"Islamic" Nasheed?? Think again!!! (Very very very Important)

ProudToBeaMuslim

music has always been haram whether in nasheeds or anything. Nasheeds which are without music, are alright. But they are some what lesser than their musical counterparts and this trend of music in nasheeds is increasing

If you watch the later parts of this lecture, you will come to know that even certain Nasheeds without Music which are produced today, fall into the haraam category. The brother reads out a list of the "Nasheed singers" with and without music, that we should be wary of. (I think its in part 9 or 10) I was really shocked to know that Zain Bikkha, Ahmed Bukhatir etc where all in that list! The brother does not leave a room for argument when he cites the reason for this. He even makes us listen to the sort of Nasheed that is permissible.
Brothers and Sisters, please do watch the entire lecture when you get the time. He explains it all very well. Masha' Allah.

ProudToBeaMuslim

Brothers and sisters, Just wanted to inform you that I'll be posting other lectures by this brother Insha Allah. I've realized its wayy easier to give a person a link to this thread rather than directing them to the actual videos, if I want to share all the parts with them. So, Insha Allah, for easier access, I'll post them to make the entire lecture available in one spot.
Here are the lecture threads coming up:
"Is this Sister going to Jannah?"
"Quoting Jesus"

JazakAllahu Khairan again for keeping the thread alive, again, I request you to occasionally bump this thread ^^

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
may be this is my last bump for this thread before i go away.

i hope in sha Allah our mods would make this one sticky, soon... :)

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

If Music is haram then why does countries like Saudia Arabia and iran have musicians coming out of the country ? I used to live in Saudia Arabia and they even sell foreign music albums, If music is haram then why do that ?

And please dont say they are not true Islamic countries. Saudia Arabia as I heard practices Sharia and so does Iran.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

If Music is haram then why does countries like Saudia Arabia and iran have musicians coming out of the country ? I used to live in Saudia Arabia and they even sell foreign music albums, If music is haram then why do that ?

And please dont say they are not true Islamic countries. Saudia Arabia as I heard practices Sharia and so does Iran.

but why we should not say bro when its the truth. iran is Islamic? when the sahabas are cursed there.

saudi arabia is Islamic? here is insurance is compulsory. now what? :)

ProudToBeaMuslim

Brother, the condition you are giving for Music not being haraam is that there are Saudi Arabians who are Musicians.
Is that how we determine what is haraam and what is not? Did the Prophet (pbuh) say "follow the Iranians, or follow the Saudi Arabians?
If that was the way, there are many people from these countries who have killed, who drink alcohol and commit other heinous crimes. Do we imitate them just because they come from Saudi or Iran?

We determine the halaal and haraam from the Qurán and the Sunnah. And the evidence for Music being haraam is there in both.
Do take the time and patience to watch this lecture for Allah's sake.

Remember, the saying of the believers, when Allah and his messenger decides a matter is just "We hear, and we obey"
sometimes the reasons for Allah's laws are obvious, sometimes they are not. But nevertheless we say
"We hear and we obey, O Allah""
May Allah help us in doing all that which he loves and approves of, and keep us far away from all that which he hates. Ameen.

Remember, the Prophet (pbuh) has said "Whoever gives up something for Allah's sake, Allah rewards him with something better."

Islam!!yay

Brother, the condition you are giving for Music not being haraam is that there are Saudi Arabians who are Musicians.
Is that how we determine what is haraam and what is not? Did the Prophet (pbuh) say "follow the Iranians, or follow the Saudi Arabians?
If that was the way, there are many people from these countries who have killed, who drink alcohol and commit other heinous crimes. Do we imitate them just because they come from Saudi or Iran?

We determine the halaal and haraam from the Qurán and the Sunnah. And the evidence for Music being haraam is there in both.
Do take the time and patience to watch this lecture for Allah's sake.

Remember, the saying of the believers, when Allah and his messenger decides a matter is just "We hear, and we obey"
sometimes the reasons for Allah's laws are obvious, sometimes they are not. But nevertheless we say
"We hear and we obey, O Allah""
May Allah help us in doing all that which he loves and approves of, and keep us far away from all that which he hates. Ameen.

