Kashmiris no hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The REal KASHmir

assalamu alaykum,

The Crimes of the Indian occupation forces, numbering more than half a million, against the people of Kashmir have now reached genocidal proportions, presenting the worst example of state-sponsored terrorism. Because, the people of Jammu and Kashmir were pledged by no less an authority than the UN Security Council to exercise their right to decide their future under conditions free from coercion and intimidation. However, the peaceful movement of the Kashmiri people for the realization of this right and the respect for their fundamental human rights has been crushed with brute force.

Over the past six years, in particular, the suffering of the Kashmiri people has reached an indescribable intensity and magnitude. All human rights enshrined in the Charter, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the human rights covenants have been flagrantly violated by the Indian security forces. Since October 1989, some 38,000 Kashmiris have been killed by the Indian occupation forces, over 5000 women (young and old) have been raped, thousands have been maimed and thousands have been thrown in jail without any recourse to legal action. Torture, extrajudicial executions, disappearances, willful destruction of property and forced displacement are the order of the day. Kashmiris, despite a virtual media blackout, have been trying to bring these horrors to the attention of the international community.

An iron curtain hangs across Kashmir as India refuses to allow visits by Amnesty International, International Educational Development and other human rights and humanitarian organizations. However, these restrictions notwithstanding, some commendable organizations have been able to document the abuses perpetrated by India in occupied Kashmir in report after report.

Security forces have also repeatedly raided hospitals and other medical facilities, even pediatric and obstetric hospitals. During these raids, the security personnel have forced doctors at a gunpoint to identify recent trauma patients. Because of their injuries, the security forces have suspected these patients of militant activity. Injured patients have been arrested from hospitals, in some cases after being disconnected from life-sustaining treatments. The security forces have also discharged their weapons within hospital grounds and inside hospitals, and have entered operating theatres and destroyed or damaged medical supplies, transports and equipment. Doctors and other medical staff frequently have been threatened, beaten and detained. Several have been shot dead while on duty; others have been tortured.

Many of those seeking medical care are released detainees who have been subjected to torture. In fact, virtually everyone taken into custody by the security forces in Kashmir is tortured. Torture is practised to coerce detainees to reveal information about suspected militants or to confess to militant activity. It is also used to punish detainees who are believed to support or sympathize with the militants and to create a climate of political repression. The practice of torture is facilitated by the fact that detainees are generally held in temporary detention centres, controlled by the various security forces, without access to the courts, relatives or medical care.

Methods of torture include severe beatings, electric shock, suspension by the feet or hands, stretching the legs apart, burning with heated objects and sexual molestation. One common form of torture involves crushing the leg muscles with a heavy wooden roller. [a] This practice results in the release of toxins from the damaged muscles that may cause acute renal (kidney) failure. This report documents a number of such cases which required dialysis. Since 1990, doctors in Kashmir have documented 37 cases of torture-related acute renal failure; in three cases the victims died.

Rapes:

On 23 February 1991, a particularly serious incident occurred in the mountain village of Kunan Poshpura. More that 800 soldiers of the 4th Rajput Regiment surrounded the village. They rounded up the men outside and then broke into
houses in search of arms. Many women were attacked. The delegation was told that somewhere between 23 and 60 women were raped in the course of that night.

We wished to investigate the nature and importance, as well as the socio-psychological and political details of the issue, by questioning women attacked by the Indian security forces.

We were able to identify seven cases of rape and one case of sexual molestation, where no sexual act occurred. The victims come from several villages in the Kashmir valley.

With regard to the testimonies of these women, as well as to information obtained from other women who related what they knew about the rape of neighbours or relatives, the following points should be made.

It cannot be said that the rape of Muslim women is a systematic or generalised practice. It is only carried out by the Indian security forces (there is no case of rape committed by either the police or by non-Muslim civilians). Rape is sometimes linked to pure acts of vengeance for colleagues killed or wounded by the militants. Sometimes it is simply gratuitous aggression combined with sadistic impulses, which may stem from a soldier's humiliating living conditions and from a general inhumane attitude towards unarmed civilians. It is often committed by soldiers under the influence of alcohol.

