islamophobia just ignore and do not post anything on tt i about it please really

justoneofmillion

:salam2:
PRESS RELEASE REGARDING A DUTCH MOVIE
A movie-provocation about which everybody is talking while nobody knows anything !

SILENCE WILL BE THE BEST RESPONSE
Friday 18 January 2008, by Tariq Ramadan

Mr. Geert Wilders will launch very soon a short movie, about which nobody knows anything, where it is said that he is going to unveil the true negative essence of Islam, the unhealthy character of the Prophet or maybe the Qur’an’s insanities. Whatever is the content, one understands it is a pure provocation! Silence would be our best response!

The noise surrounding this movie’s launch and the public statements of Mr Geert Wilders are always so extreme that anyone can understand his objective is to provoke a reaction and to get media coverage and attention. For the time being he seems to succeed beyond hope: everybody speaks about a movie nobody has watched being afraid (or hoping) the scandal. M. Geert Wilders is a populist: having no serious real social policy, he is trying to get voters by feeding and using their fears! This is so clear that the Muslims must pass over : Mr Geert Wilders is now revealing his true nature and the best response is to ignore him. The worst case scenario he can expect is indeed not reaction… silence!

Yet we know that in these times of tensions, anything could happen. Governments in the Muslim majority countries, organisations, politicians can use it for the sake of other political stakes. As it happened with the Danish cartoon crisis, some governments and/or religious organizations (radical or not) instrumentalised the whole story to mobilize the people either to divert them from the true problems in their own countries or to get popular support by attacking "the West" represented as "the enemy". An uncontrolled over-emotional reaction is always possible and some can shape it through some inflammatory statements or kinds of a "protest orchestration" (by some governments or organizations). Thus no one can predict where it is going to end.

People have learned from the cartoon crisis and many will try to calm down the atmosphere but some other presidents or leaders have other agendas and this kind of crisis is very much an opportunity. Actually it is exactly what Mr Geert Wilders himself is looking for! One may hope that the fact that Mr Geert Wilders is known (and that it is clearly a provocation) would help the people to understand it is a trap and they must refuse to be driven into it. This would be the best case scenario.

The Dutch government need to have a preemptive policy built on a clear discourse that the government is not supporting (or even rejecting or condemning) the film and its content but it does not want to interfere in the name of freedom of expression. If any ambassador or politician from a Muslim majority country is asking for an audience, she or he should be received and this positioning should be clearly stated. Wilders should not be prevented from speaking, or be put in jail (as some have suggested) : one should only respond to his argument when there is an argument and simply ignore him when he is acting out of an orchestrated provocation.

GAZIJA

Staff member
Mashallah brother
I agree the best response would be to make movie, which refutes his documentary and shows the real islam.Provocative documentaries make our emotions go high and we blow things out of propotions.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

Jazakallah khair brother ,but it will probably be a huge reaction and a scandal again

waaleikum salam

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

Speaking of this movie, I just looked this guy up and according to the articles, it's said that he doesn't have any one at the moment to actually publish his movie and so therefor he plans to put it up on YouTube. I believe we can request YouTube early on to not have that movie posted on their site (for obvious reasons). It probably won't make Youtube reconsider anything, but at least it's worth a try. I say we all orgranize an online pettition where we take up 100,000 sigs. and give it to YouTube. Its worth a try.

p.s: Anyone want to help me out with this pettition? I'm very eager to start one up, but I need some extra help.

:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

Speaking of this movie, I just looked this guy up and according to the articles, it's said that he doesn't have any one at the moment to actually publish his movie and so therefor he plans to put it up on YouTube. I believe we can request YouTube early on to not have that movie posted on their site (for obvious reasons). It probably won't make Youtube reconsider anything, but at least it's worth a try. I say we all orgranize an online pettition where we take up 100,000 sigs. and give it to YouTube. Its worth a try.

p.s: Anyone want to help me out with this pettition? I'm very eager to start one up, but I need some extra help.

salam aleikum
yes i agree for the petition ,but will the youtube agree?
mmm...need to think of making some videos too ....

waaliekum salam

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
salam aleikum
yes i agree for the petition ,but will the youtube agree?
mmm...need to think of making some videos too ....

waaliekum salam

Well I'm going to post a thread on the Lounge to ask everyone for help. Youtube won't probably do anything, but you don't know that untill we try. This is a cause where everyone should chip in.

warda A

Sister
riots

salam aleikum

Jazakallah khair brother ,but it will probably be a huge reaction and a scandal again

waaleikum salam

Knowing the passions that run high, it will be a riot. the politicians will have something to shout about, and the population always get swayed.
as some suggested silence is the remedy for such situations
inshalla we will be given the swabri to remain calm under such treacherous seas.
And as always the truth will prevail

Allahu_Hassbi

I agree with you sister Warda.
Many Kufaars are tring to tarnish the Islamic image.It seems the more they try the more they are bound to be unsuccessful.The Qur`an is very emphatic that victory belongs to truth.
Allah SWT says:

“Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Surely, falsehood was bound to vanish” (17:81)

“Nay, We fling (send down) the truth (this Qur'ân) against the falsehood (disbelief), so it destroys it, and behold, it (falsehood) is vanished. And woe to you for that (lie) which you ascribe (to Us)” (21:18)

To my humble opinion practicing patience is the best remedy to avoid such scandals.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

If the movie is posted on Youtube, let us all flag it as inappropriate. That is what happened with many Islamic videos. I will alert my youtube brothers so they can make a video and alert their viewers. Please PM me for some ideas. Yes, dear brothers and sisters we have more important issues..this is a pain in the rear and nothing else. We have to choose our battles carefully.

GAZIJA

Staff member
Esselamu Aleikum

I read on some bosnian websites, that he will shred Quran on television and burn it?????????? I do not know if that is true or not?:confused: