Is this true??

zainsmommy

*forgive my grammar and spelling:redface: *

Assalamu Aleikom Brothers and Sisters

Insha'Allah everyone is in the best of health!

I have a question about something that has puzzled me since my conversion almost three years ago.

In the beginning when I converted, Islam was so easy for me - then I came in contact with Muslims(Yes, I said it lol)
I thought that I would learn so many things but instead I was always left confused, sad, and wondering if I had made the right choice.

In the beginning, I only knew what I knew from reading about the Sunnah and reading the Quran....but when I met other Muslims, all these other things were being said to me and I was being corrected, ridiculed, and looked down upon for not "following" the proper way. I became overwhelmed and thought that Islam was not at all this simple way of life that would secure me a home in Heaven (InshAllah), but instead a complex web of rules that were impossible to follow unless you lived in a cave somewhere all alone. Astagfuralluh!!!

Still to this day I will read something or hear someone and no matter how much knowledge I now have or how much my husband tries to reassure me otherwise(Mashallah)...I feel incredible guilt and almost like "what's the point if everything I do or any little thing I do will not be counted because of one mistake- intentional or not"

This brings me to my question...I read something recently and want to know if this is true? If so, can you please provide me with the facts of it? Quran or Hadith.

Here it is:

" remember Allah does not accept a 'GOOD' intention if it goes against islamic principles and the sunnah of the prophet no matter how good you think it is"

When I hear something like this, or read it.. it directly translates in MY mind to : no matter the action or intention, if it is not according to Sunnah or Quran...Allah subhana ta'ala simply will count it against me no matter what!! I will not be forgiven for it.

Which basically (TO ME IN MY MIND) goes against what is taught from Allah subhana ta'ala and the forgiveness He(swt) so mercifully offers us.

I feel that saying something like this to someone is treading on thin ice because you never know how someone may translate it in their minds. Also, someone who is not so knowlegable in Islam may think that "man...their God won't forgive you no matter what if you don't follow the rules EXACTLY...thank goodness I'm a Christian and our God forgives no matter what!" Get it?

So please help me with this...please show me so that I can know...and also so that I won't feel so horrible when I do something that I know is not right, but don't necesarrily do it with the intention of " OH! Today I think I will be a very bad, bad, girl and do this" *with a sneaky little grin*...maybe it is something that I am working on changing?? And would hate to know that all that time I was not being forgiven when I was sincere in asking.

Thank you all for any help with this!!!!!!!!

muslimummah

Just a brother
:wasalam:
A point to ponder: If it goes against the Quran and Sunnah, is it possible that the intention remain still good. "Good" in whose standard!!!

For a muslim, our standard is the Quran and the Hadith. Let me give you an awkward example, what if someone steals from the rich and gives to the poor.

Dear sister, there are many many categories of muslim. Often times there are many born muslim says things / do things that's totally against Islam(i.e. mix culture with islam, ignorant etc). Whenever someones says something to you regarding islam, you should always ask for proof/source.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum sister Zainsmommy, how have you been? How's your baby doing? I hope the best for you sister, may Allah Ta Alla increase our Wisdom and Ilm (Knowledge) of Islam, Ameen. And may he save us from Tahoot (evil), falsehood, and Innovation, Ameen!

And with what you have said sister, there are many Muslims out there who go around to crtiticize, or who think that what they beleive is right, just because someone who they like taught them that, and they beleive it blindly without trying to find if the information they are given is true (Sahih) or not.

And I think I udnerstand what you mean sister, like the problem with me is that people out there around me follow the Madhaabs, and the Hanafi Madhaab, and so when we stand in Salat, they do it one way and I do it another way because the way I follow Salat is by the Sunnah of Rasullah (SAW), and my information for that comes from Allamah Sheikh Al Albani mostly and Allamah Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al Baaz, Rahmatullah Alyh and may Allah Ta Alla multiply their rewards in Jannah by the hundred thousands, Ameen.

And so people come to me and ask me, "What Madhaab do you follow?" And I tell them that I don't follow the Madhaabs, one reason because it is confusing and another is because following the Sunnah of Rasullah (SAW) directly instead of hearing about it from a Sheikh about his Sunnah is easier and more reliable to me, but anyone who sees me do Salat thinks that I am Shaaf'i, although I don't really follow any Madhaab, and many don't stop to critisize me, even though my information might be from Al Bukaree (RA) or Allamah Al Albani (RA), while they only read from books or what their forefathers have taught them, even though many of them know that I always find my sources from great Allamahs who are reliable and trustworthy.

