Late night prayer

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum,

I am wondering about the prayer we can pray in the later part of the night...(I can't remember what Its called but I know it's best to pray it inbetween 1am-4:30am)

I am wondering If you have to have been asleep to perform this Prayer because I'm often up late and sometimes I perform it At Half 1 Without having gone to sleep!

(In case your wondering how I can perform it without knowing it's name I say for the intention that I Intend to pray a 2 rakat Nafl Prayer)

ahmed m

my dear brother, may allah reward you for your eagerness. this salah is called tahujjud. it is the best prayer after the fardh and sunnah. at this time, duas are accepted. allah says 'is there anyone out there and i will fulfim their needs'(to the nearest meaning). what i would suggest is plz burn yourself out. if you can wake up plz do. but if it affects your health and it overburdens you plz consider this. all nafl after esha salah is classified as tahujjud. so even before you go sleep, you can pray a few sets of nafl salah eg 2,4 etc. this is what i personally do. however, this is only half loaf. but half loaf is better than nothing. also, if by wakin up causes you to miss fajr salah then plz dnt wake up. may allah reward you.

jazakallah

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Tahjjud means performing prayers at night. Allah recommended the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to perform more prayers thus Allah will protect him and give him higher position in this world and in the Hereafter.

In this regard, a Muslim is strongly recommended to perform more prayers at night especially during the month of Ramadan. Thus, do your best and do spend some of your times in reading the Qur’an.
:)i enjoy answering your questions bro, im sure everyone here has same feeling

OsMaN_93

Here to help
RE; when is the best time to pray tahjjud?

1. later is better
asalaamu 'alaikum.

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "If anyone is afraid that he may not get up in the latter part of the night, he should observe Witr in the first part of it; and if anyone is eager to get up in the last part of it, he should observe Witr at the end of the night, for prayer at the end of the night is witnessed (by the angels) and that is preferable." (sahih muslim kitaab as-salaat #1650)

we know that abu bakr as-sideeq(ra) used to do qiyaam al-layl before sleeping because of the fear of not being able to wake up before fajr and 'umar ibn al-khattab(ra) used to strive to wake up in the latter part of the night

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.The time of Tahajjud extends from the time of Isha until SUBHE SADIQ [true dawn]. Ahadith related from Hadhrat Aa'isha [radhiyallahu anha] state that Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] sometimes performed Tahajjud in the early portion of the night and on occasions when half the night had passed. However, towards the latter part of his life he frequently performed it in the last portion of the night. As the night progresses, Allah Ta'ala's Mercy and Blessings increase. Hence, the last sixth of the night is most preferred. [Maktoobat Shaikh ul Islaam 77 p 202 - Fatawa Rahimiya vol 2 p 376]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Time of tahajjud
Allah says in the holy qur'an: "And during part of the night, pray Tahajjud, beyond what is incumbent upon you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory." (17:79)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.Cont
For exact timing, tahajjud prayer could be performed after isha prayer,it should be completed at least 1 hour before fajr salaah,the best time for tahjjud prayer is about 2 hours before fajr prayer.<<<(((opinion)))>>>>