Jesus(pbuh) in Islam

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
:salam2:

I have a quick question about Jesus(pbuh) in Islam. I want to know the following:

- How was he born?
- When was he born?
- Where was he born?
- Are the traveling of the three kings mentioned in Islam? if yes, how so?
- How did his "death" take place?
- Did he have a "ressuraction" in Islam as well?

Thanks in advance.

:wasalam:

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

- How was he born?

He (peace be upon him) was born miraculous with a mother and without a father. The angel jibriel has been send to his mother ( marjam) to breath the soul into her womb. And so she turned to be pregnant.

- When was he born?

He was born after the time of mozes and before the time of mohammad ( peace be upon them all). I think around more than 2000 years ago, allahu a3lem.

From the Quran i know between Mozes and Muhammad peace be upon them

- Where was he born?
He was born in palestine in the city betlehem ( bait Lahm) beneath a palm tree. And Allah knows best.

In the Quran it's very clear that he was born beneath a palm tree. See soerat Marjam. In christianity they mention an other place.

- Are the traveling of the three kings mentioned in Islam? if yes, how so?

i didn't read anything about three kings. In christainity they mention the story of the three Kings.

He is not been killed. He will die after his return to earth.

- Did he have a "ressuraction" in Islam as well?
See the Question before. Read soera Anisa from 157...

Thanks in advance.

Thank you too

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

He was born after the time of mozes and before the time of mohammad ( peace be upon them all). I think around more than 2000 years ago, allahu a3lem.

From the Quran i know between Mozes and Muhammad peace be upon them

Thanks for your answer. I know he was born after Moses(pbuh) and before Muhammed(pbuh), but I'm looking for a specific date. Does Islam state he was born in Dec. 25th?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

If I'm correct, authentic Islaamic sources state that `Eesa was born approx 600 years before Muhammad, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam... Will definately check now that you mentioned it. Born on the 25th of December? Nope, although the pagan god Mirtha was "born" on such day. The Constantine, who was a pagan and accepted Catholicism, specified a day of celebration for the Christ Worshippers on this day, since it was a day of celebration for them when they were pagans. That's where the number 25th comes into it. Many other pagan rituals were innovated, all this being set in the infamous Councel of Nicea. Read any book on the subject matter for more information. I recommend one called "Before Nicea", which can be found here, but I believe it has now been published so I don't know if its copyright has altered?! Also on `Eesaa `alayhi salaam, there are many books on the subject matter, here's one. For some brief information and reference to the Qur'aan and sunnah, check out the following links,

http://www.islaam.ca/messengers/jesus-the-messenger-of-allah/2.html
http://calltoislam.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=480&Itemid=48
http://calltoislam.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=440&Itemid=38
http://calltoislam.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=214&Itemid=31

Hope it helps akh.

aeeshafarhana

Assala mualaikum!!!

- When was he born?
*** According to one of the things i read about Jesus pbuh, he was born during summer season and not winter season.... That mean Jesus pbuh didnt born on Dec 25. as what in christianity said....

*** Its mention in the Holy Quran that Jesus never died... Allah swt took him alive to heaven and he will come back on the day of reckoning to tell the truth and fight to the Anti-christ and disbeliever... Jesus never crucified as what in christian said....

Thanks... Its all i can share... Correct me if there's a wrong info on the things i said...

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

Thanks to everyone who commented so far. Let me just recap to what we have:

-In Islam Jesus(pbuh) was born without a father. His(pbuh) mother, Mary(pbuh)was a virgin and he's birth took place under a palm tree in betlehem.

-In Islam, Jesus(pbuh) was not born in Dec.25th

-In Islam Jesus(pbuh) was not killed nor does he have a ressurection

A couple of more questions that I need the answers to:

-Who is Judice in Islam? If he did he exist, did he betray Jesus(pbuh)?

-Is the Last Supper mentioned in Islam? If yes, how so?

-In Islam was Jesus(pbuh) tortured by the Jews and nailed to a wooden "cross"?

-Are the traveling of the three kings mentioned in Islam? if yes, how so?
(I know bro. Imad said he didn't read anything on it, but I want to know what others have to say on it as well.)

Thanks

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:wasalam: wb dear brother Faisal_01,

According to my understanding, the Last supper is mentioned in the Quran surah Maidah where they all had a feast sent from up above.

