Islamic way of marriage

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah dear brothers and sisters,

Could someone please explain to me the Islamic way of marriage ? I mean the conduct of the ceremony and the feast. Actually, I've been invited to many marriages and I hated the way men and women were intermingled and dressed, the dancing, the alcohol, etc. Last summer one of my cousin invited me to his marriage and I thought it is better to help him with money but I declined the invitation because of all that stuff.

Wassalam,
your brother Adam.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah dear brothers and sisters,

Could someone please explain to me the Islamic way of marriage ? I mean the conduct of the ceremony and the feast. Actually, I've been invited to many marriages and I hated the way men and women were intermingled and dressed, the dancing, the alcohol, etc. Last summer one of my cousin invited me to his marriage and I thought it is better to help him with money but I declined the invitation because of all that stuff.

Wassalam,
your brother Adam.

Alcohol?!Audubilah...wow, brother it's a good thing you declined the invitation. I mean mixing of men and women and dancing with music is also very bad, but alcohol, is even worse! May Allah keep us protected from such things, amin.

rtbour

american muslima
I believe in Muslim marriage ceremonies the men and women are supposed to be separated if they are going to uncover themselves. Also, during the ceremony if the wife has a revealing wedding dress, she covers it with a hooded cloak. And alchohol is haram, so it's not allowed in the life of a Muslim at all- definitely not at a wedding. =/ It's sad how people claim to be Muslim but they don't follow the rules of Islam.

Robab

daughter of Adam
it is dangerous results for both

Aslam o alicom.
brother first of all islam does not like the mixing of men and women.because this situation create FITNA.so u avoid to go such places where men and women together.secondly islam forbid music.Alchohal,wine.if ur relatives invite u ,u tell them about islam and forbid them.if they do not accept ur arguments then u do not go as such places.it is better for u.because if u join these places ur imaan can be weak or spoil.i expect u have understand my views.:)

AdamMuslim

Salam,
Thank you all for your responses.
But I feel that there is some kind of misunderstanding :).

as you know, France is one of the most free and secular socity in the west. I do have lots of freinds and cousins who are not practicing Islam as they should. That's why they prefer the westren way of marriage. And that's why there are few chances to meet somone who is willing to get married the Islamic way.

I was born and rised muslim, Al hamdoulillah. I know very well that alchohool is haram, and all others related stuff. I'm asking this question because I've realised that I've never been in a Islamic marriage before and I would like to know the organisation of such a marriage (the ceremony, the feast,). Once again, alhamdoulillah, I know all the "contractual" aspects of such a marriage (Al-Qiran , Al-mahr, etc) all what I'm asking for is how should the ceremony be managed.

To make it more easy here is the question: have you been in an Islamic marriage ? if yes please give us a description of what you've seen.:SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259:

Wassalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I hope you're ok brother. Yeah, I know what you mean, and declining invitations because of this often leads to arguments. I remember reading a book on the subject which mentioned that Imaam Al-Awzaa`ee said, "We do not attend waleemahs in which there are music", or words of a similar meaning.

Inshaa' Allaah, these will help,

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10957/
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/7577/

I've also attached what seems to be an abridged version of Shaykh Al-Albaanee's book on the subject. It's a shame though, the printed version I had spoke about free mixing, dancing, music etc. whereas this document doesn't.

Was-salaam

Attachments

• The Etiquettes of Marriage and Wedding - Shaikh Al-Albaani.pdf
    331 KB · Views: 14