Question: Jehova's witnesses: Is this a waste of time?

Muslimah4truth

I was recently very surprised to find a middle aged Jehovah's Witness lady knocking on my door. Her message was still the same old scare tactic. "Why do you think the world is so
bad?" I offered to explain how (IMHO) all experiences in life are an opportunity
for us to seek God's direction. Trials although not necessarily pleasant are
fine tuning our acts of worship...... Each day and all of our activities can
become acts of worship during our lifetime on this earth. I tried to steer the
conversation to the present rather than dwelling on a future paradise. She however was so controlled that she would not step out of her prepared script an inch for the sake of discussion and exchange of opinion, which was not only sad but quite rude. I took the Watchtower & Awake magazines she offered and even told her she was welcome to come again. Should experiment to see if I
can help her "think outside of the Watch tower?" Being that I was an active JW for 19 years before finding Islam (Alhamdulillah!) I feel I can talk to her from someone who's been there on the inside. Of course if she knew I was once a JW she would be prohibited from talking to me as I am now considered an apostate.

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
It's definitely not a waste of time ukhti! The world's too big but if we all learn to do our bit, we 'might' be able to make a difference! You did your bit Alhamdullilah! The one's who're rational will like like to look into the matter deeply, many might even succeed in grasping the truth InshaAllah! But to the rest, the irrational ones, let just Qur'an speak for the fact...
" It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not, they will not believe."-Surah Yasin

They're like the deaf, dumb, blind, they just won't get it!
However you must play your part, so that on the day of Aakhira, you're satisfied with yourself InshaAllah!
Wassalam!

Muslimah4truth

Did you offer her the copy of the Glorious Qur'an?
Yes and I told her that before we engaged in more questions and answered that she should read the Quran ( a translation downloaded from the Internet). I asked only that she read through Surah Al-Baqara which she says she is doing although difficult for her. She is Catholic and teaches children Catholicism at her church. Inshallah she will see the words of truth within the Quran.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
I try and get across the message of Islam at any opportunity I can, because it might be the person you dismiss as being uninterested or impossible to talk to who might be so moved by the message of Islam they convert.