easiness is well explained in the hadeeth reported by Abu Hurairah, radiya Allahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, said, "Religion is easy..." [Bukhari],

he also said; "The best of your religion, is the easiest." [Ahmad]

In Sahih Al-Bukhari it is reported that some Muslims who had recently accepted Islaam gave some meat as a gift to a group Muslims, who said, "O Messenger of Allaah, some people brought us meat, and we do not know whether they said Allaah's Name over it (when they slaughtered it) or not?" The Messenger of Allaah Salallaahu alayhi wasallam said to them, "Say the Name of Allaah and eat." (Al-Bukhari no.5507)

In related issues, such as when a person is doing Wudhu, Scholars say that if a person forgets to say Bismillah, their wudhu is still valid.

The Ruling on Saying Bismillaah before Wudhu' Question:

I make ablution and I forget to say Bismillaah until after I have finished washing my hands, and whenever I remember, I repeat it again; what is the ruling on this? Answer:

The majority of the scholars agree that Wudhu is correct even without saying Bismillaah, while some of the scholars hold that the Tasmiyyah is obligatory, so long as one knows and remembers it, based upon what was reported from the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wassallam):

لاَ وُضُوْءَ لِمَنْ لَمْ يَذْكُرِ اسْمَ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ​

"There is no Wudhu for the one who does not mention the name of Allah upon it." [At-Tirmithi no.25 and Ibn Majah nos.397, 398, 399.]
But whoever left it due to forgetfulness or ignorance, his Wudhu is correct, and he does not need to repeat it, even if we accept that the Tasmiyyah is obligatory, because it is excused due to ignorance or forgetfulness, and the proof for that is in Allah’s words:

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا​

"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error." [Al Baqarah: 286]
And it has been authentically reported from the Messenger of Allah (salallaahu 'alaihi wassallam) that Allah, the Most Glorified, Most High has answered this supplication.
Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz Fatawa Islamiyah Vol.2/Page 49 Darussalam

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Wow, I didn't know that if you laugh you break your Sallah. After being a Christian for so long, the relationship I developed with our Lord become quite intimate for me. Sometimes I whisper, sometimes I would yell, sometimes I would cry, sometimes I would laugh. I don't think it was ever supposed to be a thing of disrespect, more like I was trying to treat Him like a friend as well as my God.

I will keep this in mind for my next Sallah though, Brother Mabsoot. Thank you.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wow, I didn't know that if you laugh you break your Sallah. After being a Christian for so long, the relationship I developed with our Lord become quite intimate for me. Sometimes I whisper, sometimes I would yell, sometimes I would cry, sometimes I would laugh. I don't think it was ever supposed to be a thing of disrespect, more like I was trying to treat Him like a friend as well as my God.

I will keep this in mind for my next Sallah though, Brother Mabsoot. Thank you.
assalamu alaykum (peace be upon you)

Hehe, Its ok brother...

Its only if you laugh really loud!

Imam An-Nawawi said: "This is the case if one laughs aloud, and produces sound. Most of the scholars say that there is no problem with smiling. If one is overcome by laughter and cannot control it, his salah will not become invalid if it is of minor nature. If it is a hearty laughter, it will invalidate the salah. Custom would determine whether it is a major or a minor laughter."

:)

Here is a step-by-step guide to the Obligatory Prayers in Islam:

There are various ways we pray to Allah. The above is the obligatory 5x prayer. That every Muslim should do.

We can also supplicate to God in our own words after these prayers or at any other time during the day.

wasalam

Kayote

Now Im just using my common sense here but if you are laughing, wouldnt that mean, you are not paying attention... so another reason to focus.

WaAliekum Assalam

west

When you are making salaah, your concentration should only be focused on your act at that moment in time. If you laugh at anytime during salaah, this would signify that you are not focused on worshipping Allah.
Personally there are times when I make dua that because of how I am feeling I would cry.