The most horrific sexual attacks occur when a family member is believed to belong to an armed militant group.

There are also cases of rape and/or sexual humiliations of various kinds which take place during the interrogation of suspected militants. Such acts may be committed against a family member forced to attend the interrogation in order that a maximum of information may be extracted. 4

It is not possible to confirm that rape is being used systematically by the Indian security forces as a weapon to provoke a mass exodus of the population. However, it is certain that army officers are turning a blind eye to catalogue of sexual attacks and that the security forces are acting with impunity.

It should be noted that young, unmarried women are sometimes taken away for days to the soldiers' camps. This practice is mentioned in the testimony of four women from different areas. Some of these young women, having become pregnant, have committed suicide, preferring to die rather than to dishonour their families.

In Jammu and Kashmir, para-military groups, especially the Border Security Forces (BSF), and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), are primarily responsible for unacknowledged detentions, "disappearances" and other human rights violations; a smaller number are perpetrated by the army. The police are rarely accused of committing them and are themselves reportedly critical of excesses committed by the security forces. Although all the security forces theoretically operate under the supervision of the Director General of the Jammu and Kashmir Police in practice the army and paramilitary forces act independently of the local police.

In Jammu and Kashmir, security forces routinely detain young men whom they suspect of supporting armed secessionists or to have either harboured militants or their arms and ammunition. Relatives of such people are also detained. In practice any young Muslim man living within a village, rural area or part of town noted for activities of any of the pro-independence or pro-Pakistan groups can become a suspect and a target for the large-scale and frequently brutal search operations described in Jammu and Kashmir as "crackdowns." These involve arbitrary arrests of dozens or even hundreds of people who are often tortured. Recent press reports indicate that "a catch 22" situation has developed; Kashmiris, who may not have been in favour of secession in the past, have become so alienated by what they perceive as the Indian Government's persistent sanctioning of grave human rights violations by the security forces in the state that their sympathies for secessionist groups have increased. This, in turn, makes virtually the whole population suspect in the eyes of the security forces. Police officer Kumar told Reuters on 19 April 1993: "Anyone who utters the word independence can be arrested. That means everyone."

In most cases, the victims of these killings are picked up during "crackdowns" -- cordon-and-search operations in which the security forces surround neighbourhoods or villages and compel all male adults and teen-aged boys to assemble for identification. Hooded informants point out alleged militants or militant sympathizers. Those pointed out are detained; almost inevitably, a certain number are executed within hours of their arrest. These executions are not aberrations; they are not occasional excesses of overzealous security officers. These killings are calculated and deliberate, and they are carried out as a matter of policy.

Human rights violations have risen dramatically in Jammu and Kashmir since late 1989, the start of the campaign for secession or for the state to join Pakistan. Many thousands of Kashmiris are arbitrarily detained under special laws that lack vital legal safeguards and provide the security forces with sweeping powers to arrest and detain. They are held for months or years without charge or trial. Torture by the security forces is a daily routine and so brutal that hundreds have died in custody as a result. Scores of women claim that they have been raped. Efforts by relatives to use legal avenues to obtain redress have been persistently frustrated: court orders to protect detainees are routinely flouted and the legal machinery in the state has broken down. A judge of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court said in October 1994 that the rule of law in the state had ceased to exist.

Initially, the authorities made hardly any efforts to disguise deaths in custody. The disfigured bodies of the victims were simply dumped on roads or in rivers, or were returned to the police or relatives. More recently, the government has sought to cover up such killings by attributing them to "encounters" between militants and the security forces, or claiming that the victims died in cross-fire. However, the government has consistently failed to provide any evidence to support its version of events, and in many cases there is incontrovertible evidence -- including from medical reports and the police -- that the victims died in the custody of the security forces.

The army and paramilitary forces continue to torture and kill detainees with virtual impunity. There is evidence that officials at the highest level condoned a "catch and kill" policy: suspected armed separatists picked up though "crackdowns" are shot dead rather than arrested and taken to court. Vital legal safeguards have been suspended under special laws which give the security forces broad powers to arrest and detain and to shoot to kill in contravention of international human rights standards. Special laws making the security forces immune from prosecution encourage them to act with impunity.