But one thing you should know sister is that you should follow what is true and what is REALLY Sunnah, and if you ever have any doubts about something you should speak to a GOOD Alim (Scholar). And always make sure that what you follow is really from the Sunnah of Rasullah (SAW), and by that you should read Al Bukari and read, implement, and learn from Hadiths that great Sheikhs and Allamah like Sheikh Al Hassan Al Basri, Sheikh Ibn Al Taymiyyah, and Sheikh Allamah Al Albani, (may Allah Ta Alla have mercy on all of them and multiply their rewards in Jannah by the hundred thousands, Ameen), have declared to be Sahih (correct, true).

And another to do is also beleive firmly on what you beleive that you have FULL proof of (being Sahih and correct, reffer to the great Allamah for those like the ones I stated above, including Ibn Kathir Rahmatullah Alyh and amy Allah Ta Alla also multiply his rewards in Jannah by the hundred thousands, Ameen), and NEVER let your firm beleif in them to sway, because doing so will make you lose your fimr beleif in them completely (unless you go back to the source and remember that it is Sahih) and your Eman also shatters and falls down completely, like a building when it's main strong beam is broken and damaged.

And from Allah Ta Alla alone we should seek guidence.

aelshamy

:salam2:

remember Allah does not accept a 'GOOD' intention if it goes against islamic principles and the sunnah of the prophet no matter how good you think it is

أختى فى الله I believe that this say is right and I heard it several times from scholers but they always give examples to explain what they mean. And what they meant is not what you understood. It means that when you want to worship allah by performing ebadat like salah, saum, thekr, doaa ... you should do it according to sunnah. for example if you are in Eashaa salah in the 4th raqaah and you are enjoying your salah but if you intended to perform 5th raqaah and you stood up to perform it with the intention to please Allah, All this salah well not be accepted because it is against sunnah.
anothe example: If we are in 29th of Shaaban waiting for Rouyah and the mofti announced that tomorrow is 30th of Shaaban but you intended to fast 30th of Shaaban to please Allah this is also not accepted because the prophet :saw: Ordered us not to fast this day.
These examples are not mine but I heard them from scholers.
I should say that small differences are accepted as long as you are following imam mogtahed scholer and that is because imams, sometimes, have deferent understanding of sunnah in the branches and small issues (but they agree with each other in the principles and big issues).
So if you did somthing according to the understanding of some scholers (imams) while your friend made it slightly deferent according to the understanding of other scholers (imams) so both of you are correct.

Islam still simple and easy but we somtimes make it hard.
"And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion ......" translation of Quraan 022.078
"........ Allah desireth for you ease; He desireth not hardship for you ......." translation of Quraan 002.185

dianne

Assalamualaikum sister,i have an article for you to read,even its an eg but i hope that you gain a knowledge of Islam in your life.

Is Allah Forgiving or Revengeful?

Question:

The Qur’an says several times that Allah is most Merciful and Forgiving but also says many times that He gives severe punishment. Is He Forgiving or Revengeful?

Answer:

1. Allah is most Merciful

The Qur’an says several times that Allah is the most Merciful. In fact all the 114 Surahs i.e. chapters of the Glorious Qur’an except for Surah Taubah chapter 9, begin with the beautiful formula, Bismillah-hir-Rahman-nir-Rahim, which means, "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful".

2. Allah is Forgiving

The Glorious Qur’an mentions in several verses including Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 25 and Surah Maidah, chapter 5 verse 74:

"And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

3. Allah gives severe punishment to the deserving

Allah besides being Merciful and Forgiving is also strict in giving punishment to the deserving. The Qur’an mentions in several verses that Allah will give severe punishment to the unbelievers and rejecters of faith. He will give punishment to all those who disobey Him. Several verses of the Qur’an describe the various types of severe punishment that Allah will give in hell to all those who disobey.

