Islamic names for Girls.

The_truth

Assalam-o-alaikum Brothers and sisters!!!
Hope that you all are doing fine with the Grace of Allah Almighty.

I really really need your help for choosing an islamic girl's name for my newly born cousin...a name preferably of a Sahabia.....along with its meaning. I have tried searching on the net but there are so many names there that it was extremely difficult to find an appropriate name for her...!

Hope you will help me in this matter

With many Duas and blessings,
sister Zainab.

Well the Prophet's(saw) favourite woman of all was his beloved wife Khadija(ra) and second was Aisha(Ra) they are both very beautiful names for muslim women!

Khadija means "GREAT" and Aisha means "Life, Vivaciousness, Living Prosperous"
Personally i would say Khadija(ra) as she is the favourite of the Prophet(saw) and a beautiful name aswell of the greatest women Sahabia!

IslamicGirl24

Jazak Allah sisters!!
I didnt know i would get sooooooooo many good names in such a short time!!

The Problem is that in our family it is a tradition that all the children are named after the Sahabiat...so names likes Asma, Aisha,Aasiya, Zahra,zainab, Khadija are extremely common and everyone wants A UNIQUE name for my cousin......Oh and by Arabic names i meant those names that are not familiar in our country....
We really liked the names Hareemand Tehreem...Hareem is not a name of a Sahabia but its a very sweet name which means "the walls of Khana Kaba"...and the meaning of this name..Tehreem was not clear...some people said that it means Haraam ..can anyone tell me if this is really the meaning..??

Thank you again....!! and do remember the liltle girl in your prayers!
Salam.

hassana elkoussi

Jazak Allah sisters!!
I didnt know i would get sooooooooo many good names in such a short time!!

The Problem is that in our family it is a tradition that all the children are named after the Sahabiat...so names likes Asma, Aisha,Aasiya, Zahra,zainab, Khadija are extremely common and everyone wants A UNIQUE name for my cousin......Oh and by Arabic names i meant those names that are not familiar in our country....
We really liked the names Hareemand Tehreem...Hareem is not a name of a Sahabia but its a very sweet name which means "the walls of Khana Kaba"...and the meaning of this name..Tehreem was not clear...some people said that it means Haraam ..can anyone tell me if this is really the meaning..??

Thank you again....!! and do remember the liltle girl in your prayers!
Salam.

Yes, sis Tehreem means the act of making haraam , so i don't think it's an appropriate one

fada_all

wa alikom salam wa rahmato allah

the name khadija has many explanation ,some say it is a gril that is born before the right time , meaning born prematurely, but i spend a lot of time to explain its meaning years before ,and i find out that the meaning of my name is given to a woman who gives birth to many..specially 'boys'.. and a minority of people who konw this exact meaning.... i hope konw my bro and sis konw the meaning...insha allah

allah swt konws
salam alikom

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:

Some female names that I like.

Sama
Hafsah
Sarah
Sumaiyah
Aziza
Asma
Jannah
Amirah
Naimah/Ni'mah
Meem (my little cousin's name , named after the letter Meem)
Suraiyah
Mihrab
Hawa

:wasalam:

IslamicGirl24

Jazak Allah!

We had decided to name her Khadija but this name is already occupied by someone in the Family..:SMILY23:!!

So now we are InshaAllah going to name her Romaysa..a name of a very noted Sahabia...May Allah turn her into a very pious and virtuous lady..Ameen!

Thanks a lot sisters!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2: DANIA, NOOR , SARAH, ASIYA, KHADIJA, SUMAYA, IMAN,

I would like to ask someone who really knows Arabic quite well. What does Dania mean? I've been told it means 'close to the heart.' But in Quran it says that in heaven the date fruits will be hanging "low and near," and the word "dania" is used here. So it just means Near. Near to what? Please please, do tell me!

Also, is there any connection with this name and the Sahabi? Please, I must know, its very personal :D

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
These are my most favorite names:

Faatemah (the most beatifullest, because it reminds me of a great Queen, Faatemah bint Muhammad SAW)

Khadeejah (really lovely)

Zaynab (beautiful)

Aishah (mystical)

Assiyah (very honourable)

Maryam (because it's the name of Maryam Umm Esa, the mother of Esa (AS), someone who I look up to alot, and who I show a lot of respect too, but I show respect to all of these Muslimahs (on this list, including Esa (AS), and Muhammad SAW), beautiful names, Mashallah :)).

But a lot of sister's on this site have great names too, Mashallah :)

IslamicGirl24

Jazak Allah for suggesting so many beautiful names.....my Khala decided to name her Khadija...as we all like the name very much!!!

By the way is there any difference between Zaynab and Zainab?? Because i write my name as Zainab and have gotten to know what it really means!!

Almeftah

I know Aasia is a very common name. But when I was little, we had a set of 8 books called "Islamic studies for children", in it it said that the name Aasiya shouldn't be given because it means "disobedient." ????

I never heard of such thing.. could be true, i dont know!!

NENE A'ISHA

asalamu aleikum for i will give you these names that i like the most
khadija the name of the prophet's wife or fatima is daugther and the last one a'isha the other wife ...all it s yours ok .mass salaman

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
What's wrong with names from the Ahl Al Bayt (blessings upon them). Let's not be picky too. Anyway i would suggest like Zainab or Fatima

Brother Ali, I don't think anyone said anything against name from "Ahlul Bayt'... we don't make any distinction between names.
I like the name Zainab too. My sister is named Fatima.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
"I really really need your help for choosing an islamic girl's name for my newly born cousin...a name preferably of a Sahabia."

Just wondering
Fatima (may Allah be pleased with her) is a Sahabia, so is Hafsah (may Allah be pleased with her) so is Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her).

What's your point?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Jazak Allah for suggesting so many beautiful names.....my Khala decided to name her Khadija...as we all like the name very much!!!

By the way is there any difference between Zaynab and Zainab?? Because i write my name as Zainab and have gotten to know what it really means!!
There's really NO differance Baji, because it matters how it's written in Arabic, and as far as it's concerened, both ways are right.

Well, unless it's in Urdu (LoL :D)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salam!
i thought that too.. brother!!!....

and Baji?????.....lolz!!...i am only 14!!
*rollseyes* :rolleyes:

You're not the first one, but LoL, I thought you were 24 years old :D LoL!

Almost like EVERY new sister that I've met (and thought was older than me) turned out to be my age, LoL.

But LoL, what month is your birthday in sister? If it's before June, then it's alright, but if it's AFTER June, then this'll pretty much be my last time talking to you (unless you start it).

You really live in Pakistan? Cool. I didn't know that a lot of Muslims know English well over there. LoL I always imagine everyone on this site having an American accent, LoL.

It was amusing talking to you sister. Jazakallah Kyran wa Barakallahu Feek for putting a smile on my face sister. :)

[yt]9fNXQ6BcL2w[/yt]

IslamicGirl24

This means that i am older than you because my Biirthday comes before June!!:lol:

Hmm...well since all our textbooks are in English..so you can say that English is pretty much like a national language here and nobody can survive here without learning it!
With Duas and Blessings..