Regards your second question, the answer is most beautifully expresses in the Quran. Jesus was never tortured by the Jews although the Jews were after him. When they did finally find him, Allah sw transformed one of the people into the apperance of Jesus and so when the Jews saw that guy, they thought he was Jesus and crucified him while the real Jesus was raised up to Heaven.

That is why we believe Jesus PBUH never died, he will inshala return to earth towards the Day of Judgement and complete his life (get married, propogate Islam etc etc) and die as Allah sw says every sould shall taste death and Jesus pbuh is no exception.

And Allah sw knows best.

Inshala I will try and post the exact verses from the Quran so stay tuned. Can I plz just ask why you need such information?

-Is the Last Supper mentioned in Islam? If yes, how so?

-In Islam was Jesus(pbuh) tortured by the Jews and nailed to a wooden "cross"?[/B]

mahdi

salam

, hey bro. i just want to tell you that , in islam jesus was not killed nor crucified, this is a verse in the quran
And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, Allwise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)
this is how the death of jesus will happen
"O Jesus, I will cause you to die, and exalt you to My presence, and clear you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve till the day of Judgment." (3:54)
Here God made with Jesus four promises:

"Cause you to die" (tawaffa), i.e., Jesus would not be killed by the Jews, but would die a natural death.

"Exalt you in My presence" (raf‘a), i.e., he would not be crucified, which the Jews sought to do to prove him accursed, but rather he would receive Divine nearness. In fact, raf‘a is the opposite of wad‘a, the latter meaning disgrace and the former meaning honouring.

"Clear you of those who disbelieve" (tathir), i.e., he would be cleared of the Jews’ allegations against him, as he was by the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

"Make those who follow you above those who disbelieve till the day of Judgement", i.e. his followers would forever have the upper hand over his rejectors

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Answers to your question from the Quran

4:157-8

157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

3:54-5

54. And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

55. Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

19:33

33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
excelent answers!!! very helpfull !
may i add/ask :so jesus didnt die for the sins of all people??!!! as xtians claim

wa salam alikom...
:SMILY139:

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
:wasalam: wb dear brother Faisal_01,

According to my understanding, the Last supper is mentioned in the Quran surah Maidah where they all had a feast sent from up above.

Regards your second question, the answer is most beautifully expresses in the Quran. Jesus was never tortured by the Jews although the Jews were after him. When they did finally find him, Allah sw transformed one of the people into the apperance of Jesus and so when the Jews saw that guy, they thought he was Jesus and crucified him while the real Jesus was raised up to Heaven.

That is why we believe Jesus PBUH never died, he will inshala return to earth towards the Day of Judgement and complete his life (get married, propogate Islam etc etc) and die as Allah sw says every sould shall taste death and Jesus pbuh is no exception.

And Allah sw knows best.

Inshala I will try and post the exact verses from the Quran so stay tuned. Can I plz just ask why you need such information?

Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it. The reason why I'm asking these questions is because I'm going through something personal and the issue is with religion.

I've heard of Jesus's(pbuh) body being switched with someone, so I guess my info. is confirmed.

I hope you won't mind me asking you the following questions. They may seem controversial and may seem like I'm trying to offend you, but know that it's not my intention to do so. I'm just asking for the sake of knowledge.

- The body that Jesus(pbuh) switched with, was it Judice? If so, how exactly is Judice explained in Islam?

- The person who's body was switched with Jesus(pbuh), how was he tortured and killed? Is that mentioned anywhere?

- I dont want to offend anyone when I ask this, but you mentioned that In Islam it states that Jesus(pbuh) will return toward the day of Judgement, and complete his mission by getting married, and spreading Islam. That being said how exactly is then Muhammed(pbuh) considered the last prophet? That doesn't exactly make logical sense to me. I have great respect for all of the Prophets but if Muhammed(pbuh) is supposed to be the last prophet to spread Islam, then there doesn't really seem to be any need for Jesus(pbuh) to come back. That to me defeats the definiton of the word "last." I mean to me that being said seems as though Muhammed(pbuh) was a substitute since Jesus(pbuh) didn't complete his mission.

Again, I know some people who may read this may fly off the handle because it may seem like I'm offending Islam, but I'm not. I'm just here to get some info.