"Those who reject our Signs, we shall soon cast into the Fire; as often as their skins

Are roasted through, we shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise".
[Al-Qur’an 4:56]

4. Allah is Just

The question is, whether Allah is forgiving or revengeful? An important point to be noted is that Allah besides being Merciful and Forgiving, He also has to give severe punishment to the deserving wicked or evil people, because He is also Just. The Qur’an mentions in Surah Nisa: "Allah is never unjust in the least degree".
[Al-Qur’an 4:40]

It is further mentioned in Surah Al-Ambiya:

"We shall set up scales of justice for the day of Judgement, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least. And if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, we will bring it (to account): and enough are we to take account".
[Al-Qur’an 21:47]

5. Example: Teacher forgives a student who copies in the examination

If during an examination, a student copies and the teacher who supervises in the examination catches the student red-handed, the teacher says that he is very merciful and kind and forgives him and allows him to continue copying. Those students who have worked hard for the examination will not call the teacher merciful and kind but will call him unjust. This merciful act of the teacher will encourage the other students to also copy. If all the teachers are merciful and kind and allow the students to copy then no student will ever study for examinations and all will pass with flying colours by copying. The theoretical results of the examinations will be excellent in which all the students will pass with first class and distinction but practically these students will be a failure in life. The whole purpose of the examination would be defeated.

6. This Life is a Test for the Hereafter

The life in this world is a test for the Hereafter. The Qur’an says in Surah Al Mulk: "He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed; and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving".
[Al-Qur’an 67:2]

7. If Allah forgives all and punishes none, who will obey him?

If Allah (swt) forgives each and every human being and punishes no one, then why should the human beings obey the command of Allah (swt)? I do agree that no one will go to hell, but this world would become hell to live in. If all human beings are going to go to heaven then what is the purpose and use of the human beings to come to this world, this life cannot be called a test for the hereafter.

8. Allah only forgives if a person repents

Allah (swt) only forgives if a person repents. The Qur’an says in Surah Al-Zumar, chapter 39 verse 53-55:

"Say: ‘O my servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

"Turn ye to your Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (will), before the penalty comes on you - after that ye shall not be helped."

"And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the penalty comes on you - of a sudden, while ye perceive not!"
[Al-Qur’an 39:53-55]

There are four criteria for repentance: First, agree that the act is wrong. Secondly, stop it immediately. Thirdly, never do it again in future. And lastly, compensate for the loss if caused to anyone.

About the author:
This is a copyright article of Zakir Naik.

blackivy393

"remember Allah does not accept a 'GOOD' intention if it goes against islamic principles and the sunnah of the prophet no matter how good you think it is"

im not a scholar or even a muslim. but when i read this statement. to me it says allah does not except something "good" intention if it goes against islam and the sunnah, no matter how good you think it is.

so there are things we can do, we view as good or nice but its against islam we wont get rewarded for it.

like someone might think its "good" to have bought christmass napkins for a party to help out; but it will not be counted or rewarded for as being good cuz christmass goes against islam

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Sister zainsmommy, brother abdul hasib has said it all so i don't have much to say.. Umm.. If anyone comes and tells you "This is the right way" You've to ask them proof and YOU'VE TO CHECK it whether its authentic or not(again bro abdul hasib has given you hints on that) and as far that hadeeth i think(correct me if i am wrong) its about 'bidaah hasanah' "good innovation"(you can read more about it at islamqa.com) but if you are following something which you feel is right after learning about the same from reputed scholars and if its sync with quran and authentic ahadeeth, you don't have to worry about unintentional errors and when you learn(by asking Allah(swt) to guide you to straight path and get knowledge from a good book on the topic thats concerning you) about it, don't repeat it. I feel the above ahadeeth is still about innovation where no matter how good you think it is like "praying all night" "fasting throughout your life" which our prophet (s.a.w) never told us to do those acts there Allah(swt) won't reward you..
:wasalam:

a_stranger

:salam2:sister
Dear sister Quran was revealed to Prophet Mohammad :saw2: as amercy and cure to humanity to solve not to to make things worse and the prophet was a perfect example for humanity we should( all muslems) try our best to follow this high noble example who is leading us to haevens by the will of Allah swt ...Though....I am an old muslema but still trying to be a good one since a long time.......l I feel I am very small in Islam and far from from being perfect .....I pary in time , memorize Quran and study hadith the more I read the more I feel the highest of my example (like a very high star in sky not easy to touch) but for sure I know that the mercy of Allah swt is wider than my mistakes and faults .....Dear sister : Keep on trying and say astagfur Allah ....Don`t worry and forgive those who can`t deliever the message in a proper way (WE are humans full of mistakes) ....I am sure that Allah swt will guide you to all that is good since he choosed you to Islam ...step in his wide mercy and never let people deviate you from your creator
with love and regards:SMILY139::SMILY139:

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin

Dear Abdul Hasib,

First time I heard a salafi talking, very interesting!!

