just a thought....

Rivergirl

:salam2: brothers and sisters
i was wandering how much planning should a muslim do for the future? i mean sometimes i feel like there is no need to worry about things happening in the future, when i feel that judgement day is not far off, world affairs are just worsening and signs for the last days are showing?

just a thought?

:wasalam:

Sakeena

salam sister RiverGirl,
umm, do u mean planning for the future as in a few years in his life or the future as in the hereafter? sorry, I don't understand...u mean as the world is crumbling and destroyed around us, what's the use in bettering ourselves?

salam,

~Sakeena :hearts:

Rivergirl

:salam2:
Sorry for the confusion, not great at explaining myself sometimes!!!!
i meant the future as in, is it ok to plan a trip for next year for example? i read somewhere that we should not really plan too far ahead!!

also, i know we should always better ourselves and prepare in this life for the hereafter, i meant that as the world is crumbling around us, its like sometimes im just waiting for the last day to come. when i tell people not to worry about what might happen in the long term, they think i am being funny, i think for some people they dont want to think about Qiyammat and are absorbed into this world, i myself can be like this. however they are ok talking about death. i guess qiyammat is more scary!!! i find it much more scary than death, but i also see it as a release, as everyone will see the truth!!! Islam!!!!!!!!!!!

im just babbling on now!!!:SMILY209:

warda A

Sister
plan

You arent alone
i have been on that trip, my Dad says, plan(in everything, religion, duniya) like you will die today and plan like you will die after (years, meaning having a future)
sorry i hope you understand, at times my explanations go haywire

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
we must plan for everything (dunya and akhra) there is an arabic say :
work for your dunya like that you will stay forever and work for your akhra like that you will die tomorrow

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
Sorry for the confusion, not great at explaining myself sometimes!!!!
i meant the future as in, is it ok to plan a trip for next year for example? i read somewhere that we should not really plan too far ahead!!

also, i know we should always better ourselves and prepare in this life for the hereafter, i meant that as the world is crumbling around us, its like sometimes im just waiting for the last day to come. when i tell people not to worry about what might happen in the long term, they think i am being funny, i think for some people they dont want to think about Qiyammat and are absorbed into this world, i myself can be like this. however they are ok talking about death. i guess qiyammat is more scary!!! i find it much more scary than death, but i also see it as a release, as everyone will see the truth!!! Islam!!!!!!!!!!!

im just babbling on now!!!:SMILY209:

As Salamu Alekum sister

As much as I could understand from your post:
1) If you mean that the judgement day is clsoe enough and that we should quit working (or bettering ourselves as sis sakeena says :) ), then listen to this Hadith of prophet Muhammad :saw: :"If the qeyama (Judegment Day) has (just) begun and anyone of you has a seedling in his hand and he can implant it before it begins, he SOULD do. إن قامت الساعة وفي يد أحدكم فسيلة ، فإن استطاع أن لا تقوم حتى يغرسها فليغرسها " Narrated by Anas Ibn Malek, marked authentic by Al Albany (Sahih Al Game' - 1424). Meaning, what a seedling has to do after the Judgement Day? Clearly nothing! The Hadith is about being SO POSITIVE even if everything else says that there's no hope. I think the point is clear enough?
There's also that saying of Imam Hassan Al Basry (May Allah have his mercy upon him) pointed out by brothers and sisters above:" Work (or plan) for your life (donya) as if you'll live forever, and work (or plan) for your afterlife (akhera) as if you'll die tomorrow". It's about the equilibrium every muslim should be living with; having this life in his hands BUT NOT in his heart; not really hoping on or adhering to this life, knowing that it's just a TEST and a TRANSITIONAL PHASE, nevertheless not leaving it for the unbelievers and the evil doers to take it over.
2) Then if you'r saying one shouldn't worry much about the future, 'cuz it's all up to Allah subhanahu ta'ala, then this's just EXACT; Everyone sould PLAN for the best and DO all his best in everything concerning this life, then leave the results upon Allah, for HE's the only one who know the future and the destiny, and HE'll bring the best for everyone.
3)If you mean something else, then I couldn't understand it, sorry :D

Wassalmu Alekum

Muhammad

amjaddamen

brother
there is no coflict between working and planning in this life and the hereafter as long as you following (sharee'a) .on the contrary your working will be worship .
one more point , squolars say that when one dies he has his (qyamah) as he can not do one (hasanat) . so do not worry

warda A

Sister
we must plan for everything (dunya and akhra) there is an arabic say :
work for your dunya like that you will stay forever and work for your akhra like that you will die tomorrow

Exactly like my dad says
no wonder i said my explanation will go haywire
yours is much more clear
jazakallahu kheiran