Remember, the Prophet (pbuh) has said "Whoever gives up something for Allah's sake, Allah rewards him with something better."

what im trying to say is that saudia arabia and Iran clearly are following the Shariah, so they claim. Saudia arabia is known for having absolute Islamic Monarchy if music was really haram wouldnt they ban it in their country ?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
what im trying to say is that saudia arabia and Iran clearly are following the Shariah, so they claim. Saudia arabia is known for having absolute Islamic Monarchy if music was really haram wouldnt they ban it in their country ?

Islamic monarchy? but i dont think we have monarchy in Islam but khilafat. the most pious becomes the leader of the believers....

power from father to son or from brother to brother is not from Islam. and Allah knows best

ProudToBeaMuslim

Brother, even you are doubtful about whether or not Saudi Arabia is following the sharia. This is another topic brother, and it requires proper understanding and sincere study. Lets not turn this into a debate on that.

What we are concerned about is whether Allah prohibited music through his book or through his Messenger. Not whether this prohibition is implemented by a country claiming to follow the Sharia...(Allah knows the best...)
But let me tell you, 100% sharia or not, it is the land of our beloved Prophet(pbuh), and will always have a special place in the Muslims' heart.

If you have more questions about the prohibition of music, feel free to ask. If you want to pursue the sharia topic, I reccomend you start another thread about the same.
Assalamau Alaikum

ProudToBeaMuslim

*Bump*
I really want as many Muslims as possible to watch this lecture Insha Allah....I am really sorry if some of the members are tired of seeing this thread come up in their recent posts list =]

Michelle_A

Proud to be a Muslim, thank you so much for posting all those vids. I watched the whole lot, in between having to answer the phone :). Very informative, I wasn't aware music was forbidden, yet I kinda knew there wasn't any *real* Islamic music out there.

Michelle

fachrul

i appreciate the op for those videos, but as what i've learned, as long as the words in the lyrics are only for worshipping Allah SWT, then it's not haram. I learned directly from my local islamic leaders, face to face, we made conversation, not only by watching videos....moreover from one only person.

no offense

wassalamu'alaikum

ProudToBeaMuslim

Proud to be a Muslim, thank you so much for posting all those vids. I watched the whole lot, in between having to answer the phone :). Very informative, I wasn't aware music was forbidden, yet I kinda knew there wasn't any *real* Islamic music out there.

Michelle
BarakAllahu Feekum Sister :)
I am really glad to know that. I suggest you watch other videos by this brother from their Channel. Especially "Is this Sister going To Jannah?"
I was planning to post it, but couldn't. Insha Allah I will post them soon. :)

ProudToBeaMuslim

i appreciate the op for those videos, but as what i've learned, as long as the words in the lyrics are only for worshipping Allah SWT, then it's not haram. I learned directly from my local islamic leaders, face to face, we made conversation, not only by watching videos....moreover from one only person.

no offense

wassalamu'alaikum

None taken.

Brother, again, the agreement of your local leaders does not nullify the Sunnah of the Prophet :saw: . The haraam is not determined by people. It's by Allah. There are numerous evidences, as you will find out when you watch the video Insha Allah. I agree that there are difference of opinion regarding this, but this difference is not because of lack of evidence that Music is haraam. It is because of people's denial of these evidence. They deny it because they are inclined towards music.

I just have one thing to say. Allah has used the term "Shaitan's voice" which is interpreted as Music in the Qur'an. Let me ask you, How can Good be achieved through wrong means? How can You glorify and worship Allah using something he has expressly forbidden through his Book and his Messenger?

How can one use Shaitan's voice to worship Allah?
If somebody still insists on worshipping Allah through this means, this is Bid'ah that the Prophet warned us about.
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

Brother, I request you earnestly, to watch this entire lecture for Allah's sake.
You can have your opinion, but if you have confidence that Allah has granted you the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, what is the harm in watching something like this? You will still be able to say what is right and wrong. It's not going to brainwash.

But guess what kind of videos has the ability to brainwash?

You might've guessed it. Those containing Music. AlhamdulillAh. Indeed Allah is the All knower of his creation.
So do watch it Insha Allah.