Just a thought

ohhockleng

Assalamualaikum sisters and brothers,
Everyday while I was driving to work I realize I was always swearing around at other drivers how they drive and all. And I tried to be patient but in the end it'll end up to the same thing, if I'm not driving then it's ok. But as soon as I got my hands on the wheel and seeing how others drive I started cursing and swearing, I have to admit I feel satisfied for giving them a piece of my mind after letting it all out. I always thought, Our beloved prophet muhammad PBUH would have been patient. He's just the greatest man alive, discuss about the things that you've always wanted to be like Prophet himself but just can't and at least try to.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Wa aleikum salaam,

At least you're honest..

Try to listen to some Qur'an while driving, i think it will definetly stop you swearing inshallah and ultimatly ask the All Mighty to help you in this issue :) for He (swt) is the All Knower..

Kheir Inshallah

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

Wa aleikum salaam,

At least you're honest..

Try to listen to some Qur'an while driving, i think it will definetly stop you swearing inshallah and ultimatly ask the All Mighty to help you in this issue :) for He (swt) is the All Knower..

Kheir Inshallah

That is a good idea

Or you could listen to nasheed,
you need to calm down, and that way you will be patient
:wasalam:

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
well my aunties husband always curses when he drives. he does it in french, with the accent. anyway i wish he had ur honousty brother, than maybe he could also change his driving habit. or maybe he could listen to quran.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

i used to be like that all the time...
am using away to change that, and i found it working for me but its gonna take a while.

"always give excuses to others, and ignore that feeling of anger, and smile"

IT WORKED for me but it took time, and i hope inshallah that eventually it'll all change and Inshallah it will work for all of you.

warda A

Sister
Nasheed? I thought music is haram.

If it was haram we would certainly not have a forum for it here.
But there are different types of nasheed and i do not know what nasheed falls under what category, am sorry.

so listen to quran and recite along.

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
I do the same (cursing) but I have a good way to avoid cursing but it`s dangerous :) drive like them , I did it once or twice it felt so good , when you turn left or right just turn your signal and turn without looking at the mirror :) but be careful :)
be patient and Allah will reward you insha`Allah

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum brother

I've an idea but you should have determination ('azema) and patience so as to work with you, and of course you should be sincere in your desire of quitting.
It's called "the specified penalt" (werd el 'ekabb ورد العقاب). Let's agree at first that cursing and swearing is from shytan (satan), and his intention is to make you gain more sins and keep you away from Allah. To face this simply all you've to do is to defeat his plans, by making thwab (reward) out of cursing! How this? each time you swear or curse someone, you can determine a certain (penalty) in the form of good deeds to overcome the sin of cursing, for example; saying certain zekr (praise) or isteghfar or sending blessings on prophet Muhammad :saw:, say 10 or 20 times. Another example is paying a certain charity (should be small though :D) for each time you curse. Time by time you'll notice yourself that your problem is vanishing in chaa' Allah, but you've to keep on though.
Sister Libinette suggestion is great as well, may be both of them together will work for you in chaa' Allah
Brother Ahmad (proud 2b muslim), lol :D, I used to do this before, specially in Cairo where there's NO traffic rules. Was a great thing indeed; giving pain rather than taking it :D, but later I realized it's NOT acceptable as a practicing mulsim to terrify or annoy people, there's a Hadith concerning this, so I decided to take it on me :(, but of course without cursing, and counting it sorta PATIENCE for the sake of Allah, alhamdulellah. :)

Nasheed? I thought music is haram.

IT IS. Nasheed is sorta song WTHOUT music, plus halal words of course. May be you should try the Nasheed sect here in chaa' Allah

Wassalmu Alekum

Muhammad

AlwaysStriving

the best part is that you're admitting it, majority of us don't even realize our faults and when someone points it out we flip!!

admitting is the first step and then you follow the awesome suggestions by everyone and you should be good to go! =D

Insha'Allah!

i have a bad problem with swearing too while driving...once i had an accident and instead of saying a prayer , i couldnt stop saying th f word

ohhockleng

I do the same (cursing) but I have a good way to avoid cursing but it`s dangerous :) drive like them , I did it once or twice it felt so good , when you turn left or right just turn your signal and turn without looking at the mirror :) but be careful :)
be patient and Allah will reward you insha`Allah
Mualaikumsalam LOL! I probably should do so too.

ohhockleng

Thank you very much brother and sisters, I'll try to do something about it obviously the outcome will be slow or none but I'll keep on driving. The only time to drive for me is during midnight when there's no cars :)