The Indian Government has proclaimed that its policy regarding Jammu and Kashmir is one of openness and transparency. However, it has consistently refused to cooperate meaningfully with United Nations mechanisms for human rights protection. United Nations experts on torture and extrajudicial, summary and arbitrary execution have not been invited to visit India as they requested and international human rights monitoring bodies such as Amnesty International continue to be denied access to the state.

The behaviour of the Indian occupation regime in Kashmir is singular in so far as it has enjoyed total immunity from restraint imposed through international action or persuasions. No word of disapproval, much less condemnation has been uttered by the international community. There has not been a call on India to cease and desist from the murderous course it has chosen for itself in Kashmir. Such passivity, such unfeeling and such indifference, let no one blame the Kashmiris for concluding, account to encouragement of tyranny.

The Kashmiris' demand is very simple. They want to be free of military occupation and to decide their future by a democratic vote, impartially supervised. A mechanism for the exercise of this right has already been defined by the United Nations Security Council, which was not only supported by Canada but co-sponsored, too. This mechanism needs to be activated and implemented.

The unbearable suffering of the people of Kashmir cannot be brought to an end, nor the constant danger to regional peace removed unless concerted pressure is brought on the Indian Government to turn to the path of sanity and civilized conduct. It would be in the long-term interest of India itself to settle the unresolved dispute of Kashmir.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
This is the state of most Muslim countries in the world today, and the reason behind it is obvious. Look at Kashmir, Afghanistan, Czech, Somalia and Iraq. There are so many that I cannot name. Sister Ya Allah Madad is correct, we have to make dua, and at the moment that is all we are capable of.

May Allah (SWT) the Almighty make the lives and situations of our Dear brothers and sisters in these deteriorating countries better. May Allah (SWT) give them health, happiness, patience and a lot of Ajr and reward for all the hardship that they have suffered in this life.

Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I have been to Kashmir a few times, whenever I do I stay for about 1 month to 3 months. The last time I went the problem became clear, many of the people (at least on the Pakistani side) are busying themselves with worshipping "saints" and peers along with Allaah. Some people who I met called me to shirk, hiding it underneath a veil of "respect for the pious" (such as calling upon the dead when in danger and other shirki stories of the deviated soofees). The `aqeedah of the people is also a problem.

Someone who works high in the government there, wrote to a family member of mine, on how to resolve their problems. This relative said that the people need to begin with tawhid, and educate the people on this important principle which holds up the deen of Islaam. The man wrote back to my relative, saying that he agrees but that it would take forever, so such an idea was... rejected?

P.S. Come to think of it I don't know if he worked for the Pakistani or Azad Kashmiri government.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:
The first post coupled with this post is really depressing.
I have been to Kashmir a few times, whenever I do I stay for about 1 month to 3 months. The last time I went the problem became clear, many of the people (at least on the Pakistani side) are busying themselves with worshipping "saints" and peers along with Allaah. Some people who I met called me to shirk, hiding it underneath a veil of "respect for the pious" (such as calling upon the dead when in danger and other shirki stories of the deviated soofees). The `aqeedah of the people is also a problem.

Someone who works high in the government there, wrote to a family member of mine, on how to resolve their problems. This relative said that the people need to begin with tawhid, and educate the people on this important principle which holds up the deen of Islaam. The man wrote back to my relative, saying that he agrees but that it would take forever, so such an idea was... rejected?

P.S. Come to think of it I don't know if he worked for the Pakistani or Azad Kashmiri government.

As long as we have the means to change the situation, I believe there is hope. (We will always have the means to change it)

Also, both Pakistan and India need to stop being so greedy about this, for both its a question of 'national pride' against the other and Kashmiri people suffer as a result. If both sides took into consideration the human costs of their petty differences it would be good.

The first post coupled with this post is really depressing.

As long as we have the means to change the situation, I believe there is hope. (We will always have the means to change it)

Also, both Pakistan and India need to stop being so greedy about this, for both its a question of 'national pride' against the other and Kashmiri people suffer as a result. If both sides took into consideration the human costs of their petty differences it would be good.

well actually the kashmiris want to join pakistan ....why would india need to send so many troops to kashmir if they knew kashmir was on the indian side??....i dont think pakistan is greedy cause we r on the losing side....and the kasmiri people suffer not for 'pakistans pride' , they suffer for their pride which is they say they want to join pakistan rather than india ....pakistan jz supports them....