Thanks again.

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

First of all i want to say something about the supper. There is a story in Christianity which talks about the supper. In islam there is no such story which resembles the christian story.

Sister bintul islam talks about the table with food which has been send from the heaven. This food have been asked by the people who followed Jesus. They wanted to eat and have more faith. It has nothing to do with the supper which has been taught in christianity.

you can read this in soerat El Maida verse 112

Now insha Allah i want to answer your Question other Questions.

- The body that Jesus(pbuh) switched with, was it Judice? If so, how exactly is Judice explained in Islam?

Judice, it's said in christianity he betrayed jesus ( Isa peace be upon him). We don't know the exact person who has switched with jesus.

There is a story which mentioned that it's a young man who followed Jesus. Some have given the name of this person. But that's not the point. The point is....someone else has been killed instead of jesus. That's the information you can find in the Quran.

- The person who's body was switched with Jesus(pbuh), how was he tortured and killed? Is that mentioned anywhere?

He is tortured by putting him on a plate of wood and ( crusified him). And Allah knows best

- I dont want to offend anyone when I ask this, but you mentioned that In Islam it states that Jesus(pbuh) will return toward the day of Judgement, and complete his mission by getting married, and spreading Islam. That being said how exactly is then Muhammed(pbuh) considered the last prophet? That doesn't exactly make logical sense to me. I have great respect for all of the Prophets but if Muhammed(pbuh) is supposed to be the last prophet to spread Islam, then there doesn't really seem to be any need for Jesus(pbuh) to come back. That to me defeats the definiton of the word "last." I mean to me that being said seems as though Muhammed(pbuh) was a substitute since Jesus(pbuh) didn't complete his mission.

No problem, but you have to know that Jesus will not return as a prophet or as a messenger, but he will return as a follower of Muhammad. There is nothing mentioned in islam about completing his mission. I didn't mention anything about completing his mission. His mission was Lalilaha ila lah and that's the mission of all prophets which has been completed. Isa will be the follower. He will have an other mission which is killing the dajjaal etc...

Again, I know some people who may read this may fly off the handle because it may seem like I'm offending Islam, but I'm not. I'm just here to get some info.

No my dear brother you are not offending me nor islam .

Thanks again.

Thank you again

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:salam2: wb,

Dear brother Faisal_01,

Please don't appologise, you're asking credible questions.
Im sure you know a little bit about Mahdi peace be with him right? The man who will come towards the last days of the earth and lead the Muslims to victory? If you don't then please do study about him, its very important to know. Anyways what Im getting at is that Mahdi (alayhisalam) will be a decendent of Prophet Mohammed asw. On the day that Jesus asw will decend back to the earth, He will decend in Syria and people will actually see him decend. Jesus asw will walk into the mosque during Fajr prayer and find the Muslims about to pray fajr lead by Imam Mahdi as. Imam Mahdi upon seeing him will shove over to allow Jesus asw to lead the prayer but Jesus asw will refuse and ask Imam Mahdi as to continue leading the believers and Jesus asw himself will stand behind Mahdi.

Do you know why I mentioned that? Read again and see if you can find your answer.

The reason why I mentioned it is because as you can see, Jesus asw will be lead by Mahdi in Prayer because Imam Mahdi is the direct decendant of Prophet Mohammed asw. Indeed, Jesus asw will guide the people to Islam using the Quran, he will kill the pigs and break the cross. Jesus is a Muslim, not a christian, who will come and clean things up basically as by that time, the world will be in serious trouble. Then he will marry, etc etc and finally die.

Brother, please don't confuse yourself, if this information is beyond you then simply say "samana wa atanna" We heard and we obey!

Prophet Mohammed asw IS indeed the final messenger and prophet (final nabi and rasul). There will be no NEW prophets after him (asw). It is really difficult trying to explain over the screen but I hope you understand. I strongly encourage you to read "The History of Islam" published by Darrusalam.

Any more questions, just harrass us with them. and I look forward to your post as to whether your questions have been answered yet or not.

May Allah sw bless you and I and Ummati Mohammed with religious knowledge.