Are you rejecting the 4 great Imams including one of them is a tabi'in ( follower of sahaba ) ?

I'm amazed that ppl rejecting the great scholars coming before us taking news ones that are obviously following their nafs. The thing is taking parts from teachings of the 4 great Imam and manupulating it to their desires and saying that this is the step forward. Such rubbish!!

Beware my dear brothers abd sisters of great innovators in deen that are to appear before qiamah.

Stick to the sunnah that have been brought down from Rasulullah saw to his sahaba to tabi'in and so on. As the Prophet had say meaning " bite/grip them ( sunnah ) with your teeth and never let go until you meet Allah "

Read Bukhari and Muslim carefully and you will find this latter day innovators and their ilks drumming that their ways are the right path.

Wallahualam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2: Sister,

Those who tell you that Allah is not forgiving then they are the fartherest of the people from him because He himself said,
" Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful[] (53)"
[Az-Zumar]

and He also says,

If you avoid the great sins[] which you are forbidden to do, We shall expiate from you your (small) sins, and admit you to a Noble Entrance (i.e. Paradise). (31)
[An-Nisa]

"And My Mercy embraces all things".
[Al-A'raaf]

"Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve.''
[Yusuf]

All the above verses from the Quran tells us how merciful Allah is.

Now lets see some ahadith.

In a hadith it is narrated,
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

In another hadith we are informed,
On the authority of Abu Mas'ud al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
A man from among those who were before you was called to account. Nothing in the way of good was found for him except that he used to have dealings with people and, being well-to-do, he would order his servants to let off the man in straitened circumstances [from repaying his debt]. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said that Allah said: We are worthier than you of that (of being so generous). Let him off.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari and an-Nasa'i).

And this one is specifically who tell people that Allah will not forgive so and so (except those whom Allah himself has told us about in his book that he will not forgive them)

On the authority of Jundub (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) related:
A man said: By Allah, Allah will not forgive So-and-so. At this Allah the Almighty said: Who is he who swears by Me that I will not forgive So-and-so? Verily I have forgiven So-and-so and have nullified your [own good] deeds (1) (or as he said [it]).
(1) A similar Hadith, which is given by Abu Dawud, indicates that the person referred to was a goldly man whose previous good deeds were brought to nought through presuming to declare that Allah would not forgive someone's bad deeds.
It was related by Muslim.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Another narration is: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah has one hundred mercies, out of which He has sent down only one for jinn, mankind, animals and insects, through which they love one another and have compassion for one another; and through it, wild animals care for their young. Allah has retained ninety-nine mercies to deal kindly with His slaves on the Day of Resurrection.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

So dear sister know that Allah is most merciful and gracious and he forgives all sins. In the end I will quote one more verse from the Quran which tells us about our part as well as to what should we do when our Lord is so merciful to us.

Allah tells us all through his Prophet (peace be upon him)
And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.[] (186)

I pray to Allah that He strengthen your faith and give you peace and tranquility of heart and soul.

Amir_of_spain

" remember Allah does not accept a 'GOOD' intention if it goes against islamic principles and the sunnah of the prophet no matter how good you think it is"

Asalam wailkium. I don't know whether this is authentic or not. However, i do know a hadith regarding actions are based on intentions and that you will get rewarded for it, but i never heard of a hadith where intentions had to be from islamic principles. If we change it abit and say intentions should be to please Allah then it would make sense because no matter how much good we do, if its for any other reason other than the pleasure of allah (ie worldly reasons of fame and gain) then obviously god wont reward you for it.
So good deeds have to be from islamic principles and the intentions behind them should be for the pleasure of allah only.

aelshamy

I feel incredible guilt and almost like "what's the point if everything I do or any little thing I do will not be counted because of one mistake- intentional or not

Like a bird who must use his two wings to fly.The Muslim has also two wings and he must use both of them: FEAR and HOPE. But I think that you use the fear wing little bit more than the hope wing. One mistake will not remove your good deeds, while Hasanat (good deeds) remove sins "And keep up prayer in the two parts of the day and in the first hours of the night; surely good deeds take away evil deeds this is a reminder to the mindful" 011.114

Besides the beautiful collection about forgivness brother Mohsin shared with , I add one hadith:
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them.'' narrated by Muslim

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
*forgive my grammar and spelling:redface: *

Assalamu Aleikom Brothers and Sisters

Insha'Allah everyone is in the best of health!