MOSABJA

:salam2

EXCUSE ME .Pakistani people is just one GIVE KASHMIRIS THE RIGHT OF SELF DETERMINATION ACCORDING TO UN RESOLUTION. if you call this stance GREEDY then I have strong objection.If you go to Kashmir and ask the people what they really want they would all say we want to decide.I dont think that even s single kashmiri would vote for India.on 14 AUGUST in kashmir Pakistani flag is raised on all houses.When Zulfiqar Ali bhutto(ex PM pakistan) called for a strike not even a single shop remained open.
Problem for INDIA is that it wants to keep it's foot on PAKISTANI RIVERS to black mail it.

We are not willing and will never give up our war with India till we have what is supposed to be ours WHATEVER be its human cause Eiher for Kashmiris or for Pakistan.Pakistani people are ready to fight a thousand years war with India over Kashmir regardless of the stance of MUSHY or any other government.Pakistanis will not get tired.
In pakistan whether you be in Multan,Karachi,Quetta,Lahore,Peshawar people are willing to fight for the Kashmir cause.We can risk a war with India but there is no way Kashmiri people can be left on the mercy of INDIA.This matter is only going to settle when MUSLIMS TAKE OVER INDIA as hadith say

Thawban - may Allah be pleased with him - that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said,

"Two groups of my Ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Eyssa son of Maryam - 'alaihimas- salat was-salaam."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani.)

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) promised us the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim.)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
well actually the kashmiris want to join pakistan ....why would india need to send so many troops to kashmir if they knew kashmir was on the indian side??....i dont think pakistan is greedy cause we r on the losing side....and the kasmiri people suffer not for 'pakistans pride' , they suffer for their pride which is they say they want to join pakistan rather than india ....pakistan jz supports them....
I see what you're saying. Alot of my family would prefer to be independent, (not all of them) but alot, and its not always been like that either, if they had to choose between india or pakistan it would have be pakistan -never india! But people get tired of war, they want to live in security, they hate being in such a limbo, 77% muslim population should have gone to pakistan back in the day..
EXCUSE ME .Pakistani people is just one GIVE KASHMIRIS THE RIGHT OF SELF DETERMINATION ACCORDING TO UN RESOLUTION. if you call this stance GREEDY then I have strong objection.If you go to Kashmir and ask the people what they really want they would all say we want to decide.I dont think that even s single kashmiri would vote for India.on 14 AUGUST in kashmir Pakistani flag is raised on all houses.When Zulfiqar Ali bhutto(ex PM pakistan) called for a strike not even a single shop remained open.
Problem for INDIA is that it wants to keep it's foot on PAKISTANI RIVERS to black mail it.
The Indian army slaughter kashmiris and chuck all the bodies in the River Jhelum something like...812 Kashmiris bodies have been thrown in that particular river since 1990...and ofcourse they dont want to go to India - I wasnt suggesting that.
We are not willing and will never give up our war with India till we have what is supposed to be ours WHATEVER be its human cause Eiher for Kashmiris or for Pakistan.Pakistani people are ready to fight a thousand years war with India over Kashmir regardless of the stance of MUSHY or any other government.Pakistanis will not get tired.
OKay
In pakistan whether you be in Multan,Karachi,Quetta,Lahore,Peshawar people are willing to fight for the Kashmir cause.
Chill Im not defending India :SMILY286: that would be...*gulp* (even if my family never read this post :SMILY26:...lol)

comes back to pakistani government and who it serves. The ordinary people of pakistan (like you people..) have good intentions.

----> No offence to our brothers and sisters from india - we're referring to 'India' solely in the political context here. nothing else :)

MOSABJA

Pakistani people will not be tired .Even the Pakistani GOVERNMENT has not yet done any thing bad to KASHMIRIS.EVEN the MUSHY gov.Have they handed
SAYYED SALAHUDDIN or HAFIZ MUHAMMAD SAEED.Any gov in ISLAMABAD cannot go beyond a certain limit on KASHMIR.It is the CORE ISSUE and the JUGULAR VEIN of pakistan.I accept that some Kashmiris want independence but LETS be realistic.CAN AN INDEPENDENT KASHMIR SURVIVE UNDER THE SHADOW OF INDIA.