- I dont want to offend anyone when I ask this, but you mentioned that In Islam it states that Jesus(pbuh) will return toward the day of Judgement, and complete his mission by getting married, and spreading Islam. That being said how exactly is then Muhammed(pbuh) considered the last prophet? That doesn't exactly make logical sense to me. I have great respect for all of the Prophets but if Muhammed(pbuh) is supposed to be the last prophet to spread Islam, then there doesn't really seem to be any need for Jesus(pbuh) to come back. That to me defeats the definiton of the word "last." I mean to me that being said seems as though Muhammed(pbuh) was a substitute since Jesus(pbuh) didn't complete his mission.[/B]

Imad

It's ínsha Allah very easy to explain.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Here is a list of signs of Day of Judgement's approaching, sent to me in an email. Faisal, I hope this list answers some of your questions.

* Camels will no longer be used as a means of transport;
* People will ride on saddles that aren't saddles (cars?)
* The distance on earth will become short;
* Horses will not be used in wars;
* Muslims will defeat the Byzantines which will end with the conquest of Constantinople Istanbul);
* The Jews will gather again to live in Bilad Canaan;
* Very tall buildings will be built;
* The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance, with much killing;
* Adultery will become widespread, and the drinking of wine will become common;
* The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there are 50 women to be looked after by one man.
* Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until no one will know what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are;
* Allah will send a disease to fornicators that will have no cure (Aids?);
* People will begin to believe in the stars and reject AL QADAR (THE DIVINE DECREE OF DESTINY);
* Men will pass by people's graves and say: 'Would that I were in his place'; (large amount of sucidal deaths?)
* The Euphrates will uncover a mountain of gold for which people will fight over (the river of Alfurat that lies near Syria);
* Two large groups of people will fight one another, and there will be many casualties; they will both be following the same religion World War II?);
* Approximately 30 DAJJALS will appear, each one claiming to be the messenger of ALLAH;
* Earthquakes will increase;
* Time will pass quickly;
* Afflictions will appear;
* Killing will increase;
* Wealth will increase;
* Women will be wearing clothes but not wearing clothes
* THE PROPHET (saw) SAID: 'IF MY UMMAH BEARS 15 TRAITS (QUALITIES),TRIBULATION WILL FOLLOW IT.' (DAY OF JUDGEMENT) SOMEONE ASKED,'WHAT ARE THEY O MESSENGER OF ALLAH?' HE (saw) SAID:
* When any gain is shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor;
* When a trust becomes a means of making profit;
* When paying ZAKKAT becomes a burden;
* When voices are raised in the mosque;
* When the leader of a people is the worst of them; When people treat a man with respect because what he may do;
* When much wine is drunk; red wind or the earth swallow them, or to be transformed into animals.'

* 'IMRAN IBN HUSAYN SAID: 'THE PROPHET (AS) SAID, 'SOME PEOPLE OF THIS UMMAH WILL BE SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH, TRANSFORMED INTO ANIMALS, AND SOME WILL BE BOMBARDED WITH STONES'. ONE OF THE MUSLIMS ASKED, WHEN WILL THAT BE O MESSENGER Of ALLAH?' HE SAID, 'WHEN SINGERS AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS WILL BECOME POPULAR, AND MUCH
WINE IS DRUNK.'' THE GREATER SIGNS OF THE HOUR The Quran will disappear in one night, even from the people's hearts, and no Ayyah will be left on earth. (Some groups of old people will be left who will say: 'We heard of fathers' saying 'LAILLAHA ILLA ALLAH' so we repeat it);

* The appearance of the MAHDI;
* The appearance of the DAJJAL (Anti Christ);
* The appearance of Ya'juj and Ma'juj(biblical Gog and Magog);
* Isa (Jesus) will come during the time of Dajjal;
* The rising of the sun from the west;
* The destruction of the Ka'ba and the recovery of its treasures;
* The smoke.
If we could get arrested for being a Muslim,
would
the police have enough evidence to bring us in?
Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy to tell a lie?
Why are we so sleepy in mosque but right when the prayer is over, we suddenly wake up?
Why is it so hard to talk about Allah but yet so easy to talk about nasty stuff?
Why is it so boring to look at a Islamic Article but yet so easy to look at a nasty one?
Why is it so easy to delete a Godly e-mail but yet we forward all of the nasty ones?
Why are the mosque's getting smaller, but yet the dance clubs are getting larger?
Do you give up? Think about it .....