Is this love? Woman attempts to sell child due to desperation!

elixbrody

Eli/Sister
This news made me so sad, I'm speechless
But I think if someone doesn't have the resourses they shouldn't consider having kids or thi will happen
Also if you are not mentally prepared ( oviously she is not ok)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Yes it is disturbing but let me bring to you another problem... The thread is titled, "Is this love in the west?", however the situation occured in some part of Russia from what is apparent. Now the last I checked an atlas, only 30% of Russia is considered to be European, the rest is considered to be apart of Asia, and Asia is not in the West. Also, the woman who tried to sell her child came from where? Uzbekistan. Do any of you know about Uzbekistan? Uzbekistan is a Muslim country, an abode of Islaam in central Asia. Prior, it was part of the region turkestan, and some historians have also considered it to be apart of Khurasaan. Historically it was known as Transoxiana, land of the two Oxus rivers (the Amu Darya and Syr Darya). There are three major cities in Uzbekistan that were once major centres of Islamic learning. Tashkent, Samarqand and last and not least, Bukhara. And yes, the greatest and most knowledgeable of the Imaams of Hadeeth, Abu `Abdillaah Muhammad Ibn Ismaa`eel Ibn Ibraaheem Ibn Al-Mugheerah Ibn Bardizbah Al-Bukhaaree was from the same very land.

So although it is a very "Western" thing to do, we should be more careful with our titles, especially with regards to generalisation.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
well first of all lets not judge this woman .The woman is mentally ill or anythingelse ,let Allah to judge her .

Second of all brother ,this happened in a muslim country .which is Uzbekistan ,ex russian republic ...so the woman on the video is actually muslim ...Whatever her intentions were she will be responsible in front of Allah and we cannot judge her ,I feel sorry for a child and I feel sorry for her ,because I saw the poverty there by my own eyes and people commiting suicide because of that .so many children left in the foster houses and so many children are addopted from there mostly by americans or people who agree to pay certain price ..
waaleikum salam