This is what Syed ALI GILANI says that Kashmir can be independent but a Confederation with Pakistan or at least military influence and protection of Pakistan is necessary.look what happened to Bangladesh .Until it was East pakistan India dare not to construct dam on its water .Now Bengalis are starving as they dont have a military might to negotiate their position with INDIANS.Now the political parties like JAMAAT ISLAMI are gaining popularity in bangladesh who say that Bangladesh must have a military confederation with pakistan to stop the INDIAN influence.

PATRIOTIC KASHMIRIS are not those who have taken ASYLUM in UK and keep criticizing Pakistan and Pakistani government .But the ones like Syed Salahuddin who are fighting for their rights.Kashmiris have no ill towards any pakistani or Pakistani givernment even Mushy is not that much criticized by Ali Gilani and Salahuddin.these are the over seas kashmiri who have ill towards Pakistan.Because they left Kashmir as they were tired of war and keep on saying that Pakistan is prolonging the kashmir war for its vested interests.BUT THE REAL KASHMIRIS ARE NOT TIRED OF WAR NEITHER ARE THE PAKISTANIS

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I previously thought Kashmiris wanted their own independent nation. That they didn't want to be part of either Pakistan or India. I mean it really is up to them. If they want to be part of Pakistan, by all means, I don't see how it's going to give them up. But if not and their people believe they want their own independent nation of Kashmir then by all means I believe everyone should just leave them alone, even though India has no idea what it means to give people their freedom. :astag:

MOSABJA

All pakistan says is that there should be a plebiscite to decide about Kashmir.If They want independence then Pakistan will whole heartedly accept it.

But I tell you My cousin has fought in Kashmir .He says that most of the people an over whelming majority has a view that Kashmir should be independent but it should have a CONFEDERATION with Pakistan .The way Ali Gilani said that Kashmir will not be a part of pakistan but it will have a confederation with PAKISTAN.

Pakistan is not complete without Kashmir.Pakistan actually means THE LAND OF PURE.But the letters P is taken from Punjabis.A from Afghans(Pathans).K from kashmiris.I from Sindh.STAN from Baluchistan.

The word PAKISTAN has no meaning without Kashmir.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
A difficult issue, but I don't think Kashmir should be seperated myself, except under protection (of preferably Pakistan!). Look what happens when nations wish to divide! Look at what happened when India was divided!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Pakistan is not complete without Kashmir.Pakistan actually means THE LAND OF PURE.But the letters P is taken from Punjabis.A from Afghans(Pathans).K from kashmiris.I from Sindh.STAN from Baluchistan.
..hey where did you find that out from? Ive never been told that before :rolleyes:

I dont think Kashmir would survive under India at all I think it would turn into a mass ethnic cleansing of Muslims.

saba urooj

blah blah blah........sorry bro,

first ask kashmiri's what they want,as far as pakistanii thing is concerened then 1st let the pakistan support thr own states n keep thr eyes off from othr's states, being indian n meeting vd losta kashmiri frnds, they all want to be vd india,hv u ever seen the condition of pak occupied kashmir.i guess u better check it first n then campared it vd our part of kashmir.kashmir is one of the most wealthy state in india,in all aspect being developmnt,education culture,,,,etc etc

as far as the troops things is concerened then pak has to stop sending terrorists(misguided young folks in name of jihaad) for creating chaos in kashmir.

kashmir is a inseperable part of INDIA:)

MOSABJA

blah blah blah........sorry bro,

first ask kashmiri's what they want,as far as pakistanii thing is concerened then 1st let the pakistan support thr own states n keep thr eyes off from othr's states, being indian n meeting vd losta kashmiri frnds, they all want to be vd india,hv u ever seen the condition of pak occupied kashmir.i guess u better check it first n then campared it vd our part of kashmir.kashmir is one of the most wealthy state in india,in all aspect being developmnt,education culture,,,,etc etc

as far as the troops things is concerened then pak has to stop sending terrorists(misguided young folks in name of jihaad) for creating chaos in kashmir.

kashmir is a inseperable part of INDIA:)

:angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred: IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT KASHMIRIS WANT TO JOIN INDIA .OK LETS HAVE A PLEBISCITE.You are influenced by INDIAN PROPAGANDA.There is a KASHMIRI living in JAMMU on TII .lets have his views.