I have a question about something that has puzzled me since my conversion almost three years ago.

In the beginning when I converted, Islam was so easy for me - then I came in contact with Muslims(Yes, I said it lol)
I thought that I would learn so many things but instead I was always left confused, sad, and wondering if I had made the right choice.

In the beginning, I only knew what I knew from reading about the Sunnah and reading the Quran....but when I met other Muslims, all these other things were being said to me and I was being corrected, ridiculed, and looked down upon for not "following" the proper way. I became overwhelmed and thought that Islam was not at all this simple way of life that would secure me a home in Heaven (InshAllah), but instead a complex web of rules that were impossible to follow unless you lived in a cave somewhere all alone. Astagfuralluh!!!

Still to this day I will read something or hear someone and no matter how much knowledge I now have or how much my husband tries to reassure me otherwise(Mashallah)...I feel incredible guilt and almost like "what's the point if everything I do or any little thing I do will not be counted because of one mistake- intentional or not"

This brings me to my question...I read something recently and want to know if this is true? If so, can you please provide me with the facts of it? Quran or Hadith.

Here it is:

When I hear something like this, or read it.. it directly translates in MY mind to : no matter the action or intention, if it is not according to Sunnah or Quran...Allah subhana ta'ala simply will count it against me no matter what!! I will not be forgiven for it.

Which basically (TO ME IN MY MIND) goes against what is taught from Allah subhana ta'ala and the forgiveness He(swt) so mercifully offers us.

I feel that saying something like this to someone is treading on thin ice because you never know how someone may translate it in their minds. Also, someone who is not so knowlegable in Islam may think that "man...their God won't forgive you no matter what if you don't follow the rules EXACTLY...thank goodness I'm a Christian and our God forgives no matter what!" Get it?

So please help me with this...please show me so that I can know...and also so that I won't feel so horrible when I do something that I know is not right, but don't necesarrily do it with the intention of " OH! Today I think I will be a very bad, bad, girl and do this" *with a sneaky little grin*...maybe it is something that I am working on changing?? And would hate to know that all that time I was not being forgiven when I was sincere in asking.

Thank you all for any help with this!!!!!!!!
Saalam

Never heard of this hadeeth, heard of a similar hadeeth on which there is no confusion or disagreement over.
Can you please provide a source for the hadeeth?

Wasalam.

P.S. Not sure why it is so confusing for you. So long as you understand your deen according to the Quran and the Sunnah, I don't think it should be complicated. Many people will tell you "haram this haram that", but do realize that these are Muslims, but they are not scholars.
So if they something that doesn't make sense to you, you can ask a scholar or a Sheikh he will be able to clear up the confusion.

doctor38

Hi
I can sea where the confusion is coming from. Part of it, is translation related and part of it, is due ignorance of us Native Muslims. I will not directly tackle your question but I'll offer you general answer and thought that should apply to this question and other similar issues when a new Muslim is overwhelmed by this new religion that has so many schools of thoughts .

1)You have to remember that لا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلا وُسْعَهَا Quran (2:286) which means " Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope" King Fahad Translation http://www.qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/targama.asp?l=arb&t=eng&nSora=2&nAya=286#2_286

God will not ask you to do things you are not capable of doing or understanding. God will not hold you responsible for things beyond your capabilities and understanding. You are merciful enough to forgive a child or a person with good intention who made a mistake. Your mercy is nothing compared to Allah,s mercy.
KEEP IT SIMPLE, you were right To begin with. After all you became a Muslim despite of us (who are born into the religion). Always remember this, if you watched and followed us you wouldn't be Muslim today

2) Always Remember this, (أَهُمْ يَقْسِمُونَ رَحْمَتَ رَبِّكَ (43:32 which translate as "Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of your Lord?" Heaven and hell is not something that you, I and other Muslims own to grant them to whom we wish and deny it to others. Some people will act and speak like they know what Allah has stored for each and every one of us. Ignore them

3)Keep it simple. I mean Gabriel came and asked the Prophet and taught the Sahaba this stuff, the 5 pillars of Islam and the Iman.

lots of other issue come to mind and I will try and answer your question further. I am trying to stress simplicity of Islam. NEVER LOOSE SITE.

4)I have to admit that there is truth in the issue you raised but this can resolved easily whatever you do, always try and so stuff that was done by the prophet and companion. If you are not certain than go back to rule number 1 above