I CHALLENGE YOU INDIANS TO HAVE A PLEBISCITE.IF KASHMIRIS WANT TO JOIN INDIA THEN HOW COME PAKISTANI FLAG IS ON TOP OF EVERY JAMMU HOME on 14 AUGUST.How come not even a single shop remained open when Bhutto called for a SHUTTER DOWN STRIKE.

Why are the INDIANS afraid to have a PLEBISCITE according to UN resolution.if they are so sure that kashmiris are with them due to INDIAN DEVELOPMENT.WHY ARE THEY KEEPING HALF A MILLION TROOPS IF KASHMIRIS ARE HAPPY.

We want a PLEBISCITE .If KASHMIRIS join INDIA then its OKAY.As far as conditions on our side of KASHMIR is concerned they are FAR BETTER then INDIAN Kashmir ( No rape,No kidnapings,no killings,Vote of KASHMIRIS count 2to balance the Army vote)..

You are right that KASHMIR is INSEPARABLE PART OF INDIA.Because I think when Kashmir will get INDEPENDENT then INDIA would BECOME A PART OF Islamic empire.

hawban - may Allah be pleased with him - that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said,

"Two groups of my Ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Eyssa son of Maryam - 'alaihimas- salat was-salaam."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani.)

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) promised us the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed."

(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim.)

MOSABJA

If you really think that KASHMIRIS want to join INDIA.Then Lets have a PLEBISCITE under UN.If Kashmiris vote for INDIA then NO PROBLEM.

If you INDIANS are so sure that Kashmiris stand for india then the first thing India would do is to have a PLEBISCITE and then the KASHMIR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED .

But the situation is that KASHMIRIS dont want to be with INDIA thats why INDIAN GOV HAS NOT HELD A PLEBISCITE UNDER UN RESOLUTION.All Pakistan want is a plebiscite .IF YOU THINK THAT SITUATION OF OUR KASHMIR IS BAD THEN WE ARE EVEN READY TO HOLD A PLEBISCITE ON OUR KASHMIR .Let Both the kashmirs decide which way they want to go.

As far as PAKISTAN sending JIHADIS(mad folks according to you).Then mind it a GUERRILLA WAR is never carried out without PUBLIC SUPPORT.My cousin has fought in Kashmir and he said to me that the people there give MUJAHIDEEN every thing they want .There houses are open for MUJAHIDEEN.

Thats why one year back when INDIAN TROOPS wanted to rape a girl they went to house and said WE ARE MUJAHIDEEN .The father of girl opened the house and Indian soldiers went in and RAPED the girl:astag::astag:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I'm Kashmiri... although I'm not a fan of Pakistan, I would definitely choose it over India and total independance!!! India was better of as one, the division has only divided the Muslims further, achieving the goals of the kuffaar. Some of the Pakistani takfeeriyoon are causing problems for the Kashmiri Muslims, but worse than that is the torture and presence of the Indian militia. Worse then all of this is the fact that shirk is being committed by some people in Kashmir! Tawheed is the first part to any solution

Anyway this discussion is getting a bit... intense and pointless.

Let's wrap this up now shall we?

muharram23

Staff member
A difficult issue, but I don't think Kashmir should be seperated myself, except under protection (of preferably Pakistan!). Look what happens when nations wish to divide! Look at what happened when India was divided!

Selamu alaikum

u know akhi i am really tired about people posting what is all happening to muslims around the world, like it is the first and last time. People feel guilty and angry with the attitude of mushrikeen towards muslims but no one ever looks at the attitude of muslims towards their lord. Yes, muslims are suffering, but what is the core of their suffering. Their core is shirk, biddah, gibah, magic and not following their commands of Allah and staying away from what He forbad. They love tradition more than they love quran and sunnah. They hate searching ilm (knowledge of the deen)even though it is obligatory upon all muslims. One scholar is more beloved to ALlah than 100 worshippers. Why is that? Because the scholar knows what is permissible and what is not. He knows how to pray and worship ALlah s.va in the most proper way, while the believers worship any way they think is ok.
Reading these postings of what is happening around the world to muslimah ummah just hurts every muslim individual but doesnt solve the problem. No one of us can do anything except make duah to ALlah s.va and learn this deen and spread it. Teaching the muslim youth and raise a new muslim environment that will be upon tawheed and proper aqeedah should be the way to solve the problem. Without these two, even if we had the biggest weapons, the strongest army, Allah sva would make us be defeated and humiliated again. The history just keeps repeating itself.

Anyways here below u can read about what conditions muslims have to meet in order for their duah to be accepted.

Allah knows best

WHY DUA’S ARE NOT ANSWERED

By the noble Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymain [From Al-istiqaamah Published by Call to Islam Dawah Centre & Bookshop, London E17 UK]

[Q] : Allaah says: "And your Lord says: Call upon Me and I will, respond to your supplication." [Soorah Ghaafir 40:60]. So why is it that a person's duaa (supplication) is sometimes un-answered?

[A]: "All praise is due to Allaah, Lord of the worlds. May the salaah and salaam (Allaah's blessings of peace) be upon our Prophet Muhammad, and upon his Family and his Companions. I ask Allaah for the ability to be correct in belief, speech and actions, for myself and for my brothers.

Allaah says: "And your Lord says: Call upon Me and I will respond to your supplication. Verily those who are too arrogant to worship Me will, enter Hell in humiliation." [Soorah Ghaafir 40:60]. The questioner stated that he did indeed make duaa (supplication) to Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - but it was not answered by Allaah. So he is in doubt with respect to this noble aayah (verse), in which Allaah promises to answer the one who supplicates to Him, and indeed Allaah - the Most Perfect - never breaks His promise.

So the clarification of this is: that there are certain conditions that need to be fulfilled in order for a supplication to be answered. These conditions are:

Firstly: Sincerity to Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic. That is to say, one must be sincere in his duaa (supplication), so he turns to Allaah - the One free from all imperfections with an attentive heart, being truthful in his turning to Him, knowing that Allaah - the Most Perfect, the Most High - is capable of answering his duaa (supplication) and hoping that the duaa will be answered.

Secondly: During duaa, the caller should feel that he is in need of Allaah - the Most Perfect, the Most High in fact in dire need; and that only Allaah alone answers the supplication of the one in distress and the One who removes evil.

Thirdly: That the one making duaa should refrain from haraam (unlawful) matters, as this acts as a barrier between the person and his duaa (supplication) being answered - as has been established in the authentic hadeeth, from the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam who said: indeed Allaah - the Most High -is good and accepts only that which is good. Allaah has ordered the Believers to do that which He commanded the Messengers. Allaah - the Most High -has said.. "0 you Messengers! Eat of the good things and do righteous actions." [Soorah al-Mu'min 23:51]. And He - the Most High - says: "O you who Believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you. [Soorah al-Baqarah 2:172}. Then he mentioned (the case of) a man who, having joumeyed far is dishevelled and dusty and who spreads out his bands to the sky (saying): 0 Lord! 0 Lord! - whilst his food is unlawful, his drink unlawful and he is nourished unlawfully. So how can he be answered! (See Footnote 2)

So the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam explained the unlikelyhood that this person's du'aa would be answered, even after fulfilling the apparent factors which aid the duaa being answered. The apparent factors being:

: Raising ones' hands towards the sky, meaning towards Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - since Allaah is above the heavens, above His 'Arsh (Throne). Extending the hands out towards Allaah -the Mighty and Majestic - is amongst the causes of duaa being responded to, as is shown in the narration from the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam that he said: Indeed your Lord is Alive, Most generous. He feels shy that when his servant raises his bands towards Him, calling upon Him, that He should rebuff him empty, having nothing. {Footnote 3}

[ii]: This man called upon Allaah - the Most High - using the name Rabb (Lord). Seeking tawassul (the means of nearness to Allaah) with this name is also regarded as one of the causes for duaa to be responded to, since the Rabb is the Creator, the Owner, the Govener of all affairs - and the reigns of the Heavens and the earth are in His Hands. Due to this, you will find that most of the supplications made in the noble Qur'aan are by this name: "Our Lord! We have heard the call of one calling us to faith: 'Believe you in the Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lordl Forgive us our sins, and remit from us our evil deeds, and take to Yourself our souls in the company of the righteous. Our Lordl Grant us what You did promise unto us through Your Messengers, and do not disgrace us on the Day of judgement, for You never break Your promise. And their Lord has accepted of them, and answered them: Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, whether male or female. " [Soorah Aal-'lmraan 3:193-195]. So tawassul (seeking the means of nearness to Allaah) by this name is one of the causes for the duaa to be responded to.

[iii]: This man was a traveller, and journeying is often a cause for duaa to be responded to, because a person feels more in need of Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - when travelling, than when a person is resident with his family. He was dusty and dishevelled, seeming very insignificant in himself, as if the most important thing to him was to implore Allaah and to call upon Him - in any condition he may be - whether dusty and dishevelled, or in ease and oppulance. Being dusty and dishevelled is also instrumental, like in the hadeeth attributed to the Prophet saw in which he said: Indeed Allaah boasts to the people of the Heaven about the people standing at 'Arafah, saying.. Look at My servants who have come to Me dusty and dishevelled. [4]

However, these factors did not bring about anything, because his food, his nourishment and his clothing were all haraam (unlawful). So the Prophet saw remarked: "So how can he be answered!"

Therefore, if these conditions are not satisfied, then the question concerning the duaa (supplication) being answered will seem distant. However, if the conditions are satisfied and the one supplicating is still not answered, then this is due to a wisdom which Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - knows, and the one supplicating does not know what this wisdom is; and maybe that you like a thing and it is bad for you.

So when these conditions are fulfilled and the one supplicating is not answered, then either he has been protected from an evil which is greater than what he has asked for, or Allaah stores it for him until the Day of Resurrection, and he then gets a greater reward. This is so, because the one who makes duaa - calling upon Allaah alone, fulfilling the conditions and not being answered, but rather being saved from a greater evil - is in the position of having carried out the causes yet has been prevented from being answered, and therefore has a two-fold reward. One reward for making duaa (supplication), and another reward for bearing the trial of not being answered. So that which is greater and more complete is stored for him with Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic.

Also of importance is that the one supplicating should not express dissatisfaction if his duaa is apparently not being answered, for this action in itself is a reason for the duaa not being answered - as the Prophet saw said: "A servants duaa continues to be answered as long as be does not ask for anything sinful or breaking the ties of relations, and as long as be does not become impatient. " It was said: How does one become impatient O Messenger of Allaah? He said: He says: I have supplicated, I have supplicated, yet it has not been answered. He therefore becomes dispondant and abandons supplicating. " So it is not befitting that the one supplicating should become impatient about being answered, then become dissapointed and dispondant, and thereby abandon making du'aa. Rather, one should call upon Allaah, since every duaa you make to Allaah is an act of worship, which brings you closer to Him and increases your reward.

So my brother, you should take to making du'aa (supplication) in all affairs, be it general or specific, in diffuculty or in ease. And if it was that supplication was only a means of worshipping Allaah - the One free from all imperfections, the Most High - then that would be sufficient. So it is more befitting that a person strives in this - and with Allaah lies the success and the ability."

FOOTNOTES

1. Majmoo'Fataawaa war-Rasaa'il (no. 155).

2. Related by Muslim in his Sabeeb (no.1015) from Abu Hurayrah ra.

3. Saheeh: Related by Ahmad (5/438) and Abu Daawood (no. 1488). It was authenticated by al-Haafidh Ibn Haiar in Fatbul-Baaree (11/ 143).

4. Saheeh: Related by Ibn Ilibbaan (no.1006), from 'Abdullaah ibn'Amr ra. It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Sabeebul-jaami' (no. 1868).

5. Related by al-Bukhaaree (11/140) and Muslim (no.2735), from Abu Hurayrah ra.

Status
Not